TripAdvisor
Pererenan
Post
Inbox
Search
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 10, 2019 via mobile

I travelled often but never really took the time to write any reviews (even though I find them super helpful)
But my stay at Ohana was that amazing that I owed the hosts 5 minutes to thank them for their hospitality and making sure we had the best time!

I can not recommend Ohana Retreat enough! It has been the highlight of our trip to Bali .

The room was comfortable ( i have back issues and the bed was very comfy) the view from the roof top is perfect for the best sunset photography! The pool was nice, and I enjoyed a massage from the comfort of the hotel.

Its so close to everywhere you want to be but far enough away to relax and unwind.

We tried many coffees and restaurant around the retreat and loved them all! All of Neil & Shelly’s recommendations were especially on point.
-cactus coffee (amazing strong coffee with fresh almond milk)
-monsieur spoon Best croissants and pastries (I’m French and picky lol)
- Santorini authentic greek food
-Wasabi good sushi
-Bottega amazing fresh Italian food.

I also took a Cooking class with Shelly and learned beautiful Bali cuisine while having fun! I was lucky enough to joined her to the local market to get what i needed to reproduce it back home. My husband didn’t take the class but for a lil extra enjoy the amazing meal we cooked.

My favorite thing was also spending time with lil twinkie the mini pomenarian .

We will be back when we come back to Bali! Comfortable, best location, clean, friendly, helpful, safe, best view !

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Shelly S, Owner at Ohana Retreat Bali, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2019

Wow thank you for giving us such an amazing review. And the fact that you don't really write reviews but spent the time writing one for us means a great deal. Neill and I loved having you spend time with us. From the beginning, our concept for Ohana was to have a hotel that can also feel like home. Having you participate in some of the Indonesian activities such as the early morning food market trip and the cooking class placed you into my lifestyle and even my kitchen. And that is an intentional part of the design for Ohana. To make it like an extended family, hence the Hawaiian word Ohana which means large or extended family. Can't wait to see you again. -- Shelly & Neill

Reviewed August 26, 2019 via mobile

The only negative thing about our stay here was the fact that it was too short.

The hotel is newly opened with neat solutions to optimize space.
High ceilings, two toilets per room, super comfy beds and linens.

Neil and Shelly where wonderful hosts helping us out with whatever we needed.

Their dog Twinky was the icing on the cake. Kind, cute and happy to see you without barking.

Rooftop bar with a great view of the sunset as well.

Neighborhood was nice and seemed up and coming with a nice vibe.

When we revisit Bali, we will most definitely stay here.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Shelly S, Owner at Ohana Retreat Bali, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2019

Thank you for the excellent review! We loved having you and for many our mini Pomeranian Twinky is the icing on the cake lol.

Looking forward to seeing you again Patrick.

Shelly & Neill

Reviewed August 3, 2019 via mobile

The Ohana Retreat Bali is an absolutly lovely place. The rooms are stylish overlooking the nice pool area and garden or the sourrounding landscape. 5star beds with incredible soft pillows. Well secluded from the street Ohana is quiet and peacefull. Nearby restaurants serving delicious food from Indonisian to hip and tasty bowls (we enjoyed our fresh crossaints from the french bakery Monsineur Spoon). The Echo beach is only a couple of minutes away by foot. From the cozy rooftop the views are outstanding. A perfect place for a sundowner. Neill and Shelly were lovely hosts. They are very gentle persons and created the whole retreat with a special sense of style and hospitality. Our two daughters loved not only Twinky the little dog but also the warm and welcoming way from the whole Ohana team. We will definitely come back when we are on Bali next time.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Shelly S, Manager at Ohana Retreat Bali, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2019

Wow. Thank you for the excellent review. We enjoyed you and your family's stay with us. And yes our dog (a mini Pomeranian) is a bit of a celebrity with the young children. Hope to see you next year.

Reviewed July 14, 2019

As older and first-time travellers to Bali, we have been so impressed with the accomodations here at Ohana Retreat Bali as well as the pleasant and generous hospitality of our hosts, Neill and Shelly. Modern, new construction, so clean and comfortable. Took advantage of the on-site massage room, eating at the variety of local restaurants within walking distance, and enjoying the nearby beach. The 360 view from the rooftop terrace is amazing, a great place to see all the kites flying in the surrounding area. Thumbs up!

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Shelly S, General Manager at Ohana Retreat Bali, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2019

Thank you! It was a great pleasure having you stay with us. Hope to see you again.