TownePlace Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre
Travelocity
$122
$111
  • Pool
All reviewsfull kitchenbedroom suitefire pitmontage mountainmovie theatergranite countertopsnice suiteextended stay hotelsmall kitchenthe breakfast areahome away from homevisiting familyfitness centershopping areaski areahot tubpull out couch
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Reservations made months in advance, 2 hours before check-in received voicemail from out-of-state # saying they hade overbooked and we were now staying at another hotel TownePlace Suites by Marriott. Arrived at 4:15pm. Check in was 3:00pm. Desk clerk tells us "Room is not ready yet, at least 20 minutes more...have a seat in lobby, with 20 other grumbling guests...We hade a concert to attend, ride was arriving in 5 minutes!! Went back to check-in line, was able to at least get a key for room. I had no complaints about the room. The Switching hotels business was out of my control. We were also charged extra $5.00 for using a VISA card to pay for room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 3333sharon
Heather E, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Thank you for leaving feedback about your stay at our hotel. I do apologize that you were not able to check-in immediately upon your arrival. Our staff was working very diligently to get all guests checked in by our 4:00 PM check-in time; keeping in mind that everyone arriving was looking to enjoy one of the many events happening in our area that day. I definitely understand your frustrations on this matter. Our property does not charge different amounts based upon your payment method. However, at check-in an authorization is placed on your card for the amount of room and tax plus an additional $20 for incidentals. The leftover funds are released at your check-out. Again, I thank you for reaching out to us. If you have any further concerns do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I went to a wedding with my wife and stayed overnight on June 22, 2013. The bathroom had bugs everywhere. There were bugs on the wall in the shower and by the sink.
My wife thought they came from the drain.
In any case, no way I was taking a shower in the morning.
I told the girl when I was checking out but never heard from the hotel. I hoped they exterminated the creatures and had the place fumigated.
So much for the Marriott name.

Room Tip: My wife told me we stayed at this hotel and not the Courtyard. Please delete my review posted under that hotel. I don't know how to edit reviews while they are pending.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Heather E, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. We appreciate hearing from our guests - especially when you identify ways that we can improve. I do apologize for your unpleasant experience with us. I can assure you that we take matters like this very seriously. We have monthly pest inspections from a Marriott approved vendor. The issue that you described has been taken care of. Again, I thank you for reaching out to us.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

This is a beautiful, new hotel with friendly staff. Everything was crisp and clean. There was a warm and inviting outside sitting area as well. There's really nothing at all to complain about. We very much enjoyed our stay. Our daughter loved the indoor pool and my husband and I enjoyed the hot tub after the long drive. And the afternoon cookies were a nice, delicious added touch! We found this hotel in the coupon books at one of the PA welcome centers/rest stops. The hotel was discounted a great deal thanks to the coupon. What a great find!!!! If we ever head back up that way we will definitely stay here again!!!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Heather E, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear IAMRADTECH2, Thank you for taking the time to tell the details of your recent stay at our hotel. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed everything that we have to offer. We hope to see you again if you return to our area!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

After another long day of driving, this hotel provided a great night's sleep. It was a little more expensive than we wanted. The room was spacious and the bed was comfortable. The couch in the suite was comfortable and it was nice to have an extra place to sit and relax. The staff was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Heather E, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

I’m pleased to hear that our hotel served as a comfortable resting place during your long travels. We take pride in making our guests feel as “at home” as possible.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night on our way home from a weekend getaway. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our king room was spacious and clean and a good value for the price we paid. It had a kitchen area which was nice if you were going to be there for more than one night. Breakfast was your typical hotel breakfast. They also have a fire pit and chairs outside of the front lobby which I felt was a nice touch and made the hotel inviting. Would stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

We are so glad that you enjoyed our property. We really appreciate the four star rating. We look forward to having you as a guest again the next time you are passing through.