“Surprise”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed August 17, 2013

It's true this place has probably seen better days, but for the price and the quality of food, this place is well worth it. Mostly locals were eating here, and I liked that as well. It reminded me of an old diner in Jersey. Would I go back? I'm not sure, but I know when I was there I felt like I got more than my money's worth.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

The entire inside needs an overhaul and quick! Restaurant Impossible, Help!!! The Windmill has a decent menu. The food is about average with prices that seem the norm.
I don't know if they got a rush they hadn't expected, or what, but the waitresses were taking orders, busing tables, and it seemed as harried as they all were, they might actually have been cooking or washing dishes as well. Not sure whose in charge here, but he or she could use an overhal also. Our waitress Katie, under the circumstances, was really very good and that was very much appreciated!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Although the food is acceptable it doesn't make up for the place being run down in general. You feel like it needs a thorough cleaning and even then it wouldn't meet my standards.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I've stopped here for coffee a few times to go. It always seems so dirty. Carpets need to be ripped up & changed. The front door & windows on the door look like they haven't been cleaned or painted in years! I look around & think "I should want to try eating here" but then I think .....if it looks this dirty where the customers sit, what is it like in the back where they make the food? It's such a shame that the owners don't take pride in the cleanliness of their restaurant since it's in a good location. I only hope that they will take make advice..& get a MAJOR cleaning job done. Other people must feel the same way & they would get alot more business . Plus, how do the waitresses feel working in that atmosphere?

2  Thank Laura881
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Way back , I used to bring my kids at the windmill. My kids loved the food and service back then. Windmill was our first stop every time we visit Lancaster. After 10 years while visiting a friend in the area, we stopped at the windmill. We were seated and a waitress named Heather asked our orders . We asked what croquette was, she said " i don't know" she went to ask another waitress . We asked how's the number 2 in special menu cooked, and she said again " I don't know " she looked very annoyed , I was thinking she's annoyed at herself not knowing the menu. Then I asked for the copy of special menu, she said there was none . She asked again what's our order , she was rushing us . I stood up and told her , I would just walk to the special menu display at the entrance , then I was surprised on Heathers attitude . She looked very annoyed, shaking her head , murmuring something to another waitress at front of me . I told her that she should not work at customers service because she doesn't know how to deliver good customers service . She never apologized . I lost my appetite , my friends ordered but not me . I was very disappointed . Heather made me feel that I should not ask, I should order quick and I have no time to think what to order . As a manager, working with customers all the time , good customer service is always very important . The windmill was great before , but keeping a waitress with an attitude will bring the business down. Windmill just lost my order and my take outs and worst , unlike before , it would be very hard for me to pass to my friends and clients a perfect rating of windmill. Some employees were very nice though . The cashier apologized that I waited for her and the the waitress who replaced Heather was very nice as well. I want visit Windmill again but no Heather please .

1  Thank Myrna O