“A Lovely Stay”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Airport
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Moon Township
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I didn't use many of the things they offered but the stay in itself was nice. The people were very friendly. The service was very nice. The bed was incredible and it truly made you feel at home. I stayed for a reception and the only downfall was that the drinks were weak.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
jcarl, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We know how important the service is and the beds do make for a great night's sleep. We will pass your comments onto our staff. We look forward to seeing you again.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Airport

Reviewed June 11, 2014

I've stayed at Hilton Hotels most of the time and especially Doubletree and almost always been delighted. This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed. The hallway carpets were filthy, bedding a mess, towels had makeup not removed in wash. AC did not work and did not get fixed. Local management did not seem to care, did not even get out of his/her office to apologize. But corporate office made it right with us.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
jcarl, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. We’re sorry you encountered housekeeping problems. Dirty rooms are not typical at our hotel, and we appreciate that you brought this to our attention. We have discussed this with our staff and will make every effort to be sure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards. Please give us a second chance if you visit our area in the future.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Airport Doubletree in Pittsburgh is the best! As in our case. Our daughters wedding was held the weekend of May 17th. Even though the weather did not cooperate for an outdoor event, the staff quickly arranged an indoor fantasy and it went off without a hitch. Dawn the Wedding coordinator and all of the staff involved were welcoming and professional. We had great food, service, clean rooms and an enjoyable stay. Really consider planning your next event or stay at this hotel. We gave a thumbs up all around!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
jcarl, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Thank you so much for your review! We don't often hear from our events on Tripadvisor and it is so wonderful to hear that your event went so well. While the wedding would have been so beautiful outdoors, sometimes the weather just doesn't cooperate. We will share your comments with our team and hope to see you back at a future event!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We were traveling to the Doubletree Resort in North Redington beach Florida and had an early morning flight out of the Pittsburgh airport to Tampa. We have 2 small kids, so we decided to stay overnight at the airport to allow the kids to sleep as long as possible. We did the park and fly and everything was simple. I needed whole milk for the baby and the waitress at Jacksons went above and beyond to make sure I had enough. Cookies are yummy and we had a good stay before our not so good trip. Getting back from the airport to the hotel after our trip was painless as well!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank genie0120

Thank you for your review. We are so glad to provide you a comfortable easy stay before your trip. We know traveling can be stressful and strive to provide a great start to your trip. We look forward to having you stay again soon.
Thank you!

Reviewed May 26, 2014

I really hate writing this. But it really was ridiculous. Good:Jackson's was wonderful. The food was fantastic, and the staff overall at the hotel was wonderful. They were attentive from the moment I walked into the door - at least they tried to be given the constraints. I was disappointed by their handling of the problems I encountered. I was in town for weeks, and the first night they booked me into a room where they just steam cleaned the carpet. But they did not tell me. After driving for hours, and with my nerve damage in my back, I was exhausted and in pain. I took off my shoes, walked in the bathroom, and slipped on the floor catching my self on the sink - making myself sore. Literally within one minute later, the housekeeper knocks on my door looking stressed asking me if the room is OK and feeling badly about the wet floors. She threw down a ton of bathmats, so I would not slip. I just wanted to go to bed. After I went home, and checked back in for the next week, they put me in a room that had a weird odor (meanwhile, know that in both rooms, the bathrooms are tiny and the enamel is peeling off of the bathtubs). The man on staff who helped me with my bags said the weird smell was from them staining the wood furniture. I had asked if it was from the big giant water stains on the ceiling in my room. I dealt with it for a few days working 16 hours a day. But I couldn't take it after awhile and it got hotter. I asked to switch rooms, and they told me at the desk nothing was wrong with the room, but they would switch me. Someone else in the hotel told me that the hockey team had stayed there and messed up the floors, causing the stench. I don't care. I just wanted out. I moved rooms - room was fine. Meanwhile, I did complain about the repeated cigarette butts littering the foyer of the hotel with the empty packs. One night, the mess sat there for 12 hours. I go down to go swimming (the whole reason I chose this hotel for the indoor pool and my back), and a man is in there with his four little kids. My husband is in town for the weekend. Another woman is in there with her son. I go to change in the bathroom and find feces all over the places and the notice it is also spotted along by the hot tub. The other woman guest notices that there is food in the pool as well. She tries to call the front desk, but the pool phone didn't work. We have to get in the elevator and go to the first floor wet to tell them about the mess. When I'm back the last day, I talk to the manager finally who had been out of town about the problems, and he says he is sorry for the troubles and gong to provide me with some sort of package since I am staying there for two months. The next night, I receive a typed letter saying sorry for your trouble and here are three $15 gift cards for the hotel restaurant. By the way, that wouldn't cover one dinner for me. Maybe. I checked out the next day and gave them back the gift cards. I've been staying a mile away, and I've had NO problems at all. Clean, great staff, good food, free breakfast, clean pool, nice bed, gorgeous bathroom. And, they left a note in the room saying if I had any troubles they would fix it right away. By the way, I did not ask the manager to compensate me for anything. He offered. I am an Hilton Honors member.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We are sorry for your experience here. Please contact the hotel directly at 412-329-1400 to discuss your concerns further.
Thank you for your time.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Facility staff make every effort to accommodate both comfort and convenience. Restaurant food is high quality, service equal in efficiency and attention. Ideal for access to RMU. Will gladly return annually.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
jcarl, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay during your visit to RMU. We enjoy having the opportunity to offer a comfortable stay for you. We will share your comments with our staff and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Needed a place near Robert Morris University to attend son's early AM graduation. The rooms were large, clean, comfortable, and well furnished with a very comfy reading chair.The bathroom was a bit cramped for 2, but well stocked. The wake up call was right on time.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. We were glad to be able to host you during your son's graduation and are glad that you enjoyed your time with us. Please come back and see us again! Thank you!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Moon Township
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh - International Airport
La Quinta Inn Pittsburgh Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh Airport
Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel
Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Airport? Share your experiences!