“I got lucky with this one. Great end to a very trying day. Thanks.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Airport
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Moon Township
Reviewed April 1, 2009

My trip to the Doubletree was an accident. I had a planned three hour layover in a Southern airport returning from out west that turned into a twelve hour layover. This eventually became an unexpected trip to Pittsburgh, caused by maintenance issues with airplanes. I asked my wife to get me a reservation at a Pittsburgh airport hotel. That way, she could come get me on Saturday so that I would not spend the entire weekend fighting to get back to Ohio.

She checked out some new spots, since we had not been completely satisfied during our last trip to Pittsburgh. In the Doubletree, she found a remarkable hotel, great value, and it will now become our regular spot to stay the night in Pittsburgh. We had not been inclined to stay over in the area of the old Pittsburgh terminal since the airport expansion and the explosion of good hotels near Robinson, and so we had missed out on this one.

Note to Doubletree management and to any Doubletree competitors - what clinched this deal was Derek at the front desk of the Doubletree. My wife likes to call the hotels directly when she is rushed as she was in this case. This young man was the most helpful of anybody that she spoke with, and he thought of a couple of things that she had forgotten to bring up. He also remembered her by name when I checked in. Everybody we deal with in the service industries should be that good.

Everything was excellent. A call from the airport got me a free shuttle ride at 1 AM. I shared the shuttle with a couple who always stayed here prior to catching their vacation flight and who were being delivered back to their car after their trip. (Personally, I would have stayed the extra night, in their position, since they still had an hour's drive to get home.)

Check in was a breeze. The rate was competitive with many lesser hotels in the area. The convenience store was adequately stocked with midnight snacks, and the front desk had toiletries to replace the ones in my luggage that were in airline limbo.

In the morning, I had a very nice breakfast in a very comfortable, but small, restaurant. Menu prices at breakfast are very competitive for the area. There are also a number of local options a short distance away, but you would probably rather have a car in that case.

Although I could not use it (missing luggage, so no workout clothes), I did check out the fitness center. That is very important to me, and the one here was more than adequate.

All in all, this is a great choice any time you might want a Pittsburgh area hotel, and we would use it even for a visit to downtown Pittsburgh under most circumstances. Free parking, and a pretty easy drive everywhere. I am not surprised at all of the positive TripAdvisor reviews.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed November 14, 2008

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at the Doubletree Pittsburgh Airport . I wanted to surprise my husband with a very special bottle of wine I had purchased for his birthday celebration. I called the hotel ahead of time and spoke with the assistant manager of Jackson’s restaurant. I explained the situation and he was extremely accommodating. We checked into the hotel with a very friendly and attentive young man, who showed us a copy of the restaurant’s dinner specials for the evening. He took care of our bags for us so we could proceed directly to the restaurant. My husband was surprised and delighted with the special wine service we received. We were impressed with the décor of the restaurant, the outstanding quality of the food and the excellent service. We were the last diners in the restaurant, but were in no way rushed.
We were equally pleased with the attractively furnished, well maintained room. Our request for a quiet location was accommodated, and with the comfy bed and fluffy pillows we slept like babies. Shuttle service to and from the airport was prompt and friendly. When we returned from vacation, we were driven directly to our car in the parking lot and assisted with our baggage. I commend the entire staff of the hotel and restaurant for the high caliber of the facilities, and particularly for the warm and professional client service they provide.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2008

We selected this property for the "Presidential Suite" that allowed for our multi-family to split a large multi-room at a single property to watch a Steelers game.

The top floor room was very large, has a large flat panel TV in the common living room with sofa sleepers for the children. The property is updated, very clean and comfortable.

Having an onsite bar and resturant is very convienient, especially before the game. More than enough parking onsite. On site business center allows easy access to print boarding passes.

Easy access to airport and freeway, yet no noise from either. Proximity to a wide variety of eating establishments a plus.The property is less than 45 minutes to Heinz Field.

Best of all, the friendly staff !!!!!

• Stayed: November 2007
Reviewed June 25, 2008

I would recommend the Doubletree for any traveler in the Pittsburgh area. The rooms are spacious, and the beds are very comfortable. The lobby area is nice, and little touches like free hot beverages all day and warm cookies upon check in were welcome surprises. We got a great deal by contacting the hotel directly vs. booking online. Our room rate included a complete hot breakfast in the on site restaurant, which was delicious and generous. The pool is a bit small, but there was rarely anyone else in it. The hot tub, however, is huge. Outside the pool, there is a nice landscaped patio overlooking a wooded area where you can sit and read the paper. Better than your average city/airport hotel!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2008

Nicely refurbished property with an uncommonly cordial and accommodating staff. Five miles from airport with 24/7 shuttle service; 14 miles to downtown Pittsburgh. Clean, comfortable rooms with outstanding beds. Full-service lounge and restaurant are on site plus indoor pool, whirlpool and small fitness facility. Choice of restaurants nearby. Well-kept grounds are ample for walkers/joggers. Internet access is free as is parking. This hotel will not disappoint if value, comfort and hospitality appeal to you.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank NashvilleWslaughter
Reviewed June 6, 2007

I was very impressed with every aspect of this hotel. We were guests at a wedding. The Hor D'vours were served on a beautiful outdoor patio. The food was fabulous. They had a chocolate fountain which I can't say enough about.
Then, we retired to our tastefully decorated, modern rooms with the most comfortable beds in the world. The rooms also have flat screen TVs with internet and video games. The bathrooms were very "pottery barn" as were the rest of the furnishings.
We live about 3 miles from this hotel and are trying to think of another reason to sleep there.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed February 9, 2007

Completely renovated on the inside. Rooms with plush new beds and linens, flat screen tvs and new furnishings. The pool and hot tub area are very nice. The outside needs a bit of an update but we would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
Embassy Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh - International Airport
Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport
Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport
#2 of 11 in Coraopolis

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Airport? Share your experiences!