“Good One Night Stay prior to fligh out”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Airport
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Moon Township
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We were traveling to the Doubletree Resort in North Redington beach Florida and had an early morning flight out of the Pittsburgh airport to Tampa. We have 2 small kids, so we decided to stay overnight at the airport to allow the kids to sleep as long as possible. We did the park and fly and everything was simple. I needed whole milk for the baby and the waitress at Jacksons went above and beyond to make sure I had enough. Cookies are yummy and we had a good stay before our not so good trip. Getting back from the airport to the hotel after our trip was painless as well!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank genie0120
jcarl, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Thank you for your review. We are so glad to provide you a comfortable easy stay before your trip. We know traveling can be stressful and strive to provide a great start to your trip. We look forward to having you stay again soon.
Thank you!

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Airport

Reviewed May 26, 2014

I really hate writing this. But it really was ridiculous. Good:Jackson's was wonderful. The food was fantastic, and the staff overall at the hotel was wonderful. They were attentive from the moment I walked into the door - at least they tried to be given the constraints. I was disappointed by their handling of the problems I encountered. I was in town for weeks, and the first night they booked me into a room where they just steam cleaned the carpet. But they did not tell me. After driving for hours, and with my nerve damage in my back, I was exhausted and in pain. I took off my shoes, walked in the bathroom, and slipped on the floor catching my self on the sink - making myself sore. Literally within one minute later, the housekeeper knocks on my door looking stressed asking me if the room is OK and feeling badly about the wet floors. She threw down a ton of bathmats, so I would not slip. I just wanted to go to bed. After I went home, and checked back in for the next week, they put me in a room that had a weird odor (meanwhile, know that in both rooms, the bathrooms are tiny and the enamel is peeling off of the bathtubs). The man on staff who helped me with my bags said the weird smell was from them staining the wood furniture. I had asked if it was from the big giant water stains on the ceiling in my room. I dealt with it for a few days working 16 hours a day. But I couldn't take it after awhile and it got hotter. I asked to switch rooms, and they told me at the desk nothing was wrong with the room, but they would switch me. Someone else in the hotel told me that the hockey team had stayed there and messed up the floors, causing the stench. I don't care. I just wanted out. I moved rooms - room was fine. Meanwhile, I did complain about the repeated cigarette butts littering the foyer of the hotel with the empty packs. One night, the mess sat there for 12 hours. I go down to go swimming (the whole reason I chose this hotel for the indoor pool and my back), and a man is in there with his four little kids. My husband is in town for the weekend. Another woman is in there with her son. I go to change in the bathroom and find feces all over the places and the notice it is also spotted along by the hot tub. The other woman guest notices that there is food in the pool as well. She tries to call the front desk, but the pool phone didn't work. We have to get in the elevator and go to the first floor wet to tell them about the mess. When I'm back the last day, I talk to the manager finally who had been out of town about the problems, and he says he is sorry for the troubles and gong to provide me with some sort of package since I am staying there for two months. The next night, I receive a typed letter saying sorry for your trouble and here are three $15 gift cards for the hotel restaurant. By the way, that wouldn't cover one dinner for me. Maybe. I checked out the next day and gave them back the gift cards. I've been staying a mile away, and I've had NO problems at all. Clean, great staff, good food, free breakfast, clean pool, nice bed, gorgeous bathroom. And, they left a note in the room saying if I had any troubles they would fix it right away. By the way, I did not ask the manager to compensate me for anything. He offered. I am an Hilton Honors member.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We are sorry for your experience here. Please contact the hotel directly at 412-329-1400 to discuss your concerns further.
Thank you for your time.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Facility staff make every effort to accommodate both comfort and convenience. Restaurant food is high quality, service equal in efficiency and attention. Ideal for access to RMU. Will gladly return annually.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
jcarl, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay during your visit to RMU. We enjoy having the opportunity to offer a comfortable stay for you. We will share your comments with our staff and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Thank you again!

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Needed a place near Robert Morris University to attend son's early AM graduation. The rooms were large, clean, comfortable, and well furnished with a very comfy reading chair.The bathroom was a bit cramped for 2, but well stocked. The wake up call was right on time.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. We were glad to be able to host you during your son's graduation and are glad that you enjoyed your time with us. Please come back and see us again! Thank you!

Reviewed May 14, 2014

This hotel is awesome. If you have a preference for a certain floor, be sure to make them aware at the start of checking in. They will do all they can to give you what you want. DoubleTree continually upgrades this hotel, and makes it more comfortable for the guest. The refrigerators in the room are a recent addition, and a great move for the guest!! I stay at this hotel everytime I went to Pittsburgh to see my daughter while she was in college for the last 4 years!! I can't imagine staying anywhere else. She recently graduated, so unless she gets a job there, I probably won't be visiting Pittsburgh much. I would definitely look into Hilton DoubleTree hotels when I go on vacation elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Wow! Thank you so much for the nice compliments. We are glad to have been able to serve you for the past 4 years. Congratulations on your daughter's graduation! We hope that you will get to return to the area and see our updates. We will share your nice comments with our staff. Thank you again!

Reviewed May 14, 2014

This was my first Double Tree experience and it was First Class. The staff was very friendly and professional. The restaurant was excellent and the amenities were first rate. The location was great for us with the airport nearby and plenty restaurants in the area.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for your kind review! We are glad to be able to provide a comfortable friendly stay for you. We look forward to your return and hope you get to see our newly renovated hotel coming soon!
Thank you.

Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is really in denial. They charge $259 per night, and they are in a decrepit part of town. Out of 5 surrounding hotels, two are abandoned, and one probably should be. Across the street about a block down is an "Adult Gift Store". There are three abandoned gas stations within three blocks. (one north and two south). The front desk told me it was a good part of town.

They only offer a Military rate on the weekends.

I was hoping that I could escape the part of town in my room, but the bathtub is frightening. There is mold and holes in parts of the caulking (that looks like a 5 yr old applied it). The tub surface is chipped and the very open drain had hair in it!

The bed isn't too bad but it's not great.

"The" treadmill is broken.

I would expect this kind of stuff at the America's Best Hotel next door, but I am relatively sure it would not have cost half what this did.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry about the impression you were left with. We are in the midst of renovating our hotel and will be completed in the next year. We do offer the military rate both weekends and weekdays, but it is based upon availability/inventory. We hope that you will return in the future to see our updated hotel. Please contact us with any further concerns.
Thank you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Moon Township
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh - International Airport
La Quinta Inn Pittsburgh Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh Airport
Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel
Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Airport? Share your experiences!