“Food here is amazing”

AV
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Service, atmosphere, drinks, and food.... ALL ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. Love this place One of my favorite restaurants in the world. You enter this place and immediately forget you are in Northeastern PA. It has a very cosmopolitan NYC feel. I look forward to my visits here. I highly recommend trying it. You will NOT be disappointed.

1  Thank XersizeMom

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This restaurant was rather pricey, had comparable elsewhere.Attended with a party of 7, nice service,friendly staff, clean place.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I are vegetarians. Our waiter was extremely knowledgeable, but our options were extremely limited. The risotto was decent, but a little heavy. Their capirinha's were meh, but their wine was delicious. This spot seemed like it would be much better for carnivores... I'm still on the lookout for a great upscale restaurant for veg.'s in the area.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

always great. the wine and drink selection is top notch. the service (all of it) is always exceptional. the menu is excellent. it is not the largest menu you will ever see, but everything on it is wonderful and don't miss their specials! i always try at least one special when we go ( soup, salad or entree) and i have never been disappointed.Going to the AV is a wonderful, relaxing, adult night out. They never rush you through your evening.It is not a cheap night out but always worth every penny. Francis runs a tight ship and it shows.

1  Thank Mary H
Reviewed November 11, 2012

It's good, possibly very good, but you won't walk out saying 'Wow.' There are 2 sides to the dining room: left and right. If you can, be seated on the left. The right looks more like a slightly upscale banquet room, not really a restaurant. We had the Calamari, Caesar and Bibb salads and Bolognese and Duck entrees. The Calamari was a little tough, and served with lemon aioli (the aioli was good!) The Caesar was untraditional. That can be good or bad depending on your preference. The Bibb salad was very good, and was tossed with a lovely soft cheese, but it was over dressed. The Bolognese was average, at best. I make much better Bolognese myself. The pasta was supposed to be Parpadelle, but it was so thin and so smooth that no sauce stuck to it at all. I honestly thought it was a wide Tagiatelle, but the waitress (who was actually a bus person) assured us it wasn't. I'm guessing then she read it off of a box. The duck was fatty? Weird I know. Normally in this age it's not, and if it were, you'd roast it to get all of the flavor. It was and they didn't so I cut a great deal of skin and fat from the medallions. What a waste. It was server with a very good duck sausage. The dessert was a flourless brownie, which again was good but nothing to rave about. Overall we paid (including a $50 bottle of wine) $150. Given the cost I can't say I'd recommend it.

1  Thank peter a