“Kind of creepy”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
new york city
“Kind of creepy”
Reviewed September 3, 2007

This is a rundown looking former Holiday Inn Express that need a lot of dollars invested to make it up to Holiday Inn Express standards. That is to say – it’s pretty bad. I stayed with my wife and two kids for two nights on a trip to Camelbeach. The location is great – close to just about everything. From the outside it looks like a flea-bag but the inside is not as bad. Our room was clean and had a king bed and a bunk bed in an alcove for the kids. The bunk bed had a big crack in the wood and needed to be replaced. There are cameras in the hallways but the outside rear door didn’t lock. Overall the place gave me a creepy feeling of being unsafe. I imagine there’s a good bit of crime going on there. Leaving my car in the back parking lot also gave me a bad feeling. Next time we go out there we’ll try someplace else

• Stayed August 2007
4 Thank redfarb

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Ewing NJ
Reviewed August 14, 2007

First , this hotel is no longer a Holiday Inn Express, it is now know as the Inn at Mt Pocono. They have covered over the signs, but the HI Express welcome mat remains. When we arrived it was hard to see the tarps covering over the signs through the overgrown weeds out front.

Our room had not been cleaned, the shower curtain was moldy and falling down, the wall paper is peeling everwhere, we would not dare to use the pool, or eat from the free breakfast. The exterior door to the hallway would not lock. There was a sign posted on rm 101 about the police watching with cameras, who know what happened!!

This hotel is in a questionable area and shares a parking lot with another scary looking perhaps hourly motel.

I not know why this place is no longer part of the Holiday Inn family.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank Bryan A

Travelers are raving about these Mount Pocono hotels

NY
Reviewed May 8, 2007

So I had to go to the poconos and i decided to use this website to see where to stay, and to be honest the reviews this hotel got were pretty bad, and wouldn't you know it, that was the ONLY hotel that was available for my dates! BLOODY HELL! I was thinking that i might have to bring my own sleeping bag! Boy was I SUPRISED... while this is definilty not a 5* hotel, its not that bad either guys... I was a little shell shocked initially, but i was checked in by a courteous front desk lady, who was kind enough to tell me nearby places to eat, and when i got to my room, it was clean! but not just clean, i mean it was smelling clean, and the room was bright, and seemed in great condition. I travel a lot, and its important to me that the room be clean, bright, and inviting, this hotel room was! So curious, i asked the front desk person the next morning about the hotel, and they told me that there was new management there, and they were "cleaning house" as it were... Like i said its not a 5* luxury place yet, but I think that they are trying to turn the place around...for the better! The next day i met the manager at breakfast (nice touch) and he was selling the property hard core, i mean very pleasant fellow, and very knowledgable and helpful, but he was discussing how they were planning on renovating and changing the whole look of the property! Oh and it has 70 something rooms...
So my final judgement, try it out, its a good room, at a decent price, and they are turning it around, so you maybe able to catch a good deal!

-Archametis

• Stayed April 2007
1 Thank Archametis
maryland
Reviewed September 15, 2006

Stayed 2 nights over labor day weekend. They didn't clean our room after the 1st night stay- the housekeeping crew left us 2 clean towels and no wash cloths. The continental breakfast was average. Hotel Desk clerk was below average. I have had a better room and service at motels at half the price.

• Liked — better than spending a night in my car
  • Disliked — no one cleaned our room
  • Tips/Secrets — seriously consider going some where else
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
4 Thank DLtravelers
NJ
Reviewed September 10, 2006

This hotel was good for a budget. We stayed in one of the rooms with the heart-shaped jacuzzi and there were 2 rooms, 1 with the bed and 1 with a couch, kitchen table, writing desk, and microwave/fridge. Our toilet was clogged when we arrived but within 5 minutes someone came up to fix it and wash the bathroom floor again just to make sure everything was clean. The staff was courteous and the breakfast bar was very nice.

• Stayed September 2006
4 Thank riverzma
Brooklyn
Reviewed July 22, 2006

The hotel was pretty decent. The only thing is that we got the suit ewith heartshaped jacuzzi but it had no shower... No separate shower!!! It was so hard to frekin baith! I had to have my boyfriend hold the shower while I was washing my hair and vice versa. The sofas were a little worn out in the common room but pretty tolerable. One last thing... the jacuzzi was really dirty.. thank God I took some tide to do the laundry. I had to clean the tub out wuth some tide to make it feel sanitary! You definitely need a car to get around the area to see the sights... and everything closes at nine.. overall it was a pretty decent experience.. =)

• Liked — the pool
  • Disliked — the jacuzzi was dirty!
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
3 Thank s_arb
Long Island, New York
Reviewed July 15, 2006

We just returned from an overnight stay at the Holiday Inn Express Mt Pocono location. Our experience was so horrific that we have sworn off EVER staying at another Holiday Inn Express as long as we live!!

The location is absolutely filthy. The common areas as well as our room had not been properly vacuumed in YEARS! Our room was COVERED in crumbs. Our sheets had stains on them and our bathroom was not properly cleaned. The bedspreads are worn as are the chairs in the room. The boxsprings and mattresses are yellow with age. The shower handle was coming off the wall and the faucet made a horrilbe screeching noise when the shower was turned on.

When we called down to the front desk to complain, we were told that they had to check to see if anyone from housekeeping was still there - no apologies - nothing. When my husband asked what if there wasn't anyone there, the response was someone will clean the room. While a nice young fellow (not part of housekeeping) finally came to our room, he could only do a cursory job of cleaning because the filth was so great in our room it would have taken him 6 hours to scrub the grim off and get to all the crumbs. BTW, we were refused another room because the hotel was booked. Not everyone had checked in yet but WE were made to wait as our room was re-cleaned.

The next morning we went down for breakfast and noticed the hallways and common areas were just covered in dirt and crumbs. Those areas should have been vacuumed first thing in the morning. In the dining area, there was a 3' x 1' area in which crumbs had been swept up and then left there - I suppose to eventually be vacuumed up but the employee working breakfast just kept on walking right over it.

The breakfast was sparse and void of any fruit. Three little hard boiled eggs sat on a plate. At one point the employee brought out a tray of donuts and everyone attacked it because there was little else that was edible.

We travel by car frequently and when arranging for short overnight trips we always select either a Holidy Inn Express or Fairfield Inn because we know we will get a reasonably priced stay in a clean and maintained property. That has changed. We will not assume the Holiday Inn will be acceptable and will instead look to Fairfield Inns!

BTW, we booked our room at a rate of $119 but at check-in we were charged a rate of $89. We heard others talking at breakfast who were complaining they had booked a room at a rate of $109 but were charged $119. Another women was quoted $99 but was charged $119. If you dare to stay here, make sure you get your quote in writing!!

Do yourself a favor. If you have to stay in the area, look to Stroudsberg or East Stroudsberg as it really isn't that far away.

5 Thank Suebie
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Pocono Palace Resort
Pocono Palace Resort
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek

Been to Hotel M, Mount Pocono? Share your experiences!