“Worth the trip. Will return when in town again.”

New Amber Indian Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 42 Restaurants in Moosic
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Southington, CT
“Worth the trip. Will return when in town again.”
Reviewed January 13, 2012

Imagine how pleasantly surprised I was when I found an Indian restaurant in the Moosic, PA area. Indian food is my favorite so I was excited to try it.

The service was attentive, albeit hard to understand. The menu didn't do a great job with explanations and although I know my way around an Indian menu, I didn't recognize some of the names and got strange descriptions from the staff. That being said, their recommendation was very tasty. I would have loved the meal if it weren't dark meat chicken.

Rated "very good" for the area, which is full of chains, a weird kind of pizza, and not much else.

Visited December 2011

pennsylvania
“As Good As India”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

My husband and I have been to India three times and we have not eaten better food than at the Amber. Their daily buffet is wonderful and they bake their bread in an old time Indian oven. We go every chance we get.

Visited September 2011
Pittston PA
“Simply delicious”
Reviewed December 14, 2011

New Amber Indian Restaurant or Amber has the best Indian food in the area. Anyone that isn’t familiar with Indian cuisine try some Chicken Tikka Masala with some warm Naan (flat bread). During the day they have the buffet but you can still order off the menu. After 5pm it’s the dinner service.

Food = 4/5 (great)
Price = 3/5 (good)
Service = 3.5/5 (very good)
Atmosphere = 3/5 (good)
Overall = 4 out of 5 stars

• Visited December 2011
Pennsylvania
“Exceelent Indian Fod!”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

We drive 25 mintues to eat here. Wonderful Indian food and very nice service!

• Visited July 2011
Troy, Pennsylvania
“Yummy Inidan Food”
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Went for the lunch buffet and we enjoyed it very much. My favorite was the Chicken Makhani (not sure of the spelling) and my wife's favorite was the Rose Ice Cream. Very unique tastes and flavors. Nice atmosphere. If you are in the area and like Indian Food, then I recommend this restaurant.