“bad food”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We went for the roman feast .i have never had such bad food.the salad was horrible it was cesar salad with fish.everyone complained.n dinner was bad to pork with bbq sauce n tomatoes ..horrible food.paid 45 a plate n i ate betterat burger king.there where children there and the ppl serving where overly sexual n didnt think bout those kids..they also go around trying to give back rubs n poor hot wax on you for money..they come n rub on you then say it will only cost u 20 bucks.ive nevet been so horrified by thesr ppls actions n food was the worste ever.i will not b going back.everr...

10  Thank dorothy o
There are newer reviews for Catacombs at Bube's Brewery

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Been there several times for Trivia Night...waitresses are good, Mike...the moderator for Trivia is fantastic...drinks, good...but the food? I truly believe that all they need to do is pay more attention to what they are doing in the kitchen. Multiple times, members of my group have had food served that was burnt. If I'm cooking at home and I burn something, it never gets onto the plate!! Also, my steak sandwich roll recently was so stale that it broke apart in my hand. Will I come back? Yes, for the trivia. But maybe I'll eat before I arrive?

2  Thank DMC309
Reviewed May 19, 2014

There doesn't seem to be a large number of restaurants in the area that have the same appeal as Bubes when it comes to surroundings, which is why I took my parents to The Catacombs for Mother's Day, as they've never been.

The atmosphere and history of eating in this 45-foot underground restaurant is probably the most unique & best part of eating at Bubes Brewery and should at least be experienced once if you're a local.

In short, we arrived about 35 minutes prior to our reservation time and were greeted by a gentleman who made it a point to remark on how early we actually were, informing us that it may be a bit before we were seated. This was fine, yet we were taken on the tour fairly promptly by the same gentleman who seemed a rather bit eccentric for a host.

We were seated in the main room, directly in front of the prep area when there was absolutely no one else dining in any of the rooms of The Catacombs which seemed a bit strange being that we were questioned on being early, as if there wasn't an available table.
Service was decent as usual and the food was good, however I'm not sure the price per plate is worth the experience as a whole.

Lastly, I feel like I have to mention that Bube's Brewery marks The Catacombs as "Fine Dining" on their website. This, however unfortunate, is not apparent by the christmas icicle lights hanging from the ceiling with the yet to be taken down christmas garland.

4  Thank knb0187
Reviewed May 16, 2014

We went to this place for lunch. Wanted to try someplace new even though it is about a 30 minute drive, we thought it sounded good from the looks of its website (one of the few times we did not check Trip Advisor, bad move).
Looked very cool on the outside and looked ok on the inside for a brewery but very dimly lit. Waitress said everything was good especially the burgers and the sandwiches. I ordered the black and blue burger and my wife ordered grilled cheese with a crab cake on it.
We were not there 2 minutes before we had several flies upon us. We had to keep swatting them away while we spoke. We tried a couple of their brews and they were ok. Very overpriced but beware when a brewery has more brews from other breweries than their own.
When the waitress was around we asked if something could be done about the flies, she just said they come in because of the door being open.
The food came and we were both severely disappointed! The burger was way raw on the inside and very small. You would expect better quality for a $10 burger plus the few steak fries that came with it was from the bottom of the bag crumbs basically. My wife's sandwich was ok but much more bread than anything else and she received a whopping five onion rings with her order.
I asked for my burger to be cooked to medium they way I asked. I had to find the waitress first. Apparently the cook just put everything in a microwave. And then we had to get our own napkins from the bar...did I mention the continuous attack from the flies?
After we finished the little snack the waitress asked if we would like dessert. I didn't know if she was speaking to us or the flies. Anyway we passed on that based on our meal.
Overall I recommend staying away from this place until they do an overhaul on the food, wait staff and the beer. This could be a real gem but it was one of the worst dining experiences. There are so many other places that have great food, ambiance and service in the area! Did I mention the flies? :0)

7  Thank Rick E
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I attended Bube’s Brewery’s Gypsy feast with three other people last evening. The restaurant’s atmosphere is great and the catacombs downstairs is a unique venue. Their website states: “ . . . we have developed a special dinner inspired by this distinctive atmosphere with live actors and musicians called the Feast. The concept began with our desire to take our storybook environment to another level.” Well the other level was much lower than anticipated. We were told to be there at 5:00. Seating did not begin until 5:30. As we were waiting, one of our gypsy hosts kept asking people if they came for the “rubbing”. The “rubbing” is actually an upper body massage while you are waiting and waiting for entertainment to begin. And, it costs $10-20. They really tried to push you into having this done. I was not amused. There was no true entertainment. The most patron participation was yelling whether you were from the north table or the south table. The musicians consisted of a flute and an accordion. They played nothing lively. No singing or dancing. The actual main meal was not served until 7:15. There was no filler in between the courses. One couple complained and wanted their money back, and were told no, and Bube’s apologized for them not having fun. He told them that for some, it is one of the best times people have had in their life. The lady next to me said, “people that think that do not go out much.” Food was just average. We had a pitcher of sangria. I don't know if there was actually any wine in there. Upon leaving one of the gypsy’s asked if I would come back, and I said no. He said I should come back as the other feasts are better than this one. Sad commentary. $45 a ticket down the drain. I would definitely not recommend this to anyone.

4  Thank DonnaB22