“Bring your OWN vacuum !!!!!!”

La Quinta Inn Pittsburgh Airport
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Moon Township
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I've stayed at this location on multiple occasions as a flight crew member & hair on the carpet, in the bathroom is STANDARD !!!! I even called in advance to request a room that had been properly cleaned & vacuumed and got the typical crumbs-on-the-floor, globs-of-hair-everywhere room. I am shocked that the local Health Dept. does not respond to the complaints on this property and assure that the rooms are actually cleaned. Desk staff, lovely. Breakfast, nice. Cleanliness of the rooms : make certain that you're feet don't actually touch the floor or better yet, bring your own vacuum or lint rollers !!!!! Yuk.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere, lovely reputable hotels just across the street ( unless you like carrying someone el...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank flynmum

Reviewed October 1, 2013

This hotel is located in the same area as a few other airport hotels and it serves it's purpose quite well. The airport shuttles start running at 4:00 a.m and they have a breakfast buffet that starts at the same time for early travelers. The food is your typical light fair, but it's better than nothing.
The rooms are clean and functional.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I believe this was recently remodeled because our room was really, really nice and modern. The bed was soooo comfortable and the breakfast in the morning was simple but good. Only a few minute ride to the airport. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica D
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Nothing horrible but nothing outstanding.

Staff was ok: They kept trying to check me in as another guest with the same last name despite telling them my own first name. Also the room had problems so they moved me across the hall. I felt bad for the guest who ended up with that room.

Breakfast was good: Not sure why the guests as this La Quinta thought these were the last waffle makers on earth but they were obsessed.

Rate: If you have membership in various clubs, make sure you sue them as they saved a more than 15%.

Cleanliness: The bathroom could have been swept a little better but no problem with amenities or changing out the towels.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Very nice & helpful staff, especially when checking in at 2am - the room was clean, the toilet/shower room was very small, but we were only there for a quick sleep, so no issue . Breakfast was simple but OK, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Great place to stay on a road trip. Clean and comfortable. Front desk was friendly and personable. I'm handicapped and the were able to meet my needs by giving us a room on the 1st floor by the outside door even though they were booked because of airport delays.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Based on the many positive review here on Tripadvisor, I booked this hotel for a two-night stay. This is the first time in many years that I have been disappointed in a hotel with such glowing reviews on Tripadvisor. I'll keep the review brief and to the point and I'll mention the good and the bad. First, the staff at the front desk was good overall. The young man that checked us in was very friendly and helpful. It was an efficient, quick and pleasant transaction. The room was as expected and very clean. Everything was in good shape. Although this is an older hotel, it has been well-kept.

Now for the downside. The towels were small and thin. I don't expect fluffy, body size bath sheets at LaQuinta, but I expect better than what this property offers. Housekeeping was another problem. The beds were made the second day, but the bathroom was not touched. The used towels that we put on the floor were not replaced. No new bath towels or hand towels were left for our use. The small shampoo bottle was not replaced. When we called the front desk to ask for new towels, they were provided within an hour. But, we shouldn't have had to make that call in the first place. The final straw for this property was that our requested wake-up call did not ever occur. Fortunately, we set our cell phone alarm as well.

I cannot recommend this property until and unless the customer service issues are remedied. It could be a great hotel. Unfortunately, I probably won't give it another chance in the future. There are a great many hotels in the Pittsburgh airport area to choose from if I find myself in the area again in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moon Township
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - Airport
Americas Best Value Inn - Pittsburgh Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh - International Airport
Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel

Been to La Quinta Inn Pittsburgh Airport? Share your experiences!