“Nice Hotel, Mediocre Casino, Sub-Par Restaurant” 3 of 5 stars

Mount Airy Casino
Gettysburg PA
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Nice Hotel, Mediocre Casino, Sub-Par Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My husband and I stopped at Mount Airy for two nights this week. The hotel was very nice - new, attractive, and clean. However, since there are a lot of hotels that meet those criteria, I need to briefly review the entire experience. The casino has a few new slot machines such as Ghost Busters and Alice in Wonderland but I suspect that I played on some of these same machines in Atlantic City 25 years ago. A sign out front states that new slots are coming - I certainly hope so. And I'm sure the casino has a non-smoking section but you could have fooled me. An interesting bar sits in the center of the gaming floor but I didn't see anywhere that you could just stop and have a quiet drink. There were quite a few emloyees on the floor dispensing alcohol, but I prefer to buy my drinks because I often don't remain in one location very long, and the wine was resonably price.

The first night we grabbed a quick sandwich at Betty's. Mine was a dry salmon burger that came on a humongous roll with a thin slice of onion, tomato, and chewy lettuce. There was also tartar sauce and some fries. The next night we ate at the buffet where the food was limited and luke warm. The last time I ate at a buffet with similiar selections I drove by a few days later and it was closed. Probably the high point of the entire trip was when I pulled out of the driveway at 7 AM and saw a bear run across the street. I won't be returning, but if you go, the casino gets crowded when the buses start to roll in.

Visited September 2013
MtAiryCasino, Guest Relations Manager at Mount Airy Casino, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Terri K,

Thank you for your recent feedback. We do offer older slots due to demands as well as frequently changing new slot machines. Please feel free to contact us in advance to find out if your favorite machine is available prior to your visit. We also offer a non smoking slot section in our 3rd floor Lake side room located near the casino entrance. There is a intimate setting at red's Bar located in our fine dining. We apologized for the disappointment at the Buffet and Bettys. Please be sure to advise the staff at the time of your visit of any concerns so that we can ensure your visit is truly wonderful. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Allison
Guest Services

San Juan, Puerto Rico
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good place to gamble”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

If you like beer and wine while you play ,this is where to go never have to wait for the next round.. non smoking area really doesn"t have smoke everybody that works there is friendly.

1 Thank deadballpt5
Dear deadballpt5,

Thank you for your recent feedback. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your casino visit. We will be certain to share your feedback with the beverage staff. We hope to see you again soon!

Allison
Guest Services Manager
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Business Outing/Fundraising Event”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

On August 24, 2013 Scranton Preparatory School had an outing at Mount Airy for our major donors. The Day consisted of Golf and Spa activities and ended with dinner for 70 people.
The day was perfect. Everyone was extremely helpful from the golf course personnel , to the spa and banquet chef. The dinner was Buffet style and it was excellent. The customer service was outstanding!

I have been involved in planning events for years at Prep. This was a very easy one for me because of all of the support and assistance I received from Mount Airy.

I would recommend Mount Airy to anyone.

Visited August 2013
Violet C, Guest Services at Mount Airy Casino, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Karen M, Thank you for taking the time to share your review from your most recent experience here at Mount Airy Casino & Resort. It is a pleasure to hear that the services provided to you were to your satisfaction. Our staff works diligently to make sure your event needs are our top priority. We strive to provide the highest level of service and are extremely pleased to hear that your event was a success. We hope you will reach out to us again in the future to book you next outing. Thank you again for posting you feedback.
Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Smaller than others”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

My wife was disappointed there was no shops. It's smaller than other PA casinos. Good variety of penny slots, if that's what you're into.

1 Thank Ex P
Violet C, Customer Service at Mount Airy Casino, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Ex P, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience for your most recent trip to Mount Airy Casino & Resort. We will take your observations into consideration for future development. We look forward to welcoming you as our guest again soon. Thank you again for posting your review.
Hawley, Pennsylvania, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“No shuttle service was available and no handicapped parking when I was there. I have been there a few times and I am continually”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

A busy Saturday night and there are no bus shuttles!?!?!? At least Mohegan Sun has them continually. Unfortunately the show was at Mt Airy instead.
I leave other casinos with more money than I brought--on occasions. This has never happened at Mt. Airy.

Visited July 2013
Kat K, thank you for taking the time to share you review of Mount Airy Casino & Resort. Thank you for making us aware of your observations. Your comments regarding the lack of handicap parking has been communicated with the appropriate department for review. We will certainly take your feedback into consideration for future development of our patron services. Your patronage is appreciated and we hope to welcome you as our guest again where we anticipate you will notice an improvement in our services.