“Great!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Hatfield, Pennsylvania
“Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

First time visitor. Only wish I didn't live 2-1/2 hours away. I visited the Matteo's location next to the baseball stadium. Too bad a game wasn't going on - could have watched it from the parking lot. Great lunch!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Mister D

Mount Laurel, NJ
“High priced food for what you get overall”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Read the reviews but this was close to our hotel. Atmosphere was lacking. Bar, main dining room and outdoor dining needed work. Staff was pleasant.
Not a great wine selection or for that matter, beer or mixed drinks. Italian restaurant with only one Italian wine choice. Our bar tab for a basic chianti and martini was $16. Too high for what we got. All of the wine choices came in the extra large bottles.
Entrees were overpriced for what you get in atmosphere and amenities. Bread was ...okay.
Penne with meat sauce was $19. Same as some of the meat entrees.
There are many Italian places in the area to try. Won't be heading back anytime soon.

• Visited September 2013
Conyngham, Pennsylvania
“Hidden Treasure .... Awesome View”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband and I, along with my parents stumbled upon this restaurant! We were on our way to a baseball game and looking for a place to have dinner before the game. Every place around the area was very busy, and had a wait time to be seated. This place didn't look busy (which usually throws a red flag to me), but we took a chance and went in and were pleasantly surprised. The restaurant is nice inside, but the outside seating is even better! The view is awesome, and you can see the stadium (PNC field at Montage) from your table outside. We were seated immediately by the hostess who was very friendly, as well as the waitress who came over to take our drink orders quickly. Everyone enjoyed their meals and the portions are big, so bring your appetite. My husband ordered the calamari appetizer, which was large enough to share, or to eat as a dinner. He also ordered the antipasto salad for his dinner, which was smaller than he expected. The waitress or kitchen did mess up my order, Cheese Ravioli with the Marinara sauce. I ordered cheese and got meat filled. I told the waitress that I got the wrong dish, and she offered to take it back, and get me the right one, but I was fine with keeping it, as it was so good. The ravioli and the marinara sauce was one of the best I tasted, next to my homemade food. They have a very big menu, including a children's menu. The prices were reasonable and we will definitely go back to eat here again.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Michele P
Shohola, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful Surprise Great Food and Awesome View Fantastic Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

My wife and I visited while our daughters went to the movies. We decided to have a couples evening with wine and simply just appetizers. We asked the waitress to seat us outside, but was a little chilly and she graciously moved us back inside after we felt chilled.

My wife loves white and she had the best Chardonnay we ever had. My Merlot was good.

Orders the fired Calamari and Antipasto Platter. Both were perfect and enjoyable.

We ended up with coffee and a fantastic Tiramasu for dessert.

Again, service was fantastic. Will definitely come again. Actually planning to go this coming week with some out of town guests.

Can't wait.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Matthew F
“I think they're working on it.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

I was nervous before coming in - as some of the reviews weren't so great. My overall view: I understand this place is under new management, and they're working out kinks.

Food: Average to slightly above. Not bad at all. Had the Penne Vodka and Stuffed Shells. Perfectly good. Not rave-worthy, but nowhere near what other reviewers were complaining about.. And coming from an Italian grandmother, I'm pretty picky about Italian.

Service: Just fine. No issues at all.

Atmosphere: interesting. Not quite intimate. Music alternated between Italian, classic blue-collar pop (Billy Joel, John Cougar), and cheesy 80s. Lighting is a bit bizarre. Otherwise just fine.

Value: Here's where we had a slight problem. The place is definitely overpriced for what it is. 16 each for two pasta dishes is about two bucks more than I'd expect to be the max. Drinks weren't cheap. If they cut prices by 15%, I think they'd do a lot more business. Steak prices were insane - like Morton's level. I can understand that a cheaply priced filet can detract more than it draws - but 45 bucks? Come on.

Overall: convenient to the hotels and the ball park (if that's your thing, we were just passing through)

• Visited July 2013