“Best Hampton Inn in the chain”

Hampton Inn Pittsburgh-Airport
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Moon Township
Florida
“Best Hampton Inn in the chain”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I am a very frequent business traveler and am a Hilton loyalist. That said, I've very recently contemplated no longer staying at the Hampton Inn locations on trips as many of the Hampton locations are very sub par, dated and dirty.

This location changed my mind.

Wow, this was not only one of the finest Hampton Inn's I've ever stayed at, it's one of the best hotels at this price category of any hotel chain I've ever stayed at. Period. You get a lot for your money. The NICEST rooms in the chain. Well laid out, efficient and well designed. The lobby dining area was hip and had drinks, dinner and breakfast..which is unusual for Hampton Inn. But it was the staff that won me over. They went way over the top. Really through and pleasant. When in this area, I'll stay there again.

1 Thank mattymo27
HamptonInnPghAirport, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh-Airport, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear Mattymo27,

Thank you so much! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Our team works very hard to ensure our guests’ satisfaction and is elated to hear when our efforts have truly made a difference! I’ve shared your feedback at one of our most recent meetings and a number of loud “woo-hoo’s” were heard by all! We do hope to see you again soon and extend to you a sincere invitation to our next associate meeting! We love connecting with our Trip Advisor friends!

All the best to you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed during a trip to Pittsburg a while ago, found the hotel very clean, accomodating and friendly. Had an accessible room, one quest had a scooter, great amount of room to move around and accessible shower. Not all hotels have this for disabled people. Only thin was no papers at the desk or outside like to catch up with the rest of the world while traveling. Would stay again...no problem...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
David J B,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback! We are so glad that you found our accessible accommodations to your liking and both you and your guests were comfortable! I do apologize that there were no papers available to you. We do offer both a complimentary local option as well as the USA Today to all of our guests. In addition, we also offer complimentary on-line access to the USA Today portal! We’d be happy to walk you through the on-line access during your next visit and will be sure to have a good supply of papers on hand in the future! Thank you again for taking the time to post! We hope to see you again soon! Safe & happy travels to you!
Orchard Park, New York
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We stayed here for a cheer competition last week. Even though the lobby was under construction, there was no mess or inconvenience. They had breakfast & hospitality rooms set up down the hall and were restocked well. The rooms were clean, however maybe a bit small. We forgot an item and the front desk attendant was happy to help us. Everyone was very nice and helpful and pleasant. I would defintely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HamptonInnPghAirport, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh-Airport, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear DollySUeOP,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post as well as for your patience during our lobby renovations! We are so happy to report that we are finished and our fresh new look is … well … AWESOME! The area is much more spacious, our seating has more than doubled, and our separate breakfast serving area makes our breakfast each morning … well … delightful! We hope that you come back soon and check it out for yourself!

All the best to you and happy cheering!
Yellowknife, Canada
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stayed here upon arrival of my flight for one night before driving out of town. Very convenient location. Nice rooms and comfortable bed (important)!
There were renovations happening, but did not cause any disturbances.
Front desk staff was very friendly and fast. Rate was very affordable.
Would recommend.

Dear BenjiS,

Thank you for posting your feedback! We are so glad that you found our property to be comfortable, convenient, friendly, and affordable; exactly what we strive for! We’ve shared your comments with our team and do hope that upon your return to the area you not only stay with us, but stop at the desk and let us know it’s you! We love to connect with our Trip Advisor friends upon their return!

Safe and happy travels to you!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My fiancé and I are just here for the weekend with our 9 month old baby since he has work and we live over an hour away!! The plus to this is we were able to check in early which made it easy for me and my daughter, down fall is all I needed was his name and the key was handed over!! No identification to make sure who I was and if I was the person I said I was, and I used my finances last name for my last name! With as many crazy people out in the world you would think they would check identification and make sure for the safety of the guests! I and my fiancé were disturbed by this!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HamptonInnPghAirport, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh-Airport, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Please accept our sincere apology for your experience. We want you to know that the comments we receive from our guests are taken very seriously. I have addressed your experience with all of our associates and can assure you this is being addressed with the utmost of importance. The safety and security of our guests is our priority and truly appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact me.

Dayton, OH
Reviewed January 3, 2013

OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE! This was our first visit at this hotel but, we will be back! Not too many hotels exceed my expectations as far as customer service goes but, this one did. Tey were doing some lobby rennovation that i didn't know about because my wife made the reservations but, the folks made up for it in every way. They had some complimentary "goodies" as part of a "pardon our mess". All of the clerks were very friendly and helpful. We ended up leaving our vehicle on their "airport parking" and took the shuttle to and from the airport. Quick and easy!! When we returned, our vehicle was safe and sound.

We asked for a quiet room and again, the clerk did exactly what we wanted. Rooms are a little narrow but, furniture was nice, current and in good repair. All room facilities worked well and our room had a refrigerator which was nice. We also used the iron and ironing board. All in all, it was clean, restful and the staff was great! I couldn't have asked for more. Thanks.

Room Tip: The clerk gave us exactly what we wanted; i would talk to them...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HamptonInnPghAirport, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh-Airport, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Eagle Eye 64,
Thank you!!! We are always excited to hear when our guests have enjoyed their stay and most definitely share each post received with our team! We take great provide in the service and accommodations we offer and appreciate your patience and understanding during our recent renovations. We are happy to report they will be coming to a close within the next few weeks and look forward to your return so you can see our fresh new look! Thank you again for taking the time to post and we hope to see you soon!
Take care & happy travels to you!
Rostraver, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Every year, hubby & I visit our daughter in Texas. Due to snow, we stay over at a hotel that has "Park & Fly". This year we tried the Hampton Inn Airport, next to Pittsburgh International. Although we had been warned that they were remodeling, we took a chance & it turned out to be a good idea. They were great. The noise was kept to a minimum & NEVER at night. They went out of their way to provide extra "goodies", snacks, drinks etc for free. And the free hot breakfast was worth getting up for. Clean comfy rooms. And the shuttle was prompt getting us to/from the airport. "David" who set up breakfast was very friendly & hustled to serve us as we had time contraints - I think we even ate a little earlier than the 6 am start since we were down there. The only thing that kept if from "Excellent" was that they make no effort to clean around the cars & it has snowed while we were gone. Hubby is not getting an younger & cleaning off our car while slipping & sliding around was hard on him. Don't know if it can be fixed or not, but we'll be back anyway. Happy New year!

Room Tip: Ours had a microwave & fridge - don't know if they all do but it can be handy.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Traveling Grama 64,
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback after your recent stay with us! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our airport shuttle was convenient for you! Thank you for your patience as well during our breakfast and lobby area renovations; we are happy to report that they will be coming to a close over the next few weeks! We will be sure to share your post with David, as well as all of our associates! Thank you again and hope to see you soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moon Township
Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport
Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport
#2 of 12 in Coraopolis
Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport

Been to Hampton Inn Pittsburgh-Airport? Share your experiences!