“This hotel was renovated and is awesome”

Holiday Inn Morgantown / PA Turnpike
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Morgantown
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel about 4 times and it just keeps getting better! The hotel staff go beyond the call of duty to make sure all of their guests are happy! The hotel staff is very welcoming when you arrive to check in at 3pm and there is even a restaurant inside the hotel and the food is outstanding and inexpensive as well! They have an indoor heated swimming pool as well! It is conveniently located about 7 miles from the vanity fair outlets in nearby reading/Wyomissing pa, and is also 7 miles away from maple Grove raceway as well!

• Stayed: July 2014
My1stlove, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Morgantown / PA Turnpike, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such an awesome review. I must agree, our staff wants to exceed our guests expectations. I hope that when in the area again, you will consider staying with us once again. Thank you again for the kind words.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Morgantown / PA Turnpike

Reviewed July 23, 2014

I stay in hotels over 100 times a year for business, but this trip was personal. I found the hotel to be a wonderful surprise and I've stayed there more than once and for multiple days. The staff is wonderful and super friendly. I had one issue that was immediately fixed without questioning my complaint. The hotel offers a good breakfast at very reasonable prices. Hotel is clean with an indoor swimming pool. Very nice lobby! I have gotten different size rooms, but they have all been a good size and clean. Upgrades to executive rooms are very reasonable and I would recommend upgrading. The first time I stayed there, the restaurant was open. This time, breakfast was served in the bar area. I prefer the restaurant and I recommend better signing to let people know where it is, since it is tucked away in the back. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Consider upgrading. It is an excellent value and very inexpensive.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
My1stlove, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Morgantown / PA Turnpike, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Thank you very much for your kind words. We take pride in our guest and their stays. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as we learn and grow from feedback given. Please know that ALL of our rooms are the same size, however, the executive wing may appear bigger due to the furnishings. I hope that if in the area again you will allow us to service you. Again, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

This was a different looking Holiday Inn set out in a rural area far away from Lancaster County sights. The beds and pillows were wonderful. Very clean and comfy. The towels were fluffy and soft in a clean bathroom. I did have to ask for hair conditioner as there was none in the room. We called twice to have the sink drain cleaned, and on the last night it was working. We had a fridge and microwave in our room - the microwave sat on top of the fridge. There were no electrical outlets on the lights or desk to charge phones, etc. All the lights worked as did the air conditioning. There were two elevators and four floors so that service was slow. It was just as easy for me to use the stairs.
The pool surprised me because it was bigger than I thought it would be. The water was very clean and temperature was great. The fitness room was small but the air conditioner worked in there.
Our tour group ate breakfast in a separate dining room and we were served scrambled eggs, sausage, bagels, toast, butter, jam, orange juice and coffee. They also had boxed dry cereal and milk. No fruit but I'm sure that was part of the tour package. The last morning they did serve a great yogurt selection that had fresh strawberries and blueberries. The yogurt appeared to be home made, not in containers and I enjoyed it. Kirk was very attentive and definitely a great staff member.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
My1stlove, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Morgantown / PA Turnpike, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to detail your stay with us. We love our bus groups and we are happy that we met your expectations. We take the opportunity to learn and grow by our comments left behind by our guest. Again, thank you!

Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed 1 night. They have an indoor pool that is a nice size but oddly placed. The pool is actually in the lobby. The room was clean and large. The decor in the room was a little outdated. Our ac did not work when we first checked in but the maintenance man arrived quickly and fixed it. We did not use the restaurant in the lobby. Despite all that I would recommend this location.

• Stayed: July 2014
My1stlove, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Morgantown / PA Turnpike, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am happy to hear that even though you had an issue with your a/c our maintenance department was on top of it and fixed it for you right away. Should our hotel fit in your travel route in the future, I hope that we can assist you again.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

I've been driving past this hotel for thirty years on my trips north and finally stopped over night due to the weather.
what a great surprise as the hotel was recently refurbished and had a great price. . I didn't expect such a classy place in little Morgantown Pa.
rooms, lobby ,restaurant ,lounge all appear to be brand new. indoor pool that we didn't have a chance to use

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
My1stlove, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Morgantown / PA Turnpike, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2014

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to leave feedback for The Holiday Inn Morgantown. If in the area again, we hope you will stop in.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

I was in Morgantown to teach for two days. I've stayed in this hotel in the past. They have done some remodeling in the lobby area since I last stayed there. I like the improvements as the business area is in the lobby and close to the main entrance. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Enjoyed the company of the bar staff. I keep coming back as it is the best hotel in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for the kind words. We are happy to be your home away from home.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Arrived to find I had been upgraded because I was a Gold member (yay!). Went to my room to discover that upgrade meant a handicapped room? With a toilet bowl that was gross? Rec'd a nice call from the desk soon after my arrival asking if everything was okay. Was exhausted so simply said things were fine and went to bed.

Had I been staying another night I would have asked to be downgraded. ;-)

As I did my morning prep, I noticed that the guest lotion was half-used. Gah. Next time I'll do a more thorough check, and ask for a different room if anything is off. Obviously, if one thing is unclean (toilet bowl), it's possible that the rest of the room isn't up to snuff either.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank KChamis
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Morgantown / PA Turnpike, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2014

Dear KChamis,

Thank you for your recent stay and writing us a candid review. Please accept my sincere apology if your stay was negatively affected by the cleanliness of the room assigned to you. As a valued IHG Rewards Gold member, we understand how this has left you frustrated and we thank you for bringing this to our attention. I can assure you this is not the kind of quality we expect to provide. We will certainly look at these issues to make sure this will not happen again.

We would love for an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Morgantown
The Waynebrook Inn
#5 of 7 in Wyomissing
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#1 of 1 in Douglassville

Been to Holiday Inn Morgantown / PA Turnpike? Share your experiences!