Greendance The Winery at Sandhill
More attraction details
Owner description: At Greendance-The Winery at Sand Hill, when we uncork a Greendance wine, we find within the bottle the sun, the earth, the flowers, and the fruit. Here we offer the complete wine experience including tastings, personalized histories of each wine, food pairings, entertainment, holiday celebrations, unique wine merchandise, and gourmet snacks—an extraordinary experience any time of year. Consumers can choose from nearly 50 wines including homegrown berry wines, sweet and dry red and white grape wines, sparkling wines, dessert wines, ports, and blush/rose wines. As the sister company of Sand Hill Berries, Greendance crafts its wine from what it grows. Throughout the summer season you will find private seating areas between the tall Nectar Garden grasses and flowers where guest can enjoying a sip of exceptional craftsmanship. On weekends and during special events throughout the summer there is live music on the garden stage, a variety of gourmet snack and sandwich options, several luncheon dates available courtesy of our culinary friends, desserts from the outdoor Cabin Cafe, and of course the flock of eager guineas moseying about. Sand Hill’s outdoor dessert cafe is open May through October (weather permitting) where you can get pie and cheesecake by the slice, along with sandwich and salad selections available inside the winery. Our food items are all made fresh so please call for availability—during busy days we may sell out of certain food items. A complement to the region’s exquisite natural landscape, Greendance is a welcome respite—a place of ultimate relaxation and enjoyment.
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Great location, extensive wine list, great tasting room and lots of wine accessories and snacks to purchase. The only downside was the personality of the staff that day. Worth a return trip.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We found this winery a few years ago and we always made it a point to stop here and taste and purchase (cough cough) a case or two of wines. We just came back from visit and were disappointed. The staff ignored us when we waited in the tasting room until another couple came in. And we were disappointed with the wines. It seems they have expanded selection and with it the quality of the other wines suffered. We only left with 2 bottles and a feeling of unwelcome. We wandered over to the small shop and the pie selection was lacking (but with a festival coming this weekend, that may be why).
My husband and I go wine touring and tasting a lot, and this place just really fell flat this year. Which is a disappointment. It is hard to find half decent PA wines, and we always counted on Greendance to be a decent place...but not anymore.

2  Thank mrsg2007
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The wine is delicious. The last time I visited I left with three bottles. The prices are standard to other local wineries. The employees are all very nice.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

My friends and I went to Greendance Winery at Sandhill to catch up on old times. There was a great group called Abacus Jones playing on stage. We got to do wine tasting and was able to purchase some wine. You can buy food there or bring your own. It was a wonderful fall setting among the apple orchard and beautiful flowers.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

My family and I have been visiting Greendance Winery since it opened 5 years ago. Prior to this last visit, I would have rated this establishment 4 out of 5, however it appears as though their success as changed the way employees treat guests/customers. This past weekend was beautiful so we figured it would be a nice time to sit outside and enjoy the entertainment at Greendance. Things started off great with wine sampling but was cut short once we hit our 3rd sample of wine. We were informed by one of the wine tasting servers "that we have had enough", insinuating that we were drunk (after 3 samples - less than 1 oz ). The wine servers informed us that they were only permitted to give 3 samples. Well, I can tell you this, in the past 5 years I have had more than 3 samples. Additionally in the past, the wine servers were fun, friendly and welcoming. We did not find this to be the case on Saturday, October 13, 2012. At any rate, we still purchased close to $250 in wine, cheese, pepperoni and crackers. We were hoping that the atmosphere would be better outside but we found that not to be true. That's where we met the food police. As we sat at the table, drinking their wine, eating their cheese, crackers and pepperoni we were told that we were not permitted to eat 1 thinly filled tortilia roll that we had brought. We were informed that they had food for us to buy if we were hungry. I explained that we purchased their food and all we brought was one shell. They had sandwiches for sale but I don't like eating premade sandwiches that may have been sitting around for some time. The food police were acting as if we had catered food delivered. The food police hung around our table to ensure we would not eat our 1 shell and continued to hang over the other guests as if we were children. In addition to the food police keeping an eye on what we were putting in our mouth, she was also not happy about us drinking wine out of something other than their cheap plastic glasses. So unfortunately, I'm going to have to leave what previously was my favorite winery and go back to my 2nd favorite Stone Villa. If anyone else experiences this, I encourage you to write. Do they have food for diabetics? What about people who have food allergies. It's not like they have a kitchen or menu that you can order from.

1  Thank Zuch