“Fresh Seafood at its Best”
Review of Doc Magrogan's Oyster House - CLOSED

Doc Magrogan's Oyster House
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Shoppes at Montage
Description: We developed our classic 1900's Oyster House as a way to pay tribute and homage to the great tradition of enjoying oysters, these little aphrodisiacs. We have spared no expense to create an Oyster House that transforms you back to a simpler time of food, fun, and merriment, in a local watering hole. It is our joy to serve you the freshest seafood, the finest handcrafted beers, and a superior wine selection!
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Been there twice and the quality is very good. Nice selection of oysters. The crab cocktail is several very large lumps of crab. Just as it should be. Naked as God made it. The entrees are very good--not excellent--but very good. The raw bar is the real attraction. We had stuffed shrimp which was very tasty though not quite the same crab as the cocktail and pumpkin risotto with crab. Risotto was flavorful but the rice was a bit mushy. Time before I had tuna and it was excellent. A great choice for seafood. Very limited non-seafood menu so if+ you want a good steak, maybe you should check elsewhere. Service was very good.

Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

The oysters are fresh, the horseradish is hot, and the beer selection is vast. What could one need?
else else

Reviewed October 1, 2013

My wife really wanted to go here, so I endulged her. I am allergic to shellfish, so I am careful about going to seafood places that cook their meals "out of sight" and use the same grill.

That being said, ere are about four things on the menu I could order. The one I chose, the sirloin, was unavailable. Really? Whatever. So, the waitress tells me they will substitute the 6 oz filet for the sirloin. Why not, right? My wife ordered an oyster appetizer, and a shrimp/scallop medley.

Well, like the title says, my wife loved her oysters, and liked her entree. Kudos for Doc Magrogans for getting the "turf" right.

My "substituted" filet was over cooked, and literally tasted like turf. Very tough. It also cost me $31, when the sirloin that I wanted was $18. That's some substitution. No wonder they're out of sirloin. They make more money substituting the filet.

As the old adage goes, "happy wife, happy life." I'm just glad i won't have to do this again in the near future. A great place for girls night out, that way, I can stay home.

1  Thank tpr73402016
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

We had a free appetizers coupon, so we decided on an early dinner. I had the fried calamari appetizer and it was quite good. The wife had fish chowder which was also quite nice. I had my old stand by....fish & chips and the wife had the almond crusted tilapia ...both were quite good.
we will return.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stopped by when we arrived in Moosic and found the restaurant has an early bird special so we decided to try it. This chain is not available new our home. The service was great, our waiter was attentive and knowledgable. We ordered an french fry and cheese appetizer that was so coated with Old Bay Seasoning that the top was crunchy with it!

I ordered fish and chips and DH ordered the shrimp scampi. The fish and chips were pretty good but very salty. The shrimp scampi had so much garlic that it was only for those that think popping garlic cloves as fun. I love garlic so we switched dishes and I couldn't even eat much of it. In defense the waiter and manager both offered to remake the dish but we were too full to eat anymore. Someone in the kitchen needs to learn about proper seasoning.

I might eat there again but would make sure to ask to have the dishes made with light seasoning.