TownePlace Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre
Econo Lodge(Scranton)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchenbedroom suitefire pitmontage mountainmovie theatergranite countertopsnice suiteextended stay hotelsmall kitchenthe breakfast areahome away from homevisiting familyfitness centershopping areaski areahot tubpull out couch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My girlfriend and I needed a hotel to on our way to Canada. This turned out pretty well with its spaciousness split between two rooms. Most of the space was for the living room and kitchen combination making it comfy.

I expected more room for an extended stay given the few I have stayed in have been larger. The light coming into both rooms was great and it was fun listening to the fireworks at night.

For me, the locality to shopping, coffee and restaurants was a plus. We happen to walk up to the Ruby Tuesdays.

The entrance was nicely done. It was weird to find the place had wing elevators away from the entrance instead of central elevators. I suppose it saves on space and costs.

The morning breakfast was good. I didn't see it but what my girlfriend brought back worked for me.

Overall, it was solid, clean and comfortable. I happen to travel too much with time pressure to spend any significant time wanting to food shop and cook for myself to find appeal of a kitchen.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Heather E, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time spent in our two bedroom suite. Also, that our proximity to restaurants and shopping served your needs. The elevators were designed to be in a convenient location for each wing of the hotel. We appreciate your four star review and hope to see you again during your future travels.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Have been traveling to Scranton for business for several years and usually stayed at the Hampton. This was a nice change and the staff and facilities here are great. Very convenient location with a Starbucks and Panera within walking distance - just be careful they drive like crazy here! I have a client in the area and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Clean, comfortable and good value. Facility seems relatively new. Breakfast not extensive but adequate. Friendly staff. A very slow elevator had us taking the steps a lot. Fitness room and pool well maintained with new equipment.

• Stayed: September 2013
Heather E, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Bryan, I am pleased to hear that you found comfort in the amenities that we offer. We take pride in making our guests feel right at home. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed September 13, 2013

This hotel is fabulous! After arriving in the area earlier than planned, the woman at the front desk allowed us to check in early, which we appreciated very much since we were traveling with a four-month old baby. I am pretty sure I booked a one-bedroom suite, but we ended up with a two-bedroom suite instead. The suite was really spacious and having a two bedroom suite allowed the baby to be sleeping in one room, while we could be eating or watching t.v. in the other bedroom or living room space. The kitchen was fully stocked with necessary equipment and we used it multiple times to heat up food and baby bottles. We definitely will be staying here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Heather E, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. We are very pleased to hear that our accommodations met your family’s needs. Our two bedroom suite certainly does provide enough space for family members to spread out and relax. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

This was the best room with a kitchenette I have ever seen.

Used every space wisely, giving entryway closet with another closet in bathroom, large tub/shower, great layout on fridge, sink, two burners, dishwasher and microwave. Plenty of dresser space and a TV that pulled out and angled for perfect viewing anywhere in the room.

• Stayed: September 2013
Heather E, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Tom, I am happy to hear that the layout of our suite met your needs. We appreciate the 5 Star review. We look forward to seeing you again!