“Talent and Fun in the Woods!”

Timbers Dinner Theatre
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Timbers is a great restaurant/dinner theatre in the bucolic town of Mount Gretna. You can dine upstairs at the buffet or opt, as we do, for the a la carte menu in the cozy downstairs restaurant. They have a terrific bar menu and always offer a superb choice of entrees. We tried the salmon, rack of lamb and baked sea scallops - all were delicious. Order dessert, oh and they are good, at your table or have them delivered to you in the theatre during intermission. The theatre is outdoors but covered and the show features 6 young, very talented performers who sing and dance their hearts out. Show seats are reduced if you dine with them before the show. The staff is wonderful and the owner, Kathleen who is 84 is a gracious and charming host. Always a fun time at Timbers!

1  Thank InsightMarketing

Reviewed August 1, 2014

We had dinner in the restaurant (you can choose the buffet or a sit down dinner with menu) before the show or just go to the show. You get a reduced ticket price if you buy dinner. They have a full bar. The food was fine - very tasty (one of us had stuffed oysters, another had pasta primavera, and the other had a 3 course set meal with a nice cod dinner). Nothing amazingly unique but very good. The show we saw was "Applause" with 6 very talented young people singing and dancing their hearts out. Was an excellent value - we sat outside in a protected area which was very cozy. This is open year round so of course in the winter they close up the theater. It's way back in the woods so it's very dark and very quiet.

1  Thank Sandi0615
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We were there on a first Friday night, busy, but we had a reservation. We had a great table in front of the fireplace. A welcome warm seat that cold winter night. The staff was great , kinda tag team service , they had each others back ....super. Clams casino and rumaki appetizers were excellent. Fresh salad, stuffed clams and rack of lamb....yum! Looking forward to a return visit!

2  Thank pah c
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My family dined out for my birthday at the Timbers. The food was delicious. We ate a la carte, not buffet and the menu was diverse. Service was not always up to par, but it was Saturday night and busy.

Enjoyed the show and the cast was enthusiastic and talented. They were very friendly to my 10 and 7 year old granddaughters.

It was a very pleasant experience and I hope to go there again!

1  Thank LoistheSub
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We regularly go to the Maple St. Cafe in Lebanon, but in the last month or two we ate at another Briody family eatery. The atmosphere is very pleasant, the service is very friendly and attentive, and the food is wonderful. The first time I ate there I had the Chicken Piccata and last Friday I had Liver and onions. Both were excellently prepared and of the proper temperature. I'm not sure why more people weren't dining there, It is a hidden gem. I tend to avoid the chains as they are far too generic; everything at The Timbers was fresh and I didn't get a hint of "frozenness." If you are in the Mt Gretna area and hungry for a very good meal, drop in and see Tap. She'll make your dinner special.

1  Thank Hal H