“5 rooms in 1 night. Didn't think it was possible.”

Hotel M, Mount Pocono
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We decided to go to the poconos last minute, so we did not book a room until the night of. This hotel wasn't too far from where we were at so we decided to check it out. We weren't looking for a high class resort hotel but we did not expect this. We walked in and the lady at the front desk was very helpful and nice. We were five young adults just looking for a place to crash. We started walking to our booked room and as we approached the door it had the latch in it to hold it open. So we slowly opened the door and the room looked liked it had not been clean. We made our way back to the front desk and let the lady know what happened. She than tried to get us in another room but this one was a smoking room. We made our way to the next room and opened the door. Same results, bed not done and dirty towels in the bathroom. I'm thinking this really can not be happening. So, we made our way back to the front desk and let her know the situation. Than she told us that she has a room with two full beds but someone would have to sleep on the floor because of no roll outs were available. So we decided to go with that. So as we made our way to our third room, thinking we were going to be able to eat and go to bed, slide the key in the door and you wouldn't believe it. Same results, bed undone, smelly, and towels on the bathroom floor. Highly upset but too tired to go anywhere else, we decided to give it another try. She "upgrades" us to a king suite, so we took it and made our way to the room. Opened the door and this room was clean but one major problem, the bathroom was open view to the rest of the room where the king bed was at. So if anyone had to wake up in the middle of the night to use the restroom someone was going to see their personal business. This doesn't work when your traveling with males and females. Back to the front desk. So she calls her boss and after some back and forth he gave us a double for $69 a night. Finally a clean room. Hotel has great bones. Needs a lot of updating and new management or owner and I think this could be a great choice hotel. But this will be a very desperate last resort hotel stay if I was in the area again.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a clean one.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Vicente A
There are newer reviews for Hotel M, Mount Pocono

1/19/13 – Quality Inn and Suites review – BED BUGS
Woke up early this morning while it was still dark out and discovered bed bugs on my pillow and sheets. They were also crawling all over the beds and pillows of my friend on the second bed. I am so disgusted and I have the pictures you see here to prove it.

Once we discovered the bugs, we quickly put our bed clothes into plastic bags, called the front desk and ask them to send someone up - nobody came. We went downstairs after waiting approximately 20 minutes and told the person at the front desk. She said that she had to wait to talk to her manager for anything to be done.

So then I showed her the pictures and she was completely disgusted. She said she would tell her manager and that our money would be refunded and this has never happened before. She felt very badly.

Well so did we! Do we want our money back? Yes. We also want to stop feeling as if our skin is crawling. We also want to be reimbursed for the Laundromat expenses, the laundry detergent and the Raid bed bug spray as well as the half day we missed of skiing because we had to go to the local Rite Aid pharmacist and ask what we should to do and then purchase said laundry detergent and bug spray and find a laundry mat.

So after many hours of hoping we did not transport them home, I still and am anxiously awaiting to be contacted by management at the Quality Inn and Suites in Mt. Pocono.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank hjward325
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We just returned from a 2 night stay for MLK weekend 2013. As we entered the building from back door #2 the smell of Marajuana came over us, also the smell of smoke as this hotel still has smoking rooms. We get to our room and the the refrigarator was broken, light was broken, the towel rack was broken and the vent in the bathroom was so caked with lint and other stuff. Next we venture to the 98 degree pool and hot tub. Hot tub was broken and pool was luke warm. the scum that surrounded the tile around the pool was so thick you couldn't read the the no diving or the depth signs. We never saw a person come in to clean or put chemicals in the pool. So Sunday we get up and go out and enjoy the area. We come back to a dirty room. Maid just threw the bed together, never cleaned the coffee pot, sink or toilet. left no toilet paper or towels. We call to the front desk and they tell us to come to the front desk to get toilet paper and towels. It was only by chance a cleaning person walked by and heard us complain and had someone come in and clean. He appologzed and said they are under staffed. NOT MY Problem. I just hope
I didn't catch anything from the pool that can't be cured with antibiotics.
Oh and the free breakfast soggy bacon, old english muffins and waffles..... keep it and use the money to clean the pool. This had to be the dirtiest,smelliest Quality Inn.. Won't be referring but wll be re-directing away from this "Bates Motel".. Oh and where were the suites??? Do your self a favor and stay away.

