“Nice atmosphere, wings need work”

Catacombs at Bube's Brewery
Ranked #5 of 46 Restaurants in Mount Joy
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 24, 2012

We dined in the Bottle Works section of the place and my wife's taco salad was very good. We had very good service and enjoyed the guided tour of the place. I had the wings, and they were very large but the taste was not something my Buffalo (home of chicken wings) taste buds could get into. I enjoyed picking from a large selection of home beers. The men's room near the stage should be condemned.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

Bube's Brewery and the Catacombs is a great place to bring friends for the entertainment, but our recent experience was a let down. We made reservations for dinner but what confusion we incurred when we arrived!! Are you here for the Feast? Are you here to drink? After about 20 minutes (it could have been more) they figured out we were not there for the Feast OR the bar, and took us to our table. The food is average and we felt over priced but the atmosphere certainly makes up for it. Past with shrimp was $30+ and the shrimp were very small/pasta was thick and lumpy. The others at my table thought their food was OK but not up to the standard of the prices charged. Anyway - this is a fun experience and should be enjoyed. Just don't expect fine dining.

1  Thank Resumegal
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I have been to Bube's many times, too many to count. Their feasts are my favorite attraction, by far. For the mere pittance of $42, You get an appetizer, salad, bread, main course, dessert and your choice of beer or a lovely sangria, sometimes white sangria sometimes red. On top of this, you get great interactive entertainment with the various themed feasts. Pirate, Medieval, Roman, Gypsy, Halloween, Christmas and the occasional Faerie feast. My personal favs are the Pirate followed closely by the Christmas feast, however, all of them are well worth it. The actors are very good and quite a lot of fun. You don't have to dress up in the appropriate costume, but it's more fun if you do. In fact, I'll be heading to their Pirate Feast tonight. Besides the feasts, the pub grub they have is very good, they have a nice selection of beers, including some they brew themselves. I can't account for the fine dining or murder mysteries they offer, but I have heard very good things from people who I know and whose opinions I respect. In summation, I can't recommend this place enough. Lose the Lazy Boy and get out to Bube's!

2  Thank Charles C
Reviewed April 1, 2012

This is a "bucket list" stop for those visiting Amish country. I recommend the beer sampler from their draft selection. Only tried the casual dining area. Great atmosphere, wide selection of food and deserts -- excellent and will definitely return.

1  Thank DaveYarb
Reviewed April 1, 2012

The place is really nice and the food was really good. You get a play with the people who work there and also included us at our table in the play. We had a mystery to solve. Then they give you a free tour of the place. None of us in the group were never there, it was worth going to...They have different themes you can go to, you can pick when you make your reservations. You dont have to dress, we all wore jeans..

1  Thank Blueeyes630