“Good but no children?”
Review of Mt. Gretna Inn

Mt. Gretna Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Gretna
Mt. Gretna Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Mount Gretna B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 6, 2012

My husband and I had a good experience; however, our friends tried to book there too with their two children (8 and 11) while we were there and we're declined in August of 2009.

• Stayed: August 2011
4  Thank googlesoozel

Reviewed March 21, 2011

We stayed at the Mt. Gretna Inn for a dear friend's wedding weekend. I can't say enough good things about the warmth, hospitality and cooking skills of the owners. THe keep the place and environs very beautiful and we felt very welcomed and well taken care of. It was a treat to go down for breakfast each morning, and they keep complimentary snacks and water on hand as well.

It's relaxed and low key. The only down side was that there were a lot of objects and furniture in the rooms which made them feel a little less spacious, and it seemed as though there may have been a little more dust and must in the air than my sinuses were used to.

Loved relaxing on their huge wraparound porch.

That area of Pennsylvania is beautiful.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TravelGoddess123
Reviewed June 1, 2008

If you are going to the central Pa area,Lancaster,Hershey,Lebanon or thereabouts, I highly recommend this place,Mt Gretna, a summer place largely but it could be great for other seasons as well, especially the fall. Close to many towns of interest,including the Penna. Dutch area, this is a location apart. It is a part of a community that has been around for a couple of hundred years and is still going strong. TheMt Gretna Inn is the only facility that one can rent by the night,the others being houses or cottages for longer stays. In summer, one can walk or bike everywhere,to the lake,the ice cream shop, the theater,restaurants,etc. It is designed for this. During the season there are many options for entertainment ; plays,music,etc. If you seek quiet, it is there.If you need more action, this is available too.

Now,for the inn itself. It has been brought into this century very beautifully by two partners who have made the choice of which room to stay in very difficult. Each has its own beauty and character and each is uncommonly large.Ours had its own very large porch with plenty of seating and a table and chair if we wanted to eat outside. Our room also had a gas fireplace which was cosy on the chill mornings. We left our door open to the porch to enjoy the wonderful bird song and breezes in the morning. For those who had no private porch,not to worry. A huge front porch wrapped around the property for all to sit and rock or glide.

Coming down to breakfast was a delight. The food was yummy and the service impeccible. Each meal started with fresh fruit aplenty,followed by coffee cake and juice.Then came the hot food : my favorite was the French Toast stuffed with what seemed to be ricotta cheese with a wonderful sauce and the biggest and juiciest sausage I have had. I would like to be eating there right now. Of course,one had plenty of coffee and tea.
Speaking of coffee, right outside our room was a wonderous contraption for our use : a machine which made several kinds of coffee and tea and chocolate in a couple of minutes any time.There was also a refrigerator always stocked with water and soda. We kept our picnic supplies in it as well.

I would highly recommend this inn without any reservation.
Coleridge

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank coleridge
Reviewed August 6, 2006

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the Mt. Gretna Inn this weekend. We were there to see our good friend in a musical at the Playhouse, and the Inn was the perfect place to stay.

The house is gorgeous and tastefully done in a mixture of Victorian and modern. All of the rooms have neat little names, and we stayed in the "Wild Cherry" room. There were angels everywhere- in the paintings, the figurines, and all of the books about love. Oh yes, the Wild Cherry is all about romance!

The room was quite spacious, with relaxing red tones and deep wood floors. The bed was beautifully made and quite comfortable, and the bathroom was clean and renovated, hair dryer included. My only complaint about the room is that the shower stall is quite small.

The breakfast in the morning was splendid, as was the conversation. And I cannot say enough about the new owners, Harry and Frank. They were attentive, wonderful hosts who clearly care about giving their guests an experience to remember.

8  Thank Rollofthunder

Been to Mt. Gretna Inn? Share your experiences!