Room Tip: Tip: Choose a room at another hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank JTBRA1
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The hotels location is pretty sweet, right in MT Pocono 10 mins from skiing, shopping and good places to eat. The staff that check us in was very nice, pointed out some things to do, helpful and polite. That is where the good things ended. The room it's self was filty,rotten, sticky and had who know what kinda body fluids scattered about. If I had a black night that stuff would have been visible from the moon. The problem is the cleaning staff that speaks no English. How can they clean my room and get me new sheet if they can't even understand what I'm saying. I politely asked for new sheets and the floor to be cleaned and they asked 4 Times what room I told them and they still said wrong room number as they shook their head In a no manner while saying yes. I'm sorry but you can't have a clean room if the people who clean it are dirty them self. If this place was cleaned up it would sell out every single night! Hope they clean it up if they do I will try to stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Dewey N
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Dont let the pictures online fool you!!! We cut our trip short because the thought of sleeping there one more night was unbearable. The staff was either rude or Didnt speak English. The hallways smelled of old cigarette smoke. The room Didnt look or smell clean. Things in the room were in need of repair. The two room suite we stayed in had a heart shape tub in the bathroom which was open to the bedroom. There was only a shower curtain divider. There was no shower so you had no choice but to take a bath. There was no privacy if you were using the bathroom. The pool was filthy and there is no working whirlpool as pictured on the website. It is covered by plywood. Choice hotels should be embarrassed to hang their Quality Inn sign at this location. I'm not sure I would stay at any of their locations after this!!

• Stayed: January 2013
6  Thank Karlakarlakarla
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Room was gross - windows leaked into the heat/ac unit - carpet soaked from window leak - the staff is rude - toilet was not sealed at base and leaked at the floor - broken remote - front desk said too busy to replace it or fix it - left with bites on legs - thinking they have bed bugs ! Don't waste your money - stay somewhere else !

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Michelle B
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I arrived without having booked a room. I didn’t realise that the hotel would be such a popular place to stay on a Saturday night! Fannie, at reception, was bright & bubbly, probably the best thing about this hotel was the welcome I received!

I was given room 205 and was directed to park my vehicle around the side of the building and use the elevator there. First impressions as I entered here were ‘Yuck’! There were cigarette butts at the door and the entrance way looked like it had NEVER EVER been cleaned! It was absolutely filthy! I soldiered on regardless!

As I exited the lift I was blown over by the smell in the hallway! Even though there is a sign that said it was a smoke free environment you could definitely smell stale cigarettes! It was horrible!

Now to brave Room 205! I’ve never had such a cold, eerie feeling like this before. It felt so creepy, really bad vibes! The room was big, but there was something really odd about it. The walls were paper-thin and I could hear people in Room 203. The two-seater lounge chair was broken. If you sat on it, you’d collapse into the back on the lounge! The king bed was pushed so close to the wall that there was no room for a bedside table or lamp. So, if you are a reader, you’ll have an early night. No overhead lights in the room. There was a flat screen television, microwave, fridge and a fake fireplace…weird! There was a spa in the bathroom & towels were surprisingly good…thank heavens!

I didn’t really feel safe here. Cancelled the idea about going to the bar next door for dinner/supper but didn’t like the thought of leaving valuables in the room, so ordered in. Can highly recommend the Veggie, thin crust pizza from Pizza Hut.

Breakfast was a pleasant surprise! Breakfast lady was also very friendly.

I like to choose a Choice Hotel where possible but this one didn’t live up to expectations. It needs to be gutted quick smart and to start over! Choice hotels - you might want to look into this franchise owner. I am a choice privileges member and would not recommend this to others. Not good value for the price! Very expensive for the quality. ‘Quality’ Inn? I don’t think so!!!

I feel sorry for the staff who have to try & do their best each day!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
#2 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Mount Airy Casino Resort
Mount Airy Casino Resort
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Hotel M, Mount Pocono? Share your experiences!