“Very nice, comfortable hotel”

Courtyard Scranton Wilkes-Barre
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Moosic
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Very nice, comfortable hotel”
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Great hotel. Has been updated, location is quiet. Plenty to do within minutes of hotel. Only bad thing is getting out of the driveway as it's hard to see.

• Stayed September 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 30, 2011

My wife and I stayed there this past weekend during Hurricane Irene. It was unreal weather for sure. The hotel was clean, easy on and off from I-81, unless you follow the directions on a GPS unit, then good luck (LOL). They are pretty off. The staff was freindly and provided an excellant tip for a dinner setting. It was a very comfortable saty in very bad weather. We will return when in that area. We were driving up to bethel, New York to attend a Stevie Nicks concerts and it was perfect for us.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
North Reading, MA
Reviewed August 24, 2011

My GPS, for some reason, could not find the Courtyard Moosic. I called the hotel for
directions. When I called for the first time, I was actually on the same street as the
Courtyard Moosic. All the front desk had to do was to give me very simple direction, but
told me to take a left turn when I had to take a right. I called again-told them some signs that
I was seeing-again wrong directions. Finally, a very nice man at the Hampton Inn printed
out some directions for me. If I had not had Marriott gift certificates, I would have stayed there!

The kicker is, when I arrived an hour later, frazzled and upset and told the staff about
my experience, I actually saw a girl at the front desk choking back laughter. One
of the staff members actually said, "Well, the girl that gave you directions is from New Jersey."

Incredible!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mountainlover46

Travelers are raving about these Moosic hotels

PA
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We (along with another couple) stayed at the Courtyard for a concert at Montage Mountain. We booked a king suite that included a pull-out sofa bed in a separate room. The room itself was very nice and clean. We had hoped to use the whirlpool, but that was out of order---the pool area looked nice, though. My favorite part of the stay was the cafe breakfast area. There were many healthy choices, a very friendly & helpful staff, and a nicely decorated area to relax with Starbucks coffee and the local news. The elevators seemed to be out of the way and not well marked, but everything else was convenient and well-kept. We had hoped there would be a shuttle available to and from the concert, but there wasn't...however, it was only a short drive up the mountain. It is very close to several restaurants, although it is not a safe or convenient walk to any of them---I believe a shuttle is available to the restaurants, though. Overall, we were very happy with our accommodations at the Courtyard!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vespersky
PA
Reviewed August 6, 2011

This courtyard is very nice and modern inside. Staff very friendly. My room was upgraded upon check in to a king suite which was very nice, spacious. Room was very clean. Bed comfy and nice pillows. Near shops and dining so convenient location. Looks recently renovated. Great outdoor patio both covered and uncovered areas with nice comfy furniture.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank travelmutt1
Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 1, 2011

from Canada. Nice setting, would be excellent in the winter with access to ski areas. Room layout was a bit odd with TV and bed in an unconventional set-up – mad it difficult to watch TV.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Holland, PA
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We stayed here for only 1 night inJune. The staff was great! The remodeled interior was really nice, and the rooms were VERY clean! The breakfast bar was tasty as well. I have no complaints about this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moosic
SpringHill Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre
Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain
TownePlace Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#4 of 10 in Scranton
Hilton Scranton & Conference Center
Four Points by Sheraton Scranton

Been to Courtyard Scranton Wilkes-Barre? Share your experiences!