“One of a kind service”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Airport
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Moon Township
Reviewed May 19, 2009

I just wanted to let everyone know that the service here is amazing!!! I had an issue with my luggage coming in from the airlines and they went the extra mile to keep calling them and got my luggage to me ASAP. Thank You! :)

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed May 7, 2009

I've stayed here at least four times over the last year or so and it has been great every time. The rooms (at least with queen sized beds and suites) are very large and roomy. The bathroom is big enough to turn around in and stocked with Neutrogena bath products. I enjoyed the flat screen television and comfy bed loaded with pillows. The room was clean and inviting. However, others staying with me mentioned that the room needed more light. Other than that, I must say this was once again a great stay and yes, I'll be back. Most importantly, with my reservation was a request for a room away from the elevators and vending area which was granted and appreciated. Room service is offered, there is also a pool, fitness area, business area and a nice restaurant (Jackson's) with a bar. Some of the tables in the restaurant/bar area are equipped with flat screen televisions. I really like that. Since breakfast was included in my room rate, I took advantage and really enjoyed it. Everyone in my party had a different breakfast entree they liked very, very well. Once again, I would highly recommend this hotel to just about anyone staying in the Pittsburgh area for a sightseeing mission downtown, passing through or catching a flight out of Pittsburgh International. One more thing . . . the Doubletree chocolate chip cookies are excellent!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2009

The Doubletree at Pittsburgh Airport is an attractive and reasonably priced hotel for this area. You won't go wrong booking here. However, I was a little surprised at the very high ratings given to this property. I had just come from the Doubletree downtown which to my mind was a five star rated hotel. This airport Doubletree is not at this level. Doubletree Pittsburgh Airport is friendly and inviting but in my experience not at the level of her sister hotel downtown.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2009

My trip to the Doubletree was an accident. I had a planned three hour layover in a Southern airport returning from out west that turned into a twelve hour layover. This eventually became an unexpected trip to Pittsburgh, caused by maintenance issues with airplanes. I asked my wife to get me a reservation at a Pittsburgh airport hotel. That way, she could come get me on Saturday so that I would not spend the entire weekend fighting to get back to Ohio.

She checked out some new spots, since we had not been completely satisfied during our last trip to Pittsburgh. In the Doubletree, she found a remarkable hotel, great value, and it will now become our regular spot to stay the night in Pittsburgh. We had not been inclined to stay over in the area of the old Pittsburgh terminal since the airport expansion and the explosion of good hotels near Robinson, and so we had missed out on this one.

Note to Doubletree management and to any Doubletree competitors - what clinched this deal was Derek at the front desk of the Doubletree. My wife likes to call the hotels directly when she is rushed as she was in this case. This young man was the most helpful of anybody that she spoke with, and he thought of a couple of things that she had forgotten to bring up. He also remembered her by name when I checked in. Everybody we deal with in the service industries should be that good.

Everything was excellent. A call from the airport got me a free shuttle ride at 1 AM. I shared the shuttle with a couple who always stayed here prior to catching their vacation flight and who were being delivered back to their car after their trip. (Personally, I would have stayed the extra night, in their position, since they still had an hour's drive to get home.)

Check in was a breeze. The rate was competitive with many lesser hotels in the area. The convenience store was adequately stocked with midnight snacks, and the front desk had toiletries to replace the ones in my luggage that were in airline limbo.

In the morning, I had a very nice breakfast in a very comfortable, but small, restaurant. Menu prices at breakfast are very competitive for the area. There are also a number of local options a short distance away, but you would probably rather have a car in that case.

Although I could not use it (missing luggage, so no workout clothes), I did check out the fitness center. That is very important to me, and the one here was more than adequate.

All in all, this is a great choice any time you might want a Pittsburgh area hotel, and we would use it even for a visit to downtown Pittsburgh under most circumstances. Free parking, and a pretty easy drive everywhere. I am not surprised at all of the positive TripAdvisor reviews.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2008

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at the Doubletree Pittsburgh Airport . I wanted to surprise my husband with a very special bottle of wine I had purchased for his birthday celebration. I called the hotel ahead of time and spoke with the assistant manager of Jackson’s restaurant. I explained the situation and he was extremely accommodating. We checked into the hotel with a very friendly and attentive young man, who showed us a copy of the restaurant’s dinner specials for the evening. He took care of our bags for us so we could proceed directly to the restaurant. My husband was surprised and delighted with the special wine service we received. We were impressed with the décor of the restaurant, the outstanding quality of the food and the excellent service. We were the last diners in the restaurant, but were in no way rushed.
We were equally pleased with the attractively furnished, well maintained room. Our request for a quiet location was accommodated, and with the comfy bed and fluffy pillows we slept like babies. Shuttle service to and from the airport was prompt and friendly. When we returned from vacation, we were driven directly to our car in the parking lot and assisted with our baggage. I commend the entire staff of the hotel and restaurant for the high caliber of the facilities, and particularly for the warm and professional client service they provide.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2008

We selected this property for the "Presidential Suite" that allowed for our multi-family to split a large multi-room at a single property to watch a Steelers game.

The top floor room was very large, has a large flat panel TV in the common living room with sofa sleepers for the children. The property is updated, very clean and comfortable.

Having an onsite bar and resturant is very convienient, especially before the game. More than enough parking onsite. On site business center allows easy access to print boarding passes.

Easy access to airport and freeway, yet no noise from either. Proximity to a wide variety of eating establishments a plus.The property is less than 45 minutes to Heinz Field.

Best of all, the friendly staff !!!!!

• Stayed: November 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 25, 2008

I would recommend the Doubletree for any traveler in the Pittsburgh area. The rooms are spacious, and the beds are very comfortable. The lobby area is nice, and little touches like free hot beverages all day and warm cookies upon check in were welcome surprises. We got a great deal by contacting the hotel directly vs. booking online. Our room rate included a complete hot breakfast in the on site restaurant, which was delicious and generous. The pool is a bit small, but there was rarely anyone else in it. The hot tub, however, is huge. Outside the pool, there is a nice landscaped patio overlooking a wooded area where you can sit and read the paper. Better than your average city/airport hotel!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moon Township
Embassy Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh - International Airport
Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport
Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport
#2 of 11 in Coraopolis

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Airport? Share your experiences!