“Old school homemade authentic Italian food.”
Review of Nana's Pasta House

Nana's Pasta House
Ranked #11 of 42 Restaurants in Moosic
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 15, 2012

The food is very good. The service and decor on the other hand...... Servers are always polite but have (in my experience) forgotten parts of orders and are slow- the atmosphere is circa 1973, not dirty or anything just outdated. Anyway- the food is fantastic from homemade gnocchi to amazing sauce to excellent veal osso bucco (must try). Overall this restaurant is very good and very reasonably priced. If you haven't already, you need to try it.

1  Thank stketr007

Reviewed December 24, 2011

For us locals we have a ton of excellent Italian restuarants to chose from, especially in Old Forge. But Nana's Pasta House was always just a place I would pass-by and not even think about going to. That changes about two months ago when my neighbors suggested we meet their for dinner. I have been back 4 times since then and twice in the last week.

No doubt the place is dated and set back off the road and hard to find so your first time there you might be doubting the decision. Don't.

Nana is usually in the main dinning room making homemade pasta although that batch is really just for show. The pasta is made everyday and you can tell. For appetizers we had the long hot stuffed peppers and they were excellent with an excellent stuffing/filler. For dinner, my daughter loves the eggplant parm and gets it evertime. Portions are pretty big so you will have plenty for the next day...I think that was a special at 15.95. Earlier in the week I had the veal francaise that was outstanding, probably the best I have ever had, last night I had the veal calabrese. They will make the calabrese with sweet, med or hot peppers or a mix. My brother and I both got the hot version and we loved it. The roasted potatoes were done perfectly - crispy, and the veal is pounded so thin that is just melts in your mouth. I think the price on that was 17.95. My sister in law had the chicken strips in a garlic wine sauce and she liked them a lot. We had a full carafe of house chianti and my brother had two kettle one martini's. All meals came with warm bread that was yummy, side of homemade pasta and a house salad. More then enough food for all of us with some to tae home for the next day. Our total bill was $130!!

To summize - excellent hidden gem, plenty of food, great attentive wait staff, and the prices are right. Can't really ask for anything better. We are now regulars. My brother and sister in law from Allentown are bigger foodies then us and they absolutely loved it. Go and supoort this local italian restaurant that is located along the back road to Montage..is that rte 512

1  Thank PJM37
Reviewed July 28, 2011

The highlight of all of our meals was the homemade pasta prepared fresh! Their specialty Lucaya sauce was exceptional. The waitress was very attentive to our every need. My teenage son is a huge eater and he had a difficult time finishing his meal while my daughter and I had to ask for take-out containers! Overall, Nana's has exceptional food, exceptional serviece, and great prices!

1  Thank momdisney