“"Don't even bother booking a wedding here"”

The Rosemont Inn Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montrose
The Rosemont Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Montrose B&B and Inns
Denver
“"Don't even bother booking a wedding here"”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

I was a bride to be a few years ago and booked my dream setting for my wedding at the Rosemont. After having made deposits for the inn, catering, blocked rooms at every B&B in Montrose and around for my guests traveling in from out of town, printed invites etc. The inn sent me a letter stating it could not hose my event and returned my deposit. Reasons were not provided and I lost all my deposits when I couldn't find an alternate location in town. Not only did I suffer, but I had over 100 out of town guests that would have come to town for the weekend. All of the other B&B suffered as well. I had less then 8 months to start from scratch and completely replan/relocate my wedding.

The owner is a flake who overpromises and does't deliver. She is a poor busieness woman and based on how poorly I was treated, would suggest you visit some of the other nice B&B in town and nearby.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
11 Thank jceccacciDenver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Portland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2012

My experience at the Rosemot was almost identical to the most recent reviewer. The bed in our room was so hard and the old bed frame squeaked so much when one rolled over that I slept on pillows on the floor one night and my wife slept on the pillows on the the next night.

Morning breakfast consisted of a choice of sugar pops or corn flakes.....no I'm not kidding...oh yes, AND wedges of an orange. Saturday we did have pancakes and a couple links of sausage; still lame in comparison to other B & B's........or even most motels today.

Remember the school librarian that always used to tell you to be quiet in the library? You now know the manager.

It's a cute facility, but I'd obviously find alternative accommodations if you want a place to sleep.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank adam08
Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

I recently stayed at the Rosemont Bed and Breakfast in Montrose, PA. There are very few options in this town. When I looked at the website, it looked pretty nice, especially for an area like Montrose. The common areas are decorated with the usual antique like furniture most b & b have. It was quaint. I specifically asked for a certain room when I made the reservations. The owner said that wouldn't be a problem. However, when I arrived, I was given a diifferent room. When I questioned it, I was pretty much brushed off. The owner wasn't there at the time so I had no recourse.

The rooms have very little heat so you have to rely on a space heater that is either too hot or too cold. My major complaint is how uncomfortable the bed was. It took 3 days for my back not to hurt. It was the most uncomfortable bed that I have ever slept in any hotel.

Overall, the room decor was ok. The bathroom was nice. The breakfast for a b & b was just average. The sheets were probably a 50 thread count and the "blanket" wasn't much better. Even though I had some issues with this b & b, this is probably the nicest place in Montrose you will find to stay.

If you are looking for a nice place to eat, definitely check out the Summerhouse Grille. It is charming and the food was pretty good, too. For breakfast, I found the Stables to be a good option.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank pickytravelerFlorida
Fairfield County, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

Went for a family reunion and we had 2 rooms in our own wing of the Inn. Much nicer than I expected - great house with lots of room and big front porch. The town is interesting and charming (major Christian community). There's a wonderful little chocolate shop and great restaurant (and bar) in town - the Montrose House (think they have rooms there too). Unfortunately not a place for antiquing, but a great stay while visiting for a family reunion. Also, GREAT breakfast! Would definitely recommend if you are passing through! BYOB :)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank worldsanoyster
KS90
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2009

In town for work. The Rosemont was recommended to me.
So roomy, comfortable, clean, and hospitable.
I felt as though I was at home, but better.
Will be staying here on my next trip.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
6 Thank KS90
Hudson, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2006

Visited June 7-8, 2006. The Rosemont Inn B&B is a fabulous place to stay in Montrose, PA. The rooms are beautiful and well kept. It is so clean you could eat off the floor! The breakfast is wonderful and there is always plenty to eat. Amy, your host, is always friendly and helpful. We have been there several times. As an aside, Montrose, PA could be called the city of rhododendrons. Everywhere you go you see them in the beginning of June, beautiful and large. There are other attractions such as the Montrose Bible Conference, "endless mountains" scenery, and lots of interesting little shops. The website is: (--) and e-mail address is: (--).
Ron and Patti Klein

8 Thank PatriceK
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montrose
Holiday Inn Express Gibson
#2 of 2 in Montrose
Fern Hall Inn
Fern Hall Inn
#1 of 2 in Clifford

Been to The Rosemont Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!