“I wouldn't make a habit of staying here”

La Quinta Inn Pittsburgh Airport
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Moon Township
Vermilion, Ohio
“I wouldn't make a habit of staying here”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Stayed there to catch a flight from PIT. I showed up late, 11pm, and the room they gave me had not been cleaned from the previous guest. I got that room after the hotel staff got done with their smoke break of about 10 minutes while I stood at the front desk.

They did change my room, and after I reminded them to change my wake up call to the new room they changed that also. I have some wood working projects at home to do so I was thinking of taking a towel to do my finish sanding with but I thought they might be too rough.

They do have breakfast that starts really early but after what I had already experienced I decided I would be safer eating some road kill near the airport, just kidding I didn't go down for breakfast because I was running late. I'm sure it was fine.

I would not probably stay here again but it was cheap.

Room Tip: bring your own towels
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Muskegon, Michigan
Reviewed April 30, 2012

This was a first trip taking out 8-year-old Yorkie on a long weekend trip. We really didn't have anything but non-pet hotels to compare with. GPS got us to the hotel without difficulty. The staff were all young adults (kids). The kid at checkout was hunched over and engrossed with his smart phone when I approached. The complimentary breakfast was the cold variety and fine for cereal and toast. Room linens and carpet were clean, but the air smelled a little "doggy". This was a mid-way stay and elected to drive 2 hours further on the drive home to miss this one. I thought the price $112 w/ tax was too high. See my review on Elkton, MD.

virgil
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We stayed here on our trip home from our vacation in The Carolina's.
This was a HUGE...happy surprise.. I was unsure when I booked this hotel as it had only a few reviews, but it stated it had new T.V.S so... I took a chance and I trusted la Quintas track record.I booked a king 2 room suite .....Upon arriving you could see it was an older hotel in an unsure neighbourood .... the lobby was immaculate and smelled clean.Check-in was painless. the room was HUGE with vaulted ceilings with fans and a table with 4 chairs and a well furnished living room with new t.v.,floor to ceiling windows. The bedroom was duplicated in size and had a recliner chair with another new t.v....best of all La Quinta bed and bedding ....so comfortable.the room was quiet too. The restaurant next door "Primanti Bros Restaurant" was a walk away and had escellent food and service.
We will definately go back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank cyndyvirgil
Lillington, North Carolina, USA
Reviewed April 19, 2012

we couldn't have been more pleased with the smiles and service both us and our four legged children received. they truly do love dogs at this place. we have zero complaints with this property. a couple observations though: the parking on weekend nights can be challenging; however, just ask at the desk and they will direct you to another lot (we missed it the first night). also, the rooms were nice and clean, just aged. there was nothing wrong with the room; however, you will be upset if you were expecting a newer hotel room.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 15, 2012

This is one of the better priced hotels in the area and is an excellent value for the price. Great if you are going on an early flight from Pgh!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 10, 2012

My stay was a very good one. The rooms were very clean, stayed three nights rooms were cleaned very well every day. Will stay there again. I have family there so I need a fair price motel which this is.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Moon Township
Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel
Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport
Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport
#2 of 12 in Coraopolis

Been to La Quinta Inn Pittsburgh Airport? Share your experiences!