“Ants, ants and more ants”

Quality Inn & Suites NJ State Capital Area
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Morrisville
Brooklyn, New York
“Ants, ants and more ants”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I waited a while before writing this review because I tried dealling with it internally. I purchased a package through SESAME PLACE which I have done for the last 6 years with no problems. I brought 6 sesame place tickets and two hotel rooms (my six visit with my family and my son and grandson's first visti) . Upon our arrival there wasn't any bedding on the pull out bed which consisted of a two inches mattress wrapped in plastic trying to hold down the springs. I had to go to front desk to get bedding which took about 20 minutes for them to find. Once we get settled in. I notice a bug crawling on the night table which I later realized it was an Ant. After checking beds making sure it wasn't bed bugs. We then found them all over the floor. I go back to front desk they were booked and had not other rooms. It was midnight by that time and I sucked it up and was out of there first thing in the morning. The worst part of the story was how SESAME PLACE handled it. I call them because I did book through them and they pretty much told me too bad. They claimed that they contacted the hotel and there was no records of my complaint at the hotel, really like they would admit to that, and there for too bad. They refunded me $38.15 for I dont' know what because they never even called me back. I called them several times and was given one excuse after another. Please do not visit this hotel and don't trust Sesame Place. Unfortunalty I wont be visiting any Comfort Inn or Sesame Place again.

2 Thank Dennicee S
Comfort528, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites NJ State Capital Area, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for your feedback about your stay. I want to deeply apologize for the poor guest service that you received during your stay with us and also for the confusion between the hotel and Sesame Place about your stay. We must have been sold out that particular night, or we would have definitely accommodated you in another room.

My apologies again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Long Island
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for two nights while visiting Sesame Place. The housekeeping and breakfast staff were very friendly and accommodating. The main problem was there was a horrible BO odor in the closet area reminiscent of the Seinfeld episode. I was afraid to place anything in there for fear it may attach. Even with the doors closed, the smell was ever-present. Our room also smelled of cigarette smoke even though it said it was a non smoking room, but that took a backseat to the body odor smell. When my husband and I asked to be moved we were told the hotel was full and we could not be accommodated. It is unfortunate because the room furnishings were nice and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast was good as well. The odors made for an unpleasant stay and I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Smell your room before you accept it.
Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank D K
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel! We are glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed our staff and rooms! We do apologize about the bad odor in your room and that we were full and you could not be moved. I will inform my front desk staff again on the appropriate actions to take for a complaint like this.

Thanks again and we hope to accommodate you again soon!
Reviewed August 15, 2012

It is a good location to stay for bobtailed trucks. Takes CLC, make sure that the deskclerk has it right.If not best unplug phone until morning. Laspe in trainning in that area. But great contenential breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank TimLutz
Thank you for taking the time to post this comment! We do appreciate all of the business that CLC gives us and I will personally make sure that the front desk is fully trained in checking guests in with the CLC card!

We hope to see you again soon!
hampton VA
Reviewed August 15, 2012

This hotel is not worth the money they charge! Jus spent two night there with the family to go to Sesame Place, (reccomend on thier website) and would NEVER go back. We found dirty towels in the room, very rude kitchen and house keeping staff and the smallest "free breakfast" area I have ever seen. They can not support a "famliy friendly" atmoshere. The oly good thing is that they are close to the park. I wish I would have read the reviews before booking. Would have paid extra to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our property and your stay with us. I'm deeply sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I will personally be speaking with the housekeeping department and the breakfast attendant on the behavior that they gave you and your family.

If you do come back to the area, I hope you give us another chance to accommodate you!
Bethel Park
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Bought a package for Sesame Place with hotel included. Hotel room was very dirty. Hair all over the bathroom. Business center consists of a table in the corner of the hall located outside of the breakfast room. There is a broken down computer and printer that we were not even to access to print out our tickets.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us! I'm sorry for the delayed response, as well.

I'm very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I will be speaking with the housekeeping department about the condition in which you found your room. I also apologize for the computer being down during your stay.

If you are ever in the area again, we do hope you will give our hotel another chance!
North Canton, Ohio
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We had a great stay durin gour family trip to Sesame Place. It has a convenient location, friendly employees, and quality accomodations.

Milton was extremely helpful to us, the free breakfast was quality, and the entire facility was very clean.

1 Thank ISN311
Thank you for the great comment and we look forward to having you as a guest again soon!
Brentwood, New York
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Overall the hotel was very clean and the people was nice.We had brought a package to go to sesame palce and to stay at this hotel. The only thing that I didnt like was when we had got there which was like around 8am and we wanted to check in, the front desk said that they didnt have any rooms ready yet that we would have to come back like around 11-12pm to check in when we wanted to go down to sesame place.After a full day of visiting sesame place...we finally check in our room and it was a very nice and clean room only that it had smelled like if someone had smoked in the room before they had left. But in all everything else was good!

1 Thank Darias316
Thank you for your positive comments and taking the time to write to us! We are glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us! We try to accommodate every guest when they request an early check-in, but unfortunately we do not always have rooms available due to the occupancy the previous night.

We look forward to seeing you and your family in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrisville
Wyndham Garden Trenton
Holiday Inn Express Bordentown - Trenton South
Residence Inn Hamilton
Residence Inn Hamilton
#3 of 3 in Hamilton

Been to Quality Inn & Suites NJ State Capital Area? Share your experiences!