“Its perfect fo kids stay”

Quality Inn & Suites NJ State Capital Area
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Morrisville
“Its perfect fo kids stay”
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

My wife and my daughter and i arrived 1 hr early front desk check us in quick and book us for the 2 o clock shuttle str8 to the park my daughter is very excited singing with elmo driver is polite great and safe ride

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank David V
Comfort528, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites NJ State Capital Area, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! I'm glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take the shuttle over to the park! We look forward to seeing you again next year!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I just don't know where or how to start to I am just going to break it down into categories.
Customer Service: Plain bad. I booked two rooms because there were five of us (3 adults and 2 kids) and that exceeds the limit of people per room. When I got to the place they said that I only paid for one room: how can that be when the website doesn't allow you to add 5 people to a room? Anyways to make my story short, I had to pay over $300 more dollars on top of what I already had purchased.

FRONTDESK: It seems that there is only one person working per shift, so there was always a "I will be back shortly" sign posted. I requested a crib and they did not provide sheets so I called the front desk. After an hour of waiting and a very sleepy infant, the person on the front desk just said that they were too busy with a bad attitude, by the way her name was Latoya.

MANAGER: we were there for 4 days and only saw the manager once (the day we arrived), I requested a manager a couple of times and he was never on site, always some excuses, also the manager's name on the wall that was supposed to be on duty was not the same person that was actually on duty "the 2 hrs we saw him".

LOCATION: There are train rails literally right outside the hotel, working rails and fright cars.

GYM: The gym consists of 2 machines, a treadmill and a stair machine

DINNING AREA:Very small. No more than 6 really small tables with 3 chairs each, so cannot fit a family of four so we ate upstairs. Funny, they gave my kids coloring pages and crayons and the crayons had the ihop logo, wow.

ROOMS: One of our rooms smelled bad and the other had hair in the tub and around the blow drier, old candy on the floor which could be a choking hazard for my infant.

HOUSEKEEPING: My toddler had an accident while napping (around 2-3 pm), so I called the front desk because i needed the sheets changed and I was told that I had to go downstairs, get the sheets and change it myself because the housekeeping left for the day. Really? How in heavens your house keeping is gone by 3pm on a saturday- july, when is your busiest time and the place is full of kids? I don't mind cleaning after my kids, but not when I am paying for that service.

SHUTTLE: we made an appointment to get picked up by the shuttle at the hotel at 530 pm to go see the parade. We arrived at 515, and waited until 6pm and the driver never showed up.

Last: HOT HOT HOT the lobby and the elevator were extremely hot, we decided to take the steps instead, good thing that it is only 2 flights.

Please pay a few extra bucks and go somewhere else if you want to have a pleasant time with your family.

4 Thank AngelNYDR
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. With all Sesame Place package reservations, we are sent an e-mail every morning with the rooming list of all guests checking in that particular day. We verify it against our own arrival's list and if we have any problems or questions, we call Sesame directly. At check in, I do recall our GM calling Sesame Place to verify that only one room was reserved under your name, and Sesame Place confirmed that you had only made the one reservation.

If you would like to discuss any of the other problems you encountered during your visit, please e-mail me directly at comfortinn528@gmail.com.
Chicago
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Stayed here as part of a package through Sesame Place. We frequently use Comfort Inn. Love the continental breakfast. When they have a pool it's usually good. This location specifically, is a mess.

The first room we were in had stained sheets. The desk had not been cleaned off; there were sticky glass rings. The tub didn't plug. The pillows looked like someone had been laying there before we got in. That was enough for us to ask for a different room.

Couldn't get into the second room, which was right across the hall from the elevators. Seemed locked from the inside. Went down to see if I could get some help. She told me to pull in, insert the key, then turn the handle. Tried that. No dice. Asked for room #3. Ok! It's clean! G'nite.

Noticed later that the fan vent is hanging about 6 inches off the ceiling. The phone is destroyed, can't get to the movie rental channel, the desk chair is worn through, the toilet seat shifts if you lean too far either way.

In the morning, went to continental breakfast. Another mess. This poor woman said she just started the day before. She said there was no food. She was right. No yogurt, barely any milk, no eggs or sausage. She was refilling that. Waffles were out of batter and she was busting her butt to refill. Coffee was cold.

Took shuttle to Sesame Place. Had a blast. Thought the shuttle would pick us up. Nope. We were informed when I called that we should have gotten on a list for pick up. They sent someone anyway. The next morning, I went to put us on the list for the pick up to bring us from Sesame Place to the hotel. Turns out we had to sign up to get on the list to get there too. That would have been good information to have at check in. The 10a was full. The 10:30 was full. That left the 11 but we had a lunch with the characters planned at 11:30, so we paid the $20 to park there.

I get that the shuttle fills up. I also understand that the hotel sees it as complimentary, as the man at the front desk informed me. But when a guest asks about the shuttle when they check in, the guest should be informed about how the shuttle works so they can plan accordingly. We booked this hotel specifically through a http://SesamePlace.com package. We booked it because it has a shuttle to the hotel. We wouldn't have stayed here if we would have had to drive ourselves. We would have stayed farther away at a nicer hotel that cares about its customers.

