“Come for the name...”
Review of Mi Casa Restaurant

Mi Casa Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 43 Restaurants in Mount Pocono
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Description: Family owned and operated, Mi Casa Restaurant has been serving the best Latin Cuisine in the Poconos since 2007. Here you can find well-known South American plates like Pernil, Bandeja, Bisteck Encebollado, and much more. We also serve authentic Mexican plates like Enchililadas, Fajitas, and more. We welcome you to try a taste of South and Central American Cuisine without ever leaving the country. Mi Casa Restaurant offers a full bar as well as a game room to enjoy either before or after your meal. Our menu is also available for take-out, you can come in or call ahead of time so it will be ready when you arrive. A catering menu is available for your party or event needs.
The Poconos
“Come for the name...”
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Stay for the carnitas tacos empanadas quesedillas fried pork chops roasted pork (fork tender) yellow rice (wonderul) guacamole (omg) chip service cream spiced shrimp (wow) beef fajitas various cantina tacos baked beans and if you like 'em, authentic plantains sweet etc. I have literally greeted an area restaurant owner on his way out the door with his wife. Great tequila selection. Great beer selection. Well done drinks. Attentive staff (usually owners). Never had a negative experience here. Mi casa es su casa. Sorry if I screwed that up, there. Yo.

1 Thank Jenn G

Bronxville, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simply Amazing!”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I from the Bronx so my husband and our 2 kids went down near Mt. Pocono to head to Great Wolf Lodge. On our way back we decided to eat at a restaurant and since Mi Casa was close by we stopped there. The
atmosphere was really nice. It looks like as if you were in Spain and the music was at perfect volume. We sat at the last booth available since the rest were full. The food was very fresh and absolutely deliscous. We ordered seafood rice , quesidilla and tacos. The service was great, and for dessert we all shared Churros with ice-cream which full filled our appetite. This restaurant is so great and I am shock that the review below gave it one star defientely not even close. Five Star all the way for a tasteful family restaurant.

1 Thank Marissa S
Blackwood, NJ
“A surprising treat!!”
Reviewed February 5, 2011

Ok, so ... Doesn't look like much. It's attached to a shady looking motel, which was almost enough to deter our group. But we decided to give it a shot. The food was very good! Nachos grande were great. Tamale was good, a little dry, but tasty. Two people had burritos that were absolutely delicious and large! One is really big enough for two people. Chicken quesadillas are also very large and really good. Chicken tacos weren't exactly the highlight of our meal. The tortillas were covered in a LOT of butter. It really took away from the meal. Overall, very good food. Would go again but wouldn't get tacos.

1 Thank TunaTurner
Saint Petersburg
“Mi Casa mas dolares (expensive)”
Reviewed December 31, 2009

It can be expensive, we spent almost $70 bucks 2 adults, 2 kids... it is NOT a fancy restaurant, it is a nice place, food is fresh not fancy. But come on, there is nothing worth that for empanadas, a main dish, another main dish, 2 kids combo and 2 deserts and two beers for me, and a sweet drink for my wife. Here in Tampa, that Mexican place Miguels in Tampa would be like oh $50. But, this place isn't in Tampa, it is in a hole in the wall in Mt Pocono. It is clean, there is a game room, it is safe, respectable, and I would go again but read below...

If you go, the empanadas are EXCELLENT, get those, the tacos are excellent, get those, if you do, you won't spend a fortune, and I bet your bill won't be like ours. I'm not bill conscious so I deserved it. I didn't go outside and complain about it, in fact it didn't come up until this review.

I wish I could recommend it because they were very , very nice... and service was excellent... food was good, food was FRESH, very, very, very, very fresh by any standard, fresh. I want to make sure you understand, it could have been what we ordered, we didn't order Tacos, we're from Tampa Bay

2 Thank BOBBY1964_1
Jillimina
“Excellent place to dine!”
Reviewed June 6, 2009

We LOVE Mi Casa and recommend this restaurant! Very nice owners and VERY tasty food. We tried just about everything on their menu and have 0 complaints. If your in Mount Pocono area and are looking for something differen't than your every day burger and pizza, try Mi Casa! They have the most delicious little taco's and are 3 for $5, and on tuesdays they are only $1 each! They have full dinners also that come with the rice and beans. They also have several desserts and a small bar if you like beer/mixed drinks....CHECK THEM OUT IF IN TOWN!

1 Thank Jillimina