“great experience!”

Dining options: Reservations
Louisville, Kentucky
“great experience!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

my boyfriend took me here on new year's eve for dinner. starting with valet that was ready as soon as we pulled up and staff that personally took our coats and hung them, we knew it was going to be a great dining experience. the food was great, the low lighting was romantic, and the service was impeccable. when the ball dropped at midnight, everyone got complimentary champagne to toast.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank yayitsyatesie

Pennsylvania
“Perfect spot for high tea”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I have been to Hyeholde before for a wedding and later for a dinner, but always wanted to return for tea. It was not disappointing. The setting is perfect with the Tudor atmosphere. Service and food were both wonderful. I had two pots of a delightful loose tea--a pear carmel--but there were many other options that made selection difficult. The savories included some of Hyeholde's wonderful sherry tomato soup, two pastry sandwiches (brie with cranberry and chicken salad), a grilled vegetable timbale (my favorite), and a small Caesar salad. The delicious scones (2 apiece) were, I think, cranberry orange and accompanied by pistachio biscotti and clotted cream--we spit one scone and biscotti and took the remainder home. We finished off with decadent sweets including tall whipped cream and fresh-fruit-topped chocolate moose, raspberry topped cheese cake, red-velvet cake, and a layered coffee / chocolate cake and cream concoction (my favorite). There was definitely more than we could eat and our server packed up the leftovers for us in nice little boxes so that nothing went to waste. I can't think of anything that would have made it better! For only about $20 a person it was a great value, too.

• Visited June 2013
western pennsylvania
“Fallen angel.”
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Tudor atmosphere lacking money from the historic preservation trust. Nicely cooked fish and veal but odd or overly intense saucing. Deconstructed salads small and so passé. Key lime pie(really a cheesecake) actually quite good with a fair hit of lime but not overly tart. Stick with beef chicken lobster and you will not be disappointed. Portion sizing seems to have gotten smaller. They need some background music. This was one of the "romantic" places to dine in the past. I just want to be able to love their food like I once did.

• Visited May 2013
Elkins, WV
“Fantastic”
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I found this fantastic restaurant on the suggestion of a fellow foodie while looking for good food close to the airport. The service was impeccable. The food fantastic. The crab cake appetizer was the best I have ever had. The pasta was perfect. The wine and liquor selection impeccable. 2 glasses of wine, app, meal, and tip for less than $100. I'm a generous tipper for impeccable service.
Wait- there's more.. The atmosphere is incredible. This is a castle like home. Drinks on the back porch by the outdoor fireplace, I've never been to a more romantic place.
I will be back. Next time I'll take pictures.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Oofies
Tel Aviv, Israel
“For special evenings”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Location and Atmosphere: A+++ superb place, like an English semi-castle, fire places all over.
Food: B+
a) First course: The wild mushroom tart- the portion was small and not amazing one. The Sherry soup was delicious but again the portion could have been larger.

b) Main course: We lamb shank, which was amazing and could be shared.
Elk, was tasty but not WOW. The crème Brulle was very good.
Wine: we took the French sparkling wine- Paul Louis- which went well with the food.

c) Price $126 w/o tip - $155 w/ tip