“Best wings I have ever had! Great food and service in the bar.”

Catacombs at Bube's Brewery
Ranked #6 of 47 Restaurants in Mount Joy
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 6, 2014

They have a wing special
on Wed and Sun nights, but we had just stopped by to grab some dinner on the way home. The wings had a lot of meat on them and were cooked so the outside was deliciously crispy. I had the garlic Parmesan and my husband had the pub steak which was also great. We had not eaten in the pub/ bar before but friends had said was good.

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

No doubt about it, the catacombs are a neat place to have dinner. There's not many other places you can go and have dinner 43' underground. I could have done without the tour on the way in, but it was kinda goofily interesting.

The service was on a level one would expect in a diner. Orders taken within a few minutes of being sat, everyone wearing different street clothes, and lacking what you would expect from the prices being paid.

The food is way overpriced for what you get, as being in the catacombs is a way to charge 30% more than you would expect. A 5 shrimp cocktail is $12. A small crab dip with 5 or 6 brioches is $11.

The simplest veggie pasta dish was $22. All of these prices would be expected at a "nice" restaurant, but this place isn't one.

Go for the catacombs, don't expect much from the food.

1  Thank zvezdan
Reviewed March 15, 2014

If your looking for great entertainment with a comedic touch definitely attend one of their feasts. You will definitely have a great time. You get a 5 course meal with entertainment throughout the meal. Or try one of the other themed feasts as well.

2  Thank ReginaD815
Reviewed March 2, 2014

My wife and I stopped here for Sunday Lunch. We went to the bottling works, which has a small brewpub atmosphere. We were told to seat ourselves. There was only one waitress on duty, but the service was still good. The food was delicious. My wife had the french onion soup and a grilled chicken salad, both of which she enjoyed. I had the cheese steak sandwich, which was one of the best I have had, and that is a great compliment considering how many I have eaten in my life. There was no sauce on it, which at first concerned me a bit, but it really did not need it. The cheeses they used were great amd the seasoning on the meat was perfect. I told part of it home and reheated it several days later and it was still great. One thing I noticed. Bube's is also listed under attractions, which is where most of the restaurant reviews are located.

2  Thank Tom B
Reviewed February 16, 2014

The owner was yelling at an older lady because she wanted a refund for burning her wings. (They were badly burned) He was standing over her screaming in her face. I'll never go there again. What happened to customer service ?? Wow

3  Thank TWOGSTRAVEL