“Nice Property”

SpringHill Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Moosic
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed at Springhill Suites-Wilkes-Barre on the way from Pittsburgh to Boston. We were not disappointed. It is an extremely nice property. Very clean and modern. Well laid out room. The breakfast bar had a great selection. The only thing that would have made it better would be more counter space in the bathroom. Would highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
SWBGeneralManager, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed all of the features that our suites have to offer. Please visit us again on your next trip to the area!

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre

Reviewed June 27, 2013

My family stayed two nights in June 2013. The room was large and clean. The first room we were given the A/C was not working, was promptly given a new room. When I needed extra towels, they were promptly provided. The breakfast was good and the hotel is convenient to I-81, restaurants, movie theatre and shopping.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I travel to Scranton and always stay at Moosic in one of the Marriott properties at the base of Montage mountain. I booked the SpringHill suites, newest of the 3 Marriott properties, in that location. i was really nice and I liked the layout of the new hotel. I made use of the kitchen and reallly relaxed in the room before I traveled to the retirement party I came for. After the party I watched a movie and got a great night sleep. That is the place for me when I go to that area.

Room Tip: get the upper floors for the view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
SWBGeneralManager, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for choosing the SpringHill Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre on your last visit. We are happy to hear you enjoyed all the features that our suites have to offer. Please visit us again on your next trip to the area!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Stopped here on the way south in January and liked it so much we made a point of returning on the way home in March. this is a beautiful NEW hotel and the accommodations are a cut above the rest along route 81. If you are in the Scranton area this is the the place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to review our new hotel! We are so glad that you enjoyed all the accommodations our hotel had to offer. Thanks again for staying, and we hope to see you back again with us soon!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

A change in plan brought us to this new hotel in Moosic, PA on our twice a year trip south to north. We were so glad we stopped here. The rooms are well designed all the lighting is terrific, beds are comfortable and the convenient microwave and refrigerator are great to have. The bathrooms are ingeniously designed with a shower head and a hand held shower (perfect for washing the little ones), the only item on my wish list not fulfilled was the quality of the towels,( though to be honest the towels at the aspiring Hill Suites in Moorseville, NC were worse.) all in all a terrific place to stay, and we have not even had the free breakfast yet!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
SWBGeneralManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our beautiful new hotel! We are so happy that your change in plans brought you our way, and we hope you will make the SpringHill Suites Scranton your regular stop from now on! Be sure you try the free breakfast on your next trip - Larissa takes great pride in her Breakfast and we are confident you will love it just as much as you love the rooms.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I took my 11 year-old son for a weekend of trains and to hang out. SpringHill Suites was the perfect place for us. The front desk (Shelbi) gave us a room to look over PNC Field, which was a great vantage point for watching the fireworks. The room was spacious and the bed was comfortable. The staff that we encountered was very nice. The breakfast buffet looked good, although we did eat there. My only complaint was that the shower stopped working on our last morning there. I'm sure it would have been easily rectified had we been staying longer. But we would certainly return to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing the SpringHill Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre on your recent trip to visit Steamtown National Historic Site. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and you are right about the fireworks - it's great to be able to view them right from the comfort of your own room! Shelbi definitely does her best to make sure everyone in the hotel has a great stay. Thanks again for staying, and we hope to see you back here again with us soon!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We have stayed at several different Marriott’s during our travels throughout the years. This however was the first time at a Spring Hill Suites. I booked a night in advanced and when we arrived for check in the lady at the counter was a little rude. Our plan was to pay with our VISA Debit card, which is where we keep our cash. We do not carry a lot of cash when traveling and have no need to use any of our credit cards. She informed us that they would put a hold on our card until the amount for the room cleared. When asking how much they were putting on hold and how long it would take, she got very defensive, because she did not have the answers. Her response was if it is going to be a problem then maybe you should use one of your credit cards. Needless to say I was a little pissed off, but it was late and I was tired. The hotel was very clean and comfortable and I slept well. They just need to hire some friendly people and train them so they have answers. I am sorry that the title got rude staff because I only dealt with one, but she is making you all look bad.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank bjplmp

I would like to thank you for staying with us at the SpringHill Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre, and for taking the time to send us your feedback. We always strive to exceed everyone's expectation, and I am sorry to hear that we may not have done so on your recent visit. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and the hotel, and I do hope you will come stay with us again so that we may have a second chance to show you just how great our service truly is. Thanks again for your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Moosic
Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#4 of 10 in Scranton
Courtyard Scranton Wilkes-Barre
TownePlace Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre
Hilton Scranton & Conference Center
Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton

Been to SpringHill Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre? Share your experiences!