“Fallen angel.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyeholde Restaurant

Hyeholde Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
western pennsylvania
“Fallen angel.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Tudor atmosphere lacking money from the historic preservation trust. Nicely cooked fish and veal but odd or overly intense saucing. Deconstructed salads small and so passé. Key lime pie(really a cheesecake) actually quite good with a fair hit of lime but not overly tart. Stick with beef chicken lobster and you will not be disappointed. Portion sizing seems to have gotten smaller. They need some background music. This was one of the "romantic" places to dine in the past. I just want to be able to love their food like I once did.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Elkins, WV
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I found this fantastic restaurant on the suggestion of a fellow foodie while looking for good food close to the airport. The service was impeccable. The food fantastic. The crab cake appetizer was the best I have ever had. The pasta was perfect. The wine and liquor selection impeccable. 2 glasses of wine, app, meal, and tip for less than $100. I'm a generous tipper for impeccable service.
Wait- there's more.. The atmosphere is incredible. This is a castle like home. Drinks on the back porch by the outdoor fireplace, I've never been to a more romantic place.
I will be back. Next time I'll take pictures.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Oofies
Tel Aviv, Israel
“For special evenings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

Location and Atmosphere: A+++ superb place, like an English semi-castle, fire places all over.
Food: B+
a) First course: The wild mushroom tart- the portion was small and not amazing one. The Sherry soup was delicious but again the portion could have been larger.

b) Main course: We lamb shank, which was amazing and could be shared.
Elk, was tasty but not WOW. The crème Brulle was very good.
Wine: we took the French sparkling wine- Paul Louis- which went well with the food.

c) Price $126 w/o tip - $155 w/ tip

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank DrEmanuele1
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“In Love with tis restaraunt.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

I absolutely love this place. It is Beautiful & the food is Fabulous! The staff could not be any friendlier.I had Trout from Laurel Highlands & my husband had the lamb.Cannot say enough good about this place. Bon Apetite!

Visited November 2012
midwest
“I felt like I was in a European abbey!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

What a treat! The warm welcoming photo on the website makes you feel like you are going home to the abbey. Our server was very good and as it was a Monday evening there were not many people in the restaurant so it was hard to tell if our service was exceptional compared to a busy time. My guess would be you may expect outstanding service regardless of how busy they are.

We had a bottle of wine with dinner so our meal was on the expensive side. However we had Beef Carpaccio and Foie Gras Mousse for appetizers and both were superb! Our entrees were Prosciutto Chicken, Grilled Filet and Cervena Elk. The elk was served medium rare and was so tender you could cut it with your fork. It was served with mushroom bread pudding, heirloom beets and bordelaise sauce. I would definitely order it again. The other dinner guests both commented that their dishes were equally tasty and well prepared.
Every one of us agreed this was a special treat and a restaurant we would all mark high on our list of favorites. Go to Hyeholde Restaurant on a cold night and I think you will agree you have discovered a wonderful shelter from the storm!

• Visited January 2013