“Fantastic place to stay”

TownePlace Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Moosic
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I had a room booked here for First Night Scranton and we decided to come up a day earlier. The staff at the front desk couldn't have been nicer. The rooms are big and spacious. We loved the fact that there was a stove, fridge and microwave available. There was a nice breakfast bar with waffles, fruit, cereal and coffee. This is a very quiet hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Heather E, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We greatly appreciate the feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I really dislike writing reviews that slant negatively, especially for chain or franchise enterprises. I try to point out areas for improvement, but in this case, the experience really left a lot to be desired. Firstly, I will compliment the promptness in which our issues were addressed. I felt bad for the night duty staff member, who was very apologetic and got us a different room quickly. I believe she got let down by housekeeping. So onto the issues. Entering the elevator, there was some kind of odor, maybe pet urine. OK, pet-friendly hotel, but this was exceptionally powerful. The carpet in the elevator needed a thorough scrub, and there were remnants of cheetos or maybe pet treats in the track of the elevator door; not a crumb or two, but a small pile. Secondly, it's been our habit to look over the bedding, and we were aghast at finding blood spots on the sheets - not just in one area, but it looked like something bleeding laid down and left small flecks of blood when it got up. Hairs were also evident. We were quickly transferred to another room, which seemed better. But on looking under the mattress, I found an empty prescription bottle for a potent muscle relaxant. How it got there, I don't know, and don't want to know. Something seriously slipped and the otherwise high Marriott standards were not met. If Marriott pays attention to any of these reviews, THIS would be one facility that needs a meaningful audit.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank OneNZero

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We always appreciate feedback whether it is good, bad or indifferent - as that is how we improve our operations. I would like to apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay with us. I have addressed your concerns with the housekeeping department; we will be using this experience as a training opportunity. I encourage you to revisit our property on your next trip to the area, I would like for you to see how we can exceed guest expectations. Again, I thank you for reaching out.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

We were in PA for a family wedding. The area is nice with the views and scenery.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom suite at the TownePlace Suites. The suite was very nice, clean and spacious for 3 of us. I wish there had been 2 sinks since it would have made more room on the vanity, but the 1 was fine for us. The bedrooms are next to each other and there's a large living area with a TV, couch, chair and dining table. There's also a kitchen although the size of everything is smaller than normal.

The only thing I didn't like was the heating system. It was hard to get the rooms warm enough. When the heating unit turned on, it blew cooler air into the room and onto the bed so I had to turn it off for our daughter and hope she'd be warm enough while sleeping. That's my only complaint.

The breakfast was fine. Cereals, bagels, muffins, danish, make-it-yourself waffles along with juices, milk, coffee, yogurt and hard boiled eggs. I didn't really notice what else there may have been to eat.

All in all, a nice trip to the Scranton area of PA.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ScoobyVA
Heather E, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and I'm sure other travelers will as well. We look forward to having you as our guest again when you visit Scranton next.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

It was my birthday weekend and I wanted to get away with my boyfriend. We chose this hotel because of the spacious rooms, the new look and feel of the hotel, and the location. It is located near many different stores and restaurants. We reserved the largest suite, a two bedroom guest room, while this was unnecessary, and I wouldn't reserve it again due to the other room going unused, the suite was gorgeous and well worth the price. The kitchenette is an added plus. I didn't really enjoy the breakfast, but it was a nice spread of items such as cereal, bagels and toast - if that is your thing. The shop for purchasing items was very nice, and came in handy! I wish the pool and hot tub were open for longer hours. They provided a small birthday gift and card upon arrival which added a memorable touch. One of the best parts, though, was the outdoor seating and the fire pit, this was a lovely way to unwind and relax after a long day or have a romantic night outside.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Heather E, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear Kaite P, We thank you for choosing to spend your special weekend with us. We appreciate that you took the time to tell other guests about your experience at our hotel. I am pleased to hear that our spacious suite, convenient location and outdoor seating met the needs of your getaway. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

My girlfriend and I needed a hotel to on our way to Canada. This turned out pretty well with its spaciousness split between two rooms. Most of the space was for the living room and kitchen combination making it comfy.

I expected more room for an extended stay given the few I have stayed in have been larger. The light coming into both rooms was great and it was fun listening to the fireworks at night.

For me, the locality to shopping, coffee and restaurants was a plus. We happen to walk up to the Ruby Tuesdays.

The entrance was nicely done. It was weird to find the place had wing elevators away from the entrance instead of central elevators. I suppose it saves on space and costs.

The morning breakfast was good. I didn't see it but what my girlfriend brought back worked for me.

Overall, it was solid, clean and comfortable. I happen to travel too much with time pressure to spend any significant time wanting to food shop and cook for myself to find appeal of a kitchen.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Heather E, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time spent in our two bedroom suite. Also, that our proximity to restaurants and shopping served your needs. The elevators were designed to be in a convenient location for each wing of the hotel. We appreciate your four star review and hope to see you again during your future travels.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Have been traveling to Scranton for business for several years and usually stayed at the Hampton. This was a nice change and the staff and facilities here are great. Very convenient location with a Starbucks and Panera within walking distance - just be careful they drive like crazy here! I have a client in the area and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Clean, comfortable and good value. Facility seems relatively new. Breakfast not extensive but adequate. Friendly staff. A very slow elevator had us taking the steps a lot. Fitness room and pool well maintained with new equipment.

• Stayed: September 2013
Heather E, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Bryan, I am pleased to hear that you found comfort in the amenities that we offer. We take pride in making our guests feel right at home. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Moosic
SpringHill Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre
#4 of 10 in Scranton
Residence Inn Scranton
Residence Inn Scranton
#6 of 10 in Scranton

Been to TownePlace Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre? Share your experiences!