“So much fun!”

17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“So much fun!”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We truly enjoyed the setup of the casino and variety of games and slots that were available. Drinks were great and we definitely enjoyed ourselves just as much if not more than we do at our local casino in Toledo.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Jessica T
Violet C, Guest Services at Mount Airy Casino, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
We are delighted to hear that your visit to Mount Airy Casino & Resort was a pleasurable trip. It is nice to read when guest honestly enjoy their visit and are willing to share their experience. We hope you are able plan another getaway from Toledo soon. We look forward to your return. Thank you for choosing Mount Airy Casino & Resort.

Morris County, NJ
453 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2,339 helpful votes
“Much better than Atlantic City's casinos”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

What is there not to like about this. We had a nice leisurely ride out I-80 to this beautiful clean casino. One thing that I noticed about all Pennsylvania casinos is the friendliness of the employees. There is no comparison to Atlantic City.

We did not win any money on this trip, but it was great place to visit.

Visited January 2013
3 Thank bwco
Violet C, Guest Services at Mount Airy Casino, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for providing your review from your most recent trip to Mount Airy Casino & Resort. We are excited to see you are returning customer and hope you were provided with the outstanding service you are accustomed to while visiting Mount Airy. We strive to provide the highest level of customer services for each and every guest upon each and every visit. We thank you for you loyal patronage and we hope to welcome you back in next to no time.
Hope, New Jersey
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great night of fun”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

parking is great, and lots of tables and machines. But they do let you smoke, I like smoke free Casinos

Visited August 2012
1 Thank donnabelle57
Thank you for posting your review from your visit trip. We are happy to see you enjoyed your visit. Your comments regarding the smoke on the Casino will be brought to the proper departments attention for improvement considerations. We appreciate you sharing your experience, thank you for choosing Mount Airy Casino & Resort.
Woodbridge, New Jersey, United States
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Does not Compare to Sands Bethlehem”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was my first visit to Mount Airy Casino after purchasing a Groupon to visit the resort. This was also my third casino visited in PA. I will be comparing this casino with my knowledge from visiting Parx, Sands Bethlehem, and numerous AC casinos.

When first walking in, I took immediate noticed to the size and layout of the casino floor. I have to say, compared to others, this casino was slightly above average on space between and around rows of slots. However, I believe this forfeits the amount of slots and tables available on the floor. This casino floor was definitely the smallest out of all casinos I have visited so far. Maybe not much smaller, but the layout definitely does not do much justice for the casino. Not only this, it was not hard to realize that there was only one cashier area and it was not centrally located (although it was decently close to the table games).

The next thing I took notice to were table games. I am more of a craps player than blackjack, poker, etc., so I cannot speak so much on the behalf of those players. However, I can overall say that there were not many tables in general. For craps players, there were only 3 total tables. Specifically on this Sunday I visited, 1 table was a $10 minimum and another table was a $15 minimum. As the casino died down for the day, both tables were $10 minimum. Despite how packed the tables were at times, never once was the third table opened.

Thus, I was forced to play slots for the day. I can say that I was impressed with the slot games compared to other casinos. Sands Bethlehem definitely has the best slot games in my book, but this casino does compete in the above-average category. There were many choices of different progressive games, especially those that are newer and familiar to most. However, there was usually only 2 of each of the popular progressives. As for the other slots, there were not many old fashioned slots at all. Most, if not all, were very modern and electronic, unlike others that are old fashioned and converted.

Smoking seemed to be allowed throughout the casino floor, although maps and posting on slots machines said otherwise. To me, everyone was smoking freely throughout the casino. There were no clearly designated smoking areas like there are in Sands Bethlehem.

As for the player club, the initial member slot play was nice. $10 is automatically loaded onto the card, with an additional $15 bonus just for downloading their mobile phone app and showing them that you have it on your phone. I am unsure of the long-term benefits as this was my first time at the casino. As for the player club features at the individual slot machines, they were modern, fast, and user-friendly. Although it would be great if they added drink service onto these screens like in Atlantic City. I was unimpressed with the drink service. Very slow, despite the fact that there are many of the drink girls walking around. They take individual orders and do not carrying pre-made drinks, beers, waters, or coffee around.

There are a few restaurants available on the casino floor. There is a Steakhouse and Italian fare, both of which are considered "fine dining" and require a reservation. There is also a diner with alcoholic drinks available (including specials). And of course there is the buffet.

Lastly, there were some things that I really did enjoy. There was free self-parking available. There was also a free shuttle driving around the parking lot at all times to bring you to the casino. Valet was available, but if it gets busy, they only make it available to those who have a reservation at the hotel. For those who do have a reservation, valet is free!

Please see my review for the hotel room at "Mount Airy Casino Resort." The Casino as a resort does get bonus points for having amazing hotel facilities as well as a golf course immediately adjacent to the facility (within walking distance). Although, just reviewing the casino here, not many good things can be said as a whole, other than this just being an average casino.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank FFMike462
Thank you for your thorough review of our Casino. We appreciate you sharing your impressions and experience from you most recent visit. Thank you for reviewing our Resort on the Hotel side of TripAdvisor. It is feedback such as yours that allows us to make the proper adjustments to meet all of our guest needs and wants. Your comments and suggestions will be communicated with the proper departments for review and considerations. We value our guest opinions as they award us the chance to improvement or services. Thank you for choosing Mount Airy Casino & Resort, we hope to welcome you back as our guest again in the near future.
Ohio City, Ohio
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Nice hotel for adults”
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here 3 nights. We had a no smoking room and did not smell any traces of smoke. The room was clean and spacious. We had a 4 cup coffee maker in our room. USA today newspapers are available outside the elevators each morning, but get one early. Later they are gone. Be sure to sign up for the players club for free gambling credits and download the Mt Airy app for additional credits.
I wouldn't recommend this hotel for children. They are building a pool, however, but most current activity is around the casino and not for children. Even the restaurants are around the casino.
We had some very helpful and friendly staff but a few not so much. At the players club desk my husband had a nice, helpful, friendly lady. The girl I had could barely answer my basic questions and I didn't even know when she was done signing me up. I had to ask if I was done. She never looked up at me even when I had questions. Fortunately my husband got helpful info he shared with me.
Front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Valet workers were pushy and not helpful when we asked about self parking which we preferred. Not a good first impression. Housekeeping staff were friendly and efficient. Restaurants and buffet were delicious. Wednesday was "senior" day at the buffet with good senior discount. Bring snacks and something for breakfast. There's not a lot right near the casino for breakfast and snacking. Other than the casino there is not much for entertainment weekdays here or nearby. We took nice day trips by car to surrounding areas to sightsee. Lake wallenpaupack is really pretty to the north and Jim Thorpe is a cute city to the south.
Overall it was a pleasant stay. We enjoyed our room, but since we aren't big gamblers we didn't spend much time here.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank W42
Violet C, Guest Services at Mount Airy Casino, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to Mt. Airy Casino & Resort. It is great to hear that your enjoyed your visit overall. We are happy to see you were able to take advantage of our convenient location to surrounding attractions. As we aim to provide the finest customer service experience, we will share your comments with the appropriate departments for review. We invite you to return to enjoy our much anticipated amenity. We expect our indoor/outdoor pool to be a wonderful addition to the Mt. Airy Casino & Resort. Thank you for sharing your experience.