“Don;t stay here....”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Morgantown
Ocean City, Maryland
“Don;t stay here....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

The hotel is old and need updates. The room was terrible. The heat would not keep the room warm. The hotel is in the middle of no were. Nothing to do or see.

Room Tip: Don't stay here...I'm quite sure you can find something else.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank deborah b
JGB_MGNPA, General Manager at Holiday Inn Morgantown / PA Turnpike, responded to this review, February 25, 2012
Deborah B, I am sorry to hear about your recent stay. I do aplogize that your heat was not keeping the room as warm as it should. Yes we are kind of remote but we are right in Amish Country, and only minutes some of the best outlet Shopping around. I wish I had an oppurtunity to speak with you directly and I am available if you choose to do so. We appreciate all comments and concerns from our guest that let us know how we are doing, it can only make us better.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

We pulled up to the facility and thought, well it looks a little old.but well kept. We went to check in and the staff at front desk was very friendly.. We were a little early and hoped that it wouldn't be a problem and it wasn't.. Our room was ready..It was kind of a strange setting in the lobby, the pool was there and it seeemed strange.. We went to our room which was on the third floor..Two elevators so it was quick and easy..Soda , snack and ice machines were on every floor and close to the elevators..We walked into our room and we were very surprised. The room was huge compaired to some of the rooms I have stayed in.. It was very clean and just what you would expect..we went to eat down in the hotel restuarant and let's just say, not so good..But the staff was friendly..next day tried the breakfast and that was better..
The kids loved the pool and the Hot tube, it was never crowded and it was very clean with plenty of towels..Turned out to be a great stay..Will defintly go back when we visit our relatives again..

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Brianbsb
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2012

This is a very nice hotel an the front desk clerks as well as the house keepers are all very nice and accomidating. They will go out of there way to see you have a nice stay. There is a bar and restaraunt on site as well as a few other places to eat in town.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank gbolin
Rochester, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2011

This was a very nice hotel, the executive King room was extremely clean and inviting. Excellent bed, bedding, TV, and bathroom. Location is close to all the Lancaster/Amish country attractions and main roads. The staff was friendly and helpful, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lucy916
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

Booked this hotel because it was between Hershey Park and Dutch Winter Wonderland. The hotel staff was very nice and friendly. Hotel manager Josh checked us in pretty quickly. Rooms were clean no complaints there. Wifi was pretty fast. Stayed 2 nights had dinner one night at the Hotel restaurant. The food was very good a pretty big portions. Next day we had breakfast there as well. The omelet was superb. This hotel is only 45 mins to Hershey and 30 mins to Dutch wonderland.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank ny110699
JGB_MGNPA, General Manager at Holiday Inn Morgantown / PA Turnpike, responded to this review, December 1, 2011
I am so happy to hear this and appreciate you taking the time to post your comments. I am glad you found us and hope to see you again real soon. I will share this with my staff especially Josh.
Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

I was traveling to the wedding of a cousin in northern PA when we stopped for the night at this hotel. I'd made my reservations online using Priceline and so had to try and figure out the best hotel to reserve.

This Holiday Inn attracted me because the reviews were more positive than not and the price, while more than I would have preferred, was decent [>$120/night for 2 adults/1 child]. The back of the door said that the average was about $220/adult/night, so make sure you book online.

I also got a free upgrade because I'm a member of the Holiday Inn rewards club [free to join], so you may want to check into that.

When we got to the hotel, it was a bit difficult to find the hotel entrance. You have to do a loop around McDonald's or just cut through the McD's parking lot. And while that's simple once you've done it, it's a pain trying to figure it out on a country road with slim lighting.

Still, the hotel parking is more than adequate. The hotel building itself is huge and very welcoming after a long trip on the road. The hotel is situated near the highway and the PA Turnpike making access amenable for getting your trip back on the road.

We stopped here as the hotel is near the Shady Maple smorgasbord [about 8 miles]. It was the perfect distance to avoid the smorgasbord traffic on Sat. Morning.

Overall, the hotel was friendly, clean, and a great value. The desk manager was extremely nice and seemed very personable. Thanks, Josh!

I would also say that the swimming pool looked rockin', though we didn't actually get to use it. We went to Shady Maple, so I have no idea if the breakfast here is good or not.

Check this hotel out!

Room Tip: Book online as prices are listed high at the hotel.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank lonelysheltie
JGB_MGNPA, Manager at Holiday Inn Morgantown / PA Turnpike, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
Thanks Glad you enjoyed hope to see you again and bring your swimming suit!
Ventnor City, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

I picked this hotel because it fit the criteria I set: it was the halfway point of my drive, and it has an indoor pool.

It was easy on/easy off for the PA Turnpike.

We arrived around 11 p.m. and check-in was efficient. The room was larger than I'd expected. It was plenty comfortable for our family of 2 adults and 2 kids.

I didn't care for the tiny fitness room (not a surprise) but around sunrise I had a great, flat running area around the hotel and the attached sort-of mall (more like a multi-store indoor furniture mart).

The small indoor pool is, oddly, right in the large main lobby. It was a fine place to play for my 8-year-old daughter and me. It doesn't open 'til 10 a.m. and the gate is locked until then.

There is a McDonald's in the parking lot. We didn't eat at the restaurant inside the hotel.

Everything was clean, pleasant and comfortable, which is what we were looking for.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank CleveRocks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morgantown
The Waynebrook Inn
Comfort Inn Amish Country
#1 of 3 in New Holland
Comfort Inn of Lancaster County North
Comfort Inn & Suites Pottstown

Been to Holiday Inn Morgantown / PA Turnpike? Share your experiences!