“Cant beat it!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econostay Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mount Pocono
Econostay Motel
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Flushing queens
“Cant beat it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Great room/ price/ area/ people! perfect area right down the road from the casino, supermarket, restaurants, and only a few minutes away from the crossings! stayed for a week had two dogs with me and they loved it! they relaxed had other dogs and people to play with. pool was clean and wonderful not a lot of people had the pool almost to myself. the staff and other motel quest where nice i could have spent the day talking to them and still have a great day! manager was nice and always had what i needed on supply! Al and Tony where very funny and helpful. LOVED it there cant wait to get back to PA.

Room Tip: Be friendly and everyone will be more then helpful.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Joan G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

I came to the econostay due to that mount airy casino being right down the road. Stayed here for 2 weeks visting family plus checking out what mt pocono had to offer. It was cheap and the rooms look outrageous. went shopping at the crossing outlets then went back to the motel and slept all day. it very peaceful. Next time i come up i know where to stay. thank you econostay.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank serira117
Sunbury
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stopped here for a 1 night while traveling. I think I slept about an hour between hearing barking dogs and the guy in the next room coughing. Room was very old, bed very uncomfortable and the walls very thin. place was not very clean. This was a one and done for me I would never stay here again and I would not recommend anyone stay here.

PA resident.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Dennis P

Travelers are raving about these Mount Pocono hotels

Patchogue, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

We recently needed to find a motel in the Mt Pocono area due to a death in our family. We needed something fast and did not have time to compare the rates and amenities of local motels. Luckily we were pleasantly surprised. The price could not be beat. The staff went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable, giving us detailed directions and restaurant recommendations We travel from Long Island to the Poconos at least once a year to visit family in the area and we are so glad we came across this gem! It was clean, quiet and peaceful. We were given the attention we'd expect at a small country inn at the price of a budget motel. We plan to return under happier circumstances when we have more time to enjoy the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank diane w
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

We were coming from N.Y., booked the room from there. Drove all the way there only to find a very dirty room!! Pillows were stained, hair on the floor in bathroom (a lot of it) & a couple dead bugs, yuck!! It was in a nice location but after checking under the bed, had to go ask for our money back, which they did refund our money, would never make a reservation there again!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank suuzieque
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I was traveling to visit places I had not been to since I was a kid in the Poconos. I was lucky to find this place. Its located in the woods and reminded me of the way the Poconos used to be. This motel is very old fashioned, but very comfortable. Its very quiet, as its located in the woods, at night you can actually hear crickets not noise and traffic. It brought back memories of the days when I was a kid visiting the Pocono Mountains with my family. They have grills, picnic tables and a pool, there was a kind of like home feel, its like the days when I would stay with family at their cabin, I felt at ease and relaxed. I had no problems, and found most any thing I needed was available at their office. This is basic, but if your visiting the Pocono Mountains its all I needed. I would highly recommend this place if you want to have peace and quiet. I live in Miami now and miss the North East and its woods.

Room Tip: Talk to Chris, he is the manager, he gave me a discount because I stayed the week. Up the road on 61...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Dan H
Belleville, NJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

They do not honor their reservations, be prepared to be offered a room other than what you agreed to on the phone.
Bring your own toilet paper.
Bring your own ice.
Bring your own bathroom glasses or other cups, spoons, etc. as needed.
Bring your own coffee/ tea making equipment (there is a microwave and a fridge).
Swimming pool closed.
On-site bar/grille closed.
On-site soda machine broken.
On-site snack machine broken.
This is an economy facility, be prepared to rough it. There is a large grocery store two miles away where you can purchase some traveler's necessities. If you need to save money, you get a roof and a bed here but don't expect much else. It is more-or-less clean. Pets are welcomed.

Room Tip: The two-story block of rooms (where part of our family stayed) have even fewer facilities than 1st f...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Truck411, General Manager at Econostay Motel, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
We are sorry to hear you had some troubles with your stay. Extra amenities such as toilet paper, cups , etc. are available from our front desk, all our guests need do is ask and we happily provide them with the needed items. Many items are available from our front desk, as a measure to prevent wasted and protect the environment some items are not automatically stocked as after each guest we would be forced to throw these items away, as such these are not placed in the rooms, these are available from our front desk staff. Coffee Tea and extra items are all available upon request. Our pool is open from 9am till 7pm each day and is only closed during bad weather. On the day in question there were thunderstorms in the area and to protect our guests we closed the pool as a safety precaution. We believe in protecting the safety of those who stay in our motel. We are admittedly an Economy Motel, but our rates often save 20 to 30 percent lower in contrast to our comparable competitors. We offer many facilities that our competitors can not even come close to. Picnic grounds, grilling facilities and a 50 by 35 pool all in a quiet wooded setting. If you have any questions , please feel free to contact me, my name is Chris.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Pocono
Hotel M, Mount Pocono
Hotel M, Mount Pocono
#6 of 8 in Mount Pocono
Kalahari Resort Pocono Mountains

Been to Econostay Motel? Share your experiences!