If we come here again, we are not staying here. We stayed here three nights and felt like we were putting them out the whole time. If you're looking for a place to stay for Sesame Place, don't do it here.

1 Thank Maggie R
Comfort528, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites NJ State Capital Area, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
I deeply apologize that you and your family did not have a good stay with our hotel. It upsets me to hear that your whole experience was poor and I would really like to speak with you directly if you have the time. Please contact me at 215-428-2600 (ask for Carly). If for whatever reason I'm not available (I usually am in the office Monday-Friday until 3pm) please leave me a voice-mail at extension 511.

I look forward to sorting out these issues and speaking to you in the future.
Wolcott, Connecticut
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I will be traveling august 12 to the area to take my son to sesame place and bought the 3 night package deal, my wife and I decided to go down earlier aug 11 to do some fun stuff in the Morrisville area so I called he hotel direct and booked a room for an additional night aug 11 which had nothing to do with sesame place package--the man that took care of me was so friendly,helpful and even wrote down that I requested to keep this room for all 4 nights so I did not have to move my stuff into another room on the Monday morning.then I called again a couple days ago to ask the woman who answered the phone if they had a pool ,she told me they were installing one at this time and she was so pleasant to talk to and asked if I had any other questions and concerns ,she ended the conversation by saying we look forward to seeing you and if you have any other question please give us a call...if this is how all the staff is then I an just imagine how great the stay will be. thank you

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Comfort528, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites NJ State Capital Area, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for the great response! We take great pride in our customer service and strive to make every guest feel comfortable and like they are being listened to (even if they haven't actually stayed with us yet!). We do look forward to seeing you next month and meeting you!
Macon
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Our stay at this Comfort Inn was a great experience The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and accomodating. The outside was clean and welcoming.There was not any noise at night, the making for a good night's sleep. There was a shuttle to take guests to Sesame Place which is great for families with small children. The breakfast was good and the lady preparing the food was very friendly and helpful. I will definitely stay there my next family visit to Jersey.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the great response! We are so glad to hear that your first stay with us was wonderful and that you will be returning in the future! We look forward to accommodating you when you are visiting the area again!!
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We decided to celebrate my 2 yr old son b day at sesame place during week of July 4 which is his b day. We all had a ball! Now the hotel. First location- it was a bit seedy. Pretty much located in a local "hood" area. They don't bother u but just be cautious. I'm from Nyc so we were immediately on guard. The actual hotel is a few feet away from the hood area so ur car feels more safer in the parking lot. Rooms- standard average clean, beds were super comfy. Bathroom tub could've been a lil bit cleaner, like it needed one more scrub of some Comet. Lol but was ok. The free b fast was very very limited. By time we got there at 8 30 everything was practically gone. And the seating was very very limited. We decided to drive to the next exit n go to Friendlys instead. Distance- was perfect from Sesame. Literally 10 mins away n there was never any traffic- straight trip on US Rt 1. Staff was friendly n it was good price. All in all would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Comfort528, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites NJ State Capital Area, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We are glad you chose to stay at our hotel for your family's first trip to Sesame Place. I'm glad that the distance to the park was something that you enjoyed (it is a very easy drive to get there)! I am sorry that the breakfast was not filled when your family went and I will definitely find out why it was not replenished at such an early hour. I will also speak to housekeeping about the condition of your bathroom.

We look forward to seeing you and your family the next time you come to Sesame Place. Bring your bathing suit next time so you can go swimming in our new pool!
ny
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Our party of three families stayed here from July11th-July14th for Sesame Place. In the past, we've stayed at the Hampton Inn Yardley, but after our stay last year, said I would never stay there again! (see my other review). This location was easy to find, a quick commute from NYC. Though off the beaten path of the regular Sesame Hotels, this was a great alternative. There was a convenience store, gas station w/Dunkin Donuts, bank, and restaurants nearby. It was one exit from Sesame-literally a 5 min drive. Our kids loved the geese in the parking lot! The accomodations were clean, and well-maintained. What set this typical chain hotel apart from others, was the service!! Excellent service, friendly and well-mannered staff who provided information readily without prodding. We had an issue with our fridge, and the manager came to check on it. Later when we went out, we came back to a note saying they had completely replaced the fridge for best service. Also, there's a shuttle, which we did not use but had the option. In fact, on our last day, as we sat in the lobby, the shuttle driver asked if we were going to Sesame. The breakfast was typical comp breakfast- lots of basic options to save families the additional expense of another meal. The breakfast lady was so sweet-giving our kids crayons and sesame coloring pages to keep their attention. Breakfast area needs to be larger. We saw plans for an outdoor pool coming next year. Thinking we'll stay here again!

Room Tip: Room 204 was larger, but it has a king size bed and a pull out. The room with the two double beds w...