“somewhat entertaining”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2013

somewhat entertaining, but jokes repeated and got old. Too much time between courses. They squeezed in chairs at the end of tables, so it was hard to see the entertainment at the opposite end of the room.

1  Thank PA-Kitty

Reviewed March 6, 2013

They should hire adults and not let people that act and look they aren't allowed to drink to run the place. Stand in lineto wait unless you know the kid seating you, a table may magicaly become available. Service is slow and the servers are not very accurate with the orders. Food is ok. I think they are letting the ambiance try to over look all the other failings.

1  Thank Jflux
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My husband and I went to one the Brewery’s Feast. SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!! DON’T WASTE IT HERE!!!

While we were there it appeared to us that Bube’s does not care about their customers AT ALL. We were told to arrive at 5 pm for 3 hours of entertainment. We arrived at 5 pm. Bube’s did not start checking people in until 5:30 pm. (hence, only 2.5 hrs of entertainment) It was a long wait with nowhere to sit. Most businesses that care about their customers have places for people to sit and someone there (or entertainment) to take care of customers who are waiting for a long time. NOT BUBE’S!

While we were waiting we saw some of the bar food. It looked really good. I did not try any bar food so I don’t know if it is good or not.

Throughout the entire night, not one employee told any of us ANYTHING about the Brewery or its history. It would have been nice to include a tour of the place during the ½ hour wait.

When the Feast started the actors were very loud to the point that at times it hurt my ears because they were yelling in a small cave. This made it hard for us to enjoy each other and our meals. Before we arrived we were told that some of the entertainment was geared toward adults. We were NOT told that this Feast consisted or low level not so funny vulgar humor and that the actors were going to fondle/touch the customers. We enjoy occasional off-color humor. However, there really was NO humor. The actors relied on vulgarity to make up for their inability to be funny. Only a very GUTTER-LEVEL OF NOT SO FUNNY VULGAR humor that, at most times, included touching the customers existed.

My husband was really embarrassed when a skinny not-so-pretty chick that he did not know (one of the entertainers) in a push up bra dangled her breasts close to his face and started touching him while he was sitting in the group and DIRECTLY across from me. His red face started to clear as she walked away to her next victim which was the man sitting beside my husband. Unfortunately for that man, this chick started to fondle the upper part of his body. Yuck! This guy turned stoned-faced. The man’s wife told me that he does not like strangers touching him and was not enjoying what she was doing AT ALL. She said that he was probably trying to decide how to get out of the situation. My husband told me he felt the same way. Remember, we were sitting at a long table with a group of strangers making it very hard for customers to single themselves out by asking actors to leave them alone. Doing so would make anyone feel weird or like an oddball for the remainder of the meal.

The actors continued to embarrass customers by attempting to make them look like jerks. One of the actors carried around a 15 inch huge oversized carrot with him and kept alluding to it being a man’s penis. (High school humor) The actors did things such as stuffing this oversized, fat, carrot down a female customer’s blouse while massaging her back and upper body. (Again, OVERLY WIERD HIGH SCHOOL HUMOR) Boy did she look like an idiot! The skinny chick and other actors would offer to “warm” male and female customers up so that when these customers got home they were “ready” to have sex with their companion. Frankly, we felt most of the actors were not people who most strangers would choose to be touched by. Several of the customers commented that the actors might be desperate for money or frustrated people who did not get hugged/touched enough in their personal lives. Possibly these actors were choosing to be part of this FEAST cast so they could get overly vulgar to make up for what they are personally missing and get their jollies off by touching strangers.

The people beside us left early. They were just too disgusted. We left shortly after them.

