“Disgusting facility with even worse security and service”

Hotel M, Mount Pocono
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Reviewed October 16, 2011

A group of us stayed here after the Ragnar Relay Race, and if we hadn't been so tired and all in the same vehicles, I would have left in a heartbeat. Mildewy shower with peeling wallpaper, room reaked of smoke even though non-smoking room, and stained comforter. When I left my key in my room, I went to desk to get a new key. I pulled out my drivers license so the desk clerk could verify who I was, but all she was concerned with was counting her pennies and nickels. She asked me my room number and I told her what it was, and without looking at my ID, she cut me a new key! I talked to the manager in the morning about all if this, and she worked with me and was very apologetic.

• Stayed: October 2011
4  Thank Mdskippy

Reviewed October 13, 2011

My husband and I decided to take a night off for my birthday. We thought instead of spending over $300 on a room at the casino we would save some money and stay at a cheaper hotel. By cheaper we didn't realize that would mean complete dump. When we arrived we had to take the front desk worker away from the tv in the lounge (her shows must have been on).

After getting into our room and settled we tried to fill up the jacuzzi tub to find the stopper would not stay in the drain. Plus the cracked tile around the tub with straight mildew on top of the grout. We called the front desk and asked If there were any other rooms because our tub was broke her response was "nope" and she hung up. I went to the front desk and asked for a new room and she said oh yeah I can give you this one. When we got into that room all of the furniture was filthy disgusting! A non smoking room had ashtrays on the tables and in the cabinets. The tv's are out dated also. In the morning we went to the continental breakfast where I found 3 pieces of bacon, a pack or two of cream cheese a few butters and it was just dirty and in filled not kept up with no attendant. Then when we went to check out we had to pull the front desk girl (a different one). Away from the tv again! I will never stay or reccomend this hotel to anyone! Spend the extra money and stay away!!

• Stayed: September 2011
3  Thank Apgloss
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I didn't notice any bed bugs while I was staying. but when I got home, right before I went to bed I got bit but a bed bug, AND WHEN i WENT TO CHECK THERE WAS ONE CRAWLING ON MY BED. I'm so terrified I hope that's the only one I brought home with me =(

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank sara f
Reviewed October 1, 2011

We stayed at this hotel last night and were very disappointed with the room. First of all we tried to turn on the lamps that were in the room and two of them didn't have any bulbs in them. Second, we booked a smoking room which didn't include an ashtray so we contacted the front desk to get one and they said that they would have to find one. Third, we wanted to find a pizza place that delivers so we picked up the phone book, which had dried up vomit all over it. Fourth, we closed the bathroom door only to find dirt, hair and cobwebs behind it. Fifth, when taking a shower we discovered two dirty washcloths hanging over the shower curtain rod. I would not consider staying here if you are looking for a well kept room because obviously that is not the case here.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nathan S
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Stayed one night (sept 16) while going to the Joan Rivers Show (GREAT) an the Mt. Airy Lodge. Mt Airy wanted 300 a night just for a room. They have no pool??? For a third of that cost we got Quality Inn. Very nice room, indoor pool, breakfast. and only a 5 min drive. Very nice restaurant, Baileys Steakhouse next door. Very basic hotel. Room was Clean, friendly staff , Had better Breakfast but it was Free. Well worth the price.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DavyGGG
Reviewed August 27, 2011

when we entered the room, there was trash left in the room from other clients, the door to our room would not lock , told manger who said they would try to fix it. didn't show up to fix it. was suppose to have fruit for breaksfast, had old dried up oranges that is it. My mom's room had a hornets nest in the vent, had to move her to another room and they down graded her room.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank linbry2
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I would recommend not staying on the ground floor. We had ants crawling up our wall (I assume trying to get to the food we brought and had on the table). Our pillows didn't have pillowcases and the pillows were disgusting. I couldn't sleep on them after they put the pillowcases on because I saw how gross the pillows were.

The front desk staff were exceptional! Very friendly and helpful.

If my room were cleaner than I would rate this hotel higher. I would say it's comparable to a 2-star hotel. It was very quiet and the continental breakfast was nice.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Days Inn Tannersville
Days Inn Tannersville
#3 of 4 in Tannersville
Hampton Inn & Suites Stroudsburg Bartonsville

Been to Hotel M, Mount Pocono? Share your experiences!