“Friendly staff, one of the better hotels!!!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Airport
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Moon Township
Brooksville, Florida, United States
“Friendly staff, one of the better hotels!!!”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

This was a very great hotel to stay for the night. Because we had children in tow, the friendly desk clerk gave us a handicap accessible room that provided a little extra room for the family. We requested more towels and a uniformed attendant came promptly with them. We also asked for the more towels in the pool area and for the door to the pool to be corrected (it was jammed). Once again, the staff quickly and politely responded. We had spacious bathroom with a roll-in shower. The 2 queen beds were very comfortable and inviting. We had use of the WiFi internet access with no problems and the kids loved swimming in the pool. At check in, we were given 4 large and delicious chocolate chip cookies to enjoy. There is an up-scale restaurant with room service until 10pm on-site. There is also a small area where you can purchase some snacks, drinks, toiletries, playing cards, etc in the lobby. The only downside was that a large piece of equipment on the roof of the building below blocked the view from the window. We weren't there for the view, so this did not bother us. This was one of the best hotel experiences we have had. We have paid this and more for MUCH lower quality hotels. We would most definitly stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 21, 2012

The hotel staff- especially management was incredibly impolite and unprofessional. We attended a wedding at the hotel and booked a room for the stay. The bath tub was pealing and the conduct of the staff at the wedding was embarassing

Room Tip: Find another hotel!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank HotelGuest405
Medina, Ohio
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Unless you would like to be kept awake all night, I would suggest the following: They are VERY aware of thier problem and were NOT surprised at all when I called to freak out at 6:45 am. We checked into room #516, which is smack in the center of the hotel on the 5th floor. If you listen carefully, you can hear cracking/ popping noises even during the day. However, at night, imagine: constant clatter sounding like sheet metal waving in the wind, coming from your cieling, walls and heating unit. This gets louder as the hotel grows more quiet for the night.

When I called the next morning to vent my frustrations, I asked to speak to the General Manager of the hotel. I was told 'he's not able to be located, but you are free to speak with our front desk manager.' While this lady was nice, and offered to move us to a 'much quieter room that doesn't seem to have these issues', I have two problems with this:
1) You must have known my room has this problem BEFORE you checked me in. Admitting that to me did NOT make me feel any better..... newsflash.
2) No offer was made to comp my room, reduce my rate or even give me a coupon for a cocktail in the bar!! Nothing, nada....zero. Just 'I'm sorry you didn't get any sleep the night before.' Lastly: the manager informed me that they are indeed aware the 5th floor is the worst, and unless they spend major dollars to renovate the old steam heating system in the hotel, it can't be fixed.....well, you're going to lose a lot of guests this way: people like myself that will not return. Maybe then the hotel will invest the necessary capital dollars to correct an unacceptable situation.

We stayed at this hotel because of its proximity to my daughter's dance competition that weekend. Let's just say that I will seek out the nearest Marriott for my next stay to Moon Township.....No thank you.

Room Tip: avoid the 5th floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Lynda N
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night and enjoyed it. The complimentary chocolate chip cookie on arrival was a nice touch. Room was spacious, bed was comfortable, bathroom was clean. The A/C unit was slightly noisy but not distracting. The indoor pool and whirlpool were small, but heated and comfortable. Staff was friendly and location was good.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank minx6469
Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I arrived at the Doubletree Pittsburgh Airport just after 10:00 p.m., and while I was on the shuttle bus the cheerful and professional driver asked me whether they should keep the restaurant open for me to have dinner (it ordinarily closed at 10). That interaction set the tone for the rest of the service I received during my one-night stay. For example, the check-in person (Pam, I think) was effusively welcoming. I was offered delivery of cold milk to go with my warm Doubletree chocolate chip cookie. I asked for a blanket to use instead of the eiderdown comforter and it appeared promptly. In short, everyone seemed to go out of their way to make my stay pleasant.

The physical plant itself is unremarkable. The building is aging but is well kept. My room was spacious but was equipped with a somewhat noisy heater/air conditioning unit. This didn't keep me from sleeping, however. The room was well-insulated from any airport noise and I slept just fine.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Dr-Jill-from-NH
Morristown, Arizona
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Staying here is your average hotel experience. Nothing impressive or bad in my opinion. With that said we have stayed here once before & had the same experience. I would return again & probably will just knowing what to expect.
I will share that this hotel is a ways away from the airport. Be sure to plan appropriately.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kellie Z
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We booked 2 rooms ( 5 people) at this hotel for one night before our flight. From the moment we enter the door to the moment we check out every thing was SUPER!! 6 STARS.
At the arrival when waiting to be check in, We was nicely greet it with a smile and the most delicious huge fresh home made like chocolate chip cookie. It was a nice touch, it make us feel at home. The Fireplace in the lobby, very nice staff at the desk, very clean and nicely appointed rooms, We where very happy with the choice We made it.
Lady who check us in was very friendly and so was the shuttle driver. We returned our rental car the same night at the airport and get the shuttle to the hotel, and next early morning we got free shuttle again to the airport.
We required a extra roll away bed and it was delivered and set up in our room few minutes after check in, at no extra charge. I will stay there again with pleasure and gladly recommend this hotel to everyone. Thank you.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank SummerItalia
jcarl, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Thank you so much for your review on your recent stay at our hotel. We are so thrilled that you titled your review "Home away from Home!" That is what we strive to provide, especially for weary travelers. We will share your comments about the positive experience you had with our staff and hope to see you again before your next trip!
Thank you!
#2 of 12 in Coraopolis
Embassy Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh - International Airport
Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport
Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Airport? Share your experiences!