“Peace and Quiet in The Poconos” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Econostay Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mount Pocono
Econostay Motel
You added Econostay Motel to your Saves list
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Miami, Florida
“Peace and Quiet in The Poconos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I was traveling to visit places I had not been to since I was a kid in the Poconos. I was lucky to find this place. Its located in the woods and reminded me of the way the Poconos used to be. This motel is very old fashioned, but very comfortable. Its very quiet, as its located in the woods, at night you can actually hear crickets not noise and traffic. It brought back memories of the days when I was a kid visiting the Pocono Mountains with my family. They have grills, picnic tables and a pool, there was a kind of like home feel, its like the days when I would stay with family at their cabin, I felt at ease and relaxed. I had no problems, and found most any thing I needed was available at their office. This is basic, but if your visiting the Pocono Mountains its all I needed. I would highly recommend this place if you want to have peace and quiet. I live in Miami now and miss the North East and its woods.

Room Tip: Talk to Chris, he is the manager, he gave me a discount because I stayed the week. Up the road on 61...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Dan H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Belleville, NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

They do not honor their reservations, be prepared to be offered a room other than what you agreed to on the phone.
Bring your own toilet paper.
Bring your own ice.
Bring your own bathroom glasses or other cups, spoons, etc. as needed.
Bring your own coffee/ tea making equipment (there is a microwave and a fridge).
Swimming pool closed.
On-site bar/grille closed.
On-site soda machine broken.
On-site snack machine broken.
This is an economy facility, be prepared to rough it. There is a large grocery store two miles away where you can purchase some traveler's necessities. If you need to save money, you get a roof and a bed here but don't expect much else. It is more-or-less clean. Pets are welcomed.

Room Tip: The two-story block of rooms (where part of our family stayed) have even fewer facilities than 1st f...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Truck411, General Manager at Econostay Motel, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
We are sorry to hear you had some troubles with your stay. Extra amenities such as toilet paper, cups , etc. are available from our front desk, all our guests need do is ask and we happily provide them with the needed items. Many items are available from our front desk, as a measure to prevent wasted and protect the environment some items are not automatically stocked as after each guest we would be forced to throw these items away, as such these are not placed in the rooms, these are available from our front desk staff. Coffee Tea and extra items are all available upon request. Our pool is open from 9am till 7pm each day and is only closed during bad weather. On the day in question there were thunderstorms in the area and to protect our guests we closed the pool as a safety precaution. We believe in protecting the safety of those who stay in our motel. We are admittedly an Economy Motel, but our rates often save 20 to 30 percent lower in contrast to our comparable competitors. We offer many facilities that our competitors can not even come close to. Picnic grounds, grilling facilities and a 50 by 35 pool all in a quiet wooded setting. If you have any questions , please feel free to contact me, my name is Chris.

Travelers are raving about these Mount Pocono hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I was impressed by the beautiful view of the mountains, trees and quiet country road it's on. The staff spoke English. The Econostay Inn is built of brick, and my room had a microwave, fridge, and good chairs on the outdoor walkway. It's negatives are that it's on the run down side, not the cleanest, and there were no drinking glasses in my room. The closet was a white wire rack on the wall. But, hey, the price was right. Next time I'll bring my own cup.
It is family-friendly, spaciously landscaped, with places to BBQ, a swimming pool, basketball court, & coin laundry. People even had their pets with them! If price is important, you like an outdoorsy, family-friendly environment, & you are tolerant of 'immigrant workers,' then try Econostay. Look on Rte. 940 for the big, bright sign with the yellow VW Bug in front of it.

Room Tip: The smoking rooms are further off the road than the non-smoking rooms. The second floor rooms have i...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BelleCheri
Palm Coast, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We were staying in the Poconos for our family reunion. We found this place after our original choice in motels we found had closed. This motel was one of the most quiet and peaceful places we have stayed in a long time. The motel is surrounded by woods, and at night it was so peaceful. The staff was friendly and the Manager Chris even made us up maps to the hall where our reunion was being held. We will be staying here when we come back to visit family again.

Room Tip: Ask for a non smoking room or the room we had room 102
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 584DonnaS584
Mount Pocono, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I have been living at the ecostay for the past 8 months. because they allow me to have my dogs here i am quite pleased. It isn't the Ritz, but i have made it home. The staff is always helpful. Chris, the manager, is very knowledgeable and a great help. the location to all attractions is awesome! once i find a home for myself it will be sad to leave my new found friends. every day they are working to improve the motel. If you are looking for a nice place to stay that isn't going to cost u a fortune i recommend the ecostay!
thanks for making my stay in the poconos welcoming and enjoying :)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Sherri S
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I needed a place that would accept pets. so, I ended up here. at check in, I was greeted by friendly staff. my room was just ok. what I expected for the price. my overall experience was good. mount airy casino is 5 minutes away and my dog was very comfortable. remember, this is a motel not a hotel and I would recommend this to people traveling with pets. one last thing, if youre using a GPS.....you won't find it. the location is wrong. once I got into town I had to call for further directions. once again, staff was helpful.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank ncsl33py
Larchmont, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

I was lost in the shuffle and ended up without a hotel or even a decent motel to stay in over Tough Mudder PA #1 April 28th & 29th. I called Econostay and was met with a pleasant voice telling me that they had room and were even helpful with directions from my location at Pocono Manor. I had just worked a 12hr shift and was dead to the world tired. It's literally under 4 miles from the Manor. I didn't have much clothing packed and the clothes I'd worn that day were filthy from the mud and water. They had a washer and dryer and even had detergent for me to use. I've stayed in the more expensive hotels that surround the Manor and I can promise you, not only do you get quality, you get great service from the most accommodating people I've ever met. I am actually staying in the same room for the same great rate for Tough Mudder PA #2!!

Room Tip: Their single rooms (ie 101 - 107) are bar none the best. Hands down. A quiet area, with spacious roo...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Hotel M, Mount Pocono
Hotel M, Mount Pocono
#6 of 8 in Mount Pocono
3.0 of 5 stars 229 reviews

Been to Econostay Motel? Share your experiences!