“Good place to stay on your way”

Quality Inn & Suites NJ State Capital Area
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Morrisville
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Very friendly staff. Property quite clean. Rooms well appointed. Good value. Right off Route 1 as it crosses from Morrisville, PA into Trenton NJ, so a great place to stay if traveling in that area. While there are no restaurants or a bar on the property, there are several within a minute or two's walking distance.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chifarmer
Comfort528, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites NJ State Capital Area, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again the next time you travel to our area!

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Yes, it's a Comfort Inn. There's no restaurant, no bar, no pool. But, you wouldn't be looking at this review if you were looking for a Four Seasons - you are looking for a Comfort Inn.

The room was absolutely adequate, the bed (and especially the pillows) as comfortable as my own. Sure it had some things in it that could use some minor repair or refreshing.

The breakfast was nothing special, however it was free. There were make-your-own waffles which are always a hit, cereal, pastries, etc.

HOWEVER - the staff here IS something special. Every person we encountered from different employees at the front desk to the breakfast attendant to staff walking up and down the halls cleaning rooms to a gentleman vacuuming in the lobby seemed to know that they were there to try any make our stay special, and they did.

The front desk staff was just amazing, giving us restaurant and activity suggestions and remembering us from one day to the next. The breakfast attendant brought us newspapers without asking. The gentleman with the vacuum turned it off each time we walked by so we could continue our conversation and the employees cleaning the rooms simple said hi and asked if they could do anything for us. This is a Comfort Inn?

This is clearly proper hiring and training from above and it shows. Customer service is so important and this hotel got it right. We'll be back!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Eric S

Thank you so much for such a great review of our property! We are so pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff took excellent care of you! We hope that the next time you are in the area, you visit with us again!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Well I don't know if the hotel changed managers or just decided to get new staff (or could it be because I'm a Choice Privilege Rewards member), but this visit was a completely different experience from the one we had almost a year ago. The staff were very polite and friendly. Although my conversation with one person on Saturday about a late check out for the next day did not get put into the computer, so I'm glad I checked on that. I also got charged twice (I checked it with a credit card), but was assured that one payment would be returned to my debit card which I used to hold the reservation. Still waiting for that to happen...

Overall this was a pleasant experience. Breakfast was decent, although again, I think the breakfast area is too small. Can't tell if they renovated or not (looked like new carpet), but it was very clean and there were always people around sweeping, mopping and dusting. The room was nice. I had requested a suite, but was given a larger room with a jacuzzi in the bathroom. The larger room was nice because my kids are manic, but would've preferred a room like the one we had last time, with a pull-out couch and the sleeping area divided by a little wall. I didn't complain because we checked in late and couldnt be bothered to move. I just think the descriptions on the web were a little misleading. I ended up paying more for something I didn't get. Never got to use the jacuzzi.

The heating system is somewhat archaic and makes a tremendous amount of noice when it cycles on. My husband and kids slept right through it, but I'm a light sleeper so every time it came on, it bothered me.

We had two rooms booked, one for our guest and the prices were reasonable.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Comfort528, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites NJ State Capital Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond about your visit with us! I'm very pleased to hear that you chose to stay with us again and that your experience improved from the first time! I hope that your debit card has been credited back by now, it usually takes 7-10 business days.

We do hope to see you and your family again the next time you are in the area! Remember that starting from May, we will have our brand new swimming pool open!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

The lobby is clean and the staff is friendly and attentive. Breakfast is passable, for a free breakfast. The rooms are a bit tired. The faux leather desk chair was so worn on the seat that only half actually was covered by the faux leather. The rest was simply the foam cushion. Noisy room to room. Free internet. For the money this is a solid average place to stay. The one somewhat insulting thing they do is add a charge of $1.50 to every nights stay because there is a safe in the room. Even if it is not used, they charge for it simply being in the room! What next, $2.00 because a TV is in the room? $5.00 for the bed? I bet people would pay $10.00 for a bathroom. I know it is only $1.50 but it is the way it just shows up on the final bill that is disturbing. Simply a poor way of doing business. Hidden fees are never a good long term solution. Makes you wonder how they are doing if they need to nickel and dime customers. Leason learned, at this hotel, ask about hidden charges while checking in.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Comfort528, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites NJ State Capital Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am happy to hear the positive things you had to say about our property, but I would like to address the negatives. I do apologize for the safe charge that seemed hidden. We do have it on our registration card and it is an optional charge that can be taken off of your receipt at check out. Our hotel keeps the safes in the rooms to protect our guests and any personal items that they bring with them, and we do not ask if any guest has used the safe, which is what we were all trained to do when the safes were installed in the room. I also apologize for the condition of your desk chair. We have ordered new chairs and are waiting for them to be delivered.

I know $1.50 is not a big amount, as you mentioned, but I would be more than happy to remove this charge from your bill. Please feel free to e-mail me at comfortinn528@gmail.com with the date of your stay and your name, and I can remove this charge.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

My wife & I concur with this earlier review:

The staff from the front desk to Pushpa, who handled the breakfast bar, was very helpful and professional. Pushpa ensured that all items remained stocked and checked to ensure all was satisfactory. She was a delight. The room was very nice and clean.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Y2K_not
Comfort528, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites NJ State Capital Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the breakfast! I'll be sure to share this review with Pushpa. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

We stay here with our bobtailed truck on an average of once a week. Pushpa, is always friendly, always has breakfast ready, and is very helpful. And as always this goofy site wants 200 worda. Which is not helpful. Especially if one is in a hurry. What a drag. But have the time today.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank TimLutz

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! Pushpa works very hard to ensure that all guests enjoy their breakfast experience at our hotel. I'll be sure to share this with her and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank phabyj

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I'll be sure to share this with Pushpa; she will be very happy to hear such great things!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrisville
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley
Howard Johnson - Princeton/Lawrenceville
SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South
Holiday Inn Express Bordentown - Trenton South
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel

Been to Quality Inn & Suites NJ State Capital Area? Share your experiences!