The “Feast” was kicked off with roast beef but, the actor playing Mrs. Claus walked in carrying a plastic deer head with a lighted red nose. We were then told that the roast was the remains of Rudolph. Is that funny and great for an appetite? The food was diner food and was worth about $8 per plate, and, even at that, it was not very good. Many diners do better. I returned my plate with things on it (part of the main course) that were terrible. Each customer chooses a carafe of Sangria wine or beer. I ordered the wine. The woman next to me and I decided that the wine was watered down to the point that there only a drop of wine in the carafe, if that. Later I spoke to the owner who admitted that the wine was a Sangria punch that Bube’s created with punch and wine. He said that Bube’s could not afford to give customers carafes of wine. (My feeling is ....DO NOT ADVERTISE SOMETHING THAT YOU CANNOT PROVIDE! Call the drink a punch with a splash of wine in it if that is what it truly is. Ensure people know it is mostly non-alcoholic punch. ) I did not taste any wine in my carafe. The lady sitting beside me did not taste any wine in hers either. I also would have preferred the option of straight wine.

There was a Santa Claus that did a fire-eating presentation. Unfortunately, even Santa could not help being stupidly not so funny and vulgar. He said that the balls on the end of his fire sticks were Rudolph’s balls. Is that funny? He did a fire eating thing that was fair and put a lot of smoke into the cavern that we were in. (I have a lung disorder and ended up sick from this.) It also seemed very unsafe because he was dangling the fireballs near the lights hanging from the ceiling. I talked to the owner about this and was told that Bube’s turned on a ventilation system while he was doing his act. I did not see or feel any ventilation system running and I was sitting in a position where I could clearly see the smoke gathering at the ceiling and not moving. I noticed this because of my lung condition.

Santa had the nerve to pass around a boot for tips when he was done eating fire. That was odd since the entertainment was included in our $90 Feast Cost. Didn't Bube's pay this guy enough?

We left a bit early, but, the actors were starting to collect at the exit with a container for people to put tips in. That is not very classy either!

As we were leaving they started to put cookies on the table as dessert. They were ok. Several were hard. Not very classy!

When we got home I had to scrub all of the areas of my body where these creepy strangers touched me. I certainly don’t know how clean or unclean they and the other people they touched were. Everyone in the audience looked considerably cleaner than most of the actors. The actors' outfits appeared as though they had not been cleaned in years.

The advertised price for this was $90 for 2 people. We expected a classy, high quality FEAST experience at that price. The experience was far from professionally done and was not worth any price that anyone would pay. In fairness, the owner did return part of the value of the FEAST by giving us a gift certificate for $50. Unfortunately, at this point, we can’t imagine going back into Bube’s. We don’t want to be reminded of any of this. It was horrible!

By the way, it is a shame that the potential ambiance of this extraordinary building it not being exploited and used wisely. Everyone should be offered at least a free mini-tour of the place during which the guide could explain the history of the building. This building renders itself to entertainment that is of a higher class than the vulgar, not so funny entertainment we attended. Unfortunately, maybe there is more profit the latter and decisions regarding types of entertainment offered were made based on profit alone and at the expense of the customer.

9  Thank Dorothy J
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The food and beer were ok, nothing really to write home about, but the facility was a neat place to visit. We enjoyed the gallery and are very glad we gave it a shot.

1  Thank Stefanie D
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Bube's Brewery is an amazing restaurant with three different, specialized eateries. Most recently I ate at the Bottling Works during their Beach Party weekend, which has become a tradition over the last several years.

We enjoyed their craft beers, (the Blonde is delicious! But, I was told the Chocolate Porter was also amazing.) we prefer to drink the restaurant beers rather than national brands when we can. There were four of us and we shared an appetizer of Alois Fries. I will say, for four people it was a very small portion.

Two of the four had the Rachel, which was enjoyed by both parties. One had fries, which they enjoyed, the other had the potato du jour, which turned out to be mashed potatoes with garlic and cheese. Amazing. One of the party had a burger with blue cheese, which turned out to be delicious and the fourth had one of the specials of a BLT with Wisconsin bacon and asiago cheese.

Our waitress was fun and sweet. She joked around with us and gave us just the right about of attention - around when we needed her (came right over when we flagged her down to help another table), but wasn't always bugging us.

The Bottling Works is a great place for a casual meal. Tasty, reasonable, and a fun time.