Hillside Farm Bed and Breakfast
$129
The Red Rose Motel(Elizabethtown)
$74
$76
SleepInn
$132
$84
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I and his sister and her husband stayed in the Davis room for 2 nights Sept 14 &15, 2013, so the value was great. The only drawback might be that the couple who stays in the twin beds has to come through the main bedroom to go to the bathroom, but it was fine for us. If we had been sharing a room in a hotel, we would have been hearing each others every movement. as well as paying much more. We stayed in 5 B&B's this trip and Hillside Farm's was the only breakfast served family style. All other B&B's served plated food to us so we could not pick and choose like we could here. It was one of the best, freshest, and most plentiful we had, including homemade baked goods. Some foods included were ricotta pancakes, fried potatoes, an outstanding apple dish and an even better pear dish, fresh fruit, bacon, stuffed french toast, and lots more that I have forgotten but were delicious. Keurig single cup coffee machine available all hours. The house is decorated with many beautiful farmhouse antiques, candles in the windows, quilts, and homey atmosphere. I personally do not like dogs, but their 3 were not offensive. There were also cats and horses on the property. Owners, Ann and Gary, were kind enough to let us have a very late check in and a late breakfast the second morning (we misunderstood the walking route and made a 4.8 mile circle! Luckily we are avid walkers - we just felt guilty for holding up breakfast). They shared so much history of the area and house, and information about their Amish neighbors and their lives. We wish that we could have spent more time with them, but we filled our first day with sightseeing and had to leave after breakfast the next morning. This is a very old farmhouse with a lot of character, so expect charm rather than decadence. There is a barn on the property so there is some farm smell outside the house. However, it is a very peaceful setting, clean home, excellent food. The owners are down-to-earth, real life, good people, who are gracious enough to open their home to others.

Room Tip: We saw the loft room too and it would be nice for a couple or party of 3.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank theresaod
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hillside B&B over Easter of 2012. We like to travel and spent 3 days at this B&B. Since we were traveling after work on a Thursday, we didn't get to the B&B until around 7:30 or so. We had phoned ahead and let Ann know. We were greeted with a friendly hello as we checked in. Coffee and cookies are always available. Being private people, we retired to our room. Our room was great. We did not have a tv in our room, but we didn't care, we brought our laptop and watched movies. Ann was kind enough to lend us some DVD's she had rented and they turned out to be a big hit with us. Breakfast was big! If you leave hungry, it's your own fault! Ann made terrific breakfasts and Gary would sit down with us and give us a nice history lesson on the area. There is very rich history and these folks know it.

Being that my husband and I have a septic system, we understand the issues that can arise, so I found no offense by the sign in the bathroom. We get it! I would stay here again. I don't like to be hovered on when I am on vacation, therefore, I am glad that they gave us peace. We left the B&B on Easter morning on 2012, leaving Ann with an Easter flower, after all, she was kind enough to rent to us on a holiday weekend. Great stay, quiet place, A+

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JL G
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This was our first stay here and our first BnB. Ann and Gary made it a very nice stay! Enjoyed the conversations with them!The place was decorated just beautiful! It is an almost 200 year old house which made it very interesting! And the dogs made me feel right at home! Im not sure what the review was about them having mange.. they did not at all and were very friendly! We stayed in the Davis room. It has a waterfall right next to it that I walked down too. It is maybe a mile or so from town, but still in the country. The food was great and they made sure you had plenty!! Me and my family will definatly be back!! Thanks ~The Doans

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kathy_d78_13
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We actually didn't end up staying at this B&B because we wanted to be closer to town, but I thought I'd write a review anyway because we found Ann to be incredibly helpful and noticed there are a few bad reviews on here which we feel are unjust. Her B&B is in a nice quiet little spot in the country and her dogs definitely DO NOT have mange. The young boxer is beautiful and her other two dogs are just old, not feral. Ann was more than happy to answer any of our questions and even recommend other B&B's in the area we wanted to stay, as well as recommend restaurants and other places to visit. From what we saw, I would recommend this B&B to anybody!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank jessa_2308
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My husband Jim and I have stayed at hillside farm bed and breakfast for many many years and Ann and Gary are the warmest giving people we know. We always are made to feel right at home. Always greated and love the warm friendly dogs that great us as well. This trip for us was a spur of the moment trip and I called Ann and said we were in the area and did she happen to have room for us tonight and her response was " Of Course" so within an hour we arrived and had a lovely room all ready. Air conditioned and a cool pitcher of water in the room waiting for us. We have stayed at many bed and breakfasts but by far this one stands out waaaaaaay above the rest. The food is always homemade and yummy for sure. Ann and Gary are very good at making you feel right at home and are more then willing to go above and beyond what most bed and breakfast places do. They are also very helpful in giving direction to all kinds of wonderful places in the area to see and enjoy while you are there. Jim and Doreen Treadwell will always have hillside farm bed and breakfast at the top of there list and if you all dont think about paying a visit you will certainly miss a great time. Thumbs up to Gary and Ann

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family