“Worst hotel I have ever stayed in in the U.S.”

Motel 6 Montoursville, PA
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Montoursville
USA
“Worst hotel I have ever stayed in in the U.S.”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed in this hotel last year because frankly there are not a lot of options in Williamsport, PA, and the price was good. I will never again stay somewhere without reading the reviews in TripAdvisor! The staff were rude; the locks had problems every time we tried to enter the room; and the hotel was basically full of drunks. The "breakfast" was the worst thing I have ever seen put out in a hotel -- at least when we were there, it consisted of some stale bread and bad coffee. There may have been a couple of stale donuts as well, but that was it. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.

Room Tip: Avoid ANY room in this hotel...
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Sint-Truiden, Belgium
Reviewed July 7, 2011

Having problems with my credit card, they allowed me to stay. A few days later, after I had left, I was able to pay for my stay. I surely would return another time.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Poolesville
Reviewed October 18, 2010

My husband and I just stayed at the Super 8 on Old Montoursville Rd, Montoursville, PA, Saturday night, October 16th. The young woman on front dest when we checked in was very nice and accomodating. Room not cleaned yet but no problem. She went ahead and got us checked into system and gave us our room key card for room 303. We went on with family and returned to motel about 11:30pm. Hiked up to 3rd floor with our stuff-and room key would not work. Kept trying, kept getting red light. Husband went down to front desk and woman on duty came and tried. She was unable to get it to work either so used her master one to get us in and said any further problems she would let us in again. She then came back to room a few minutes later and said problem was fixed and our key should work now. Getting ready for bed-hadn't double checked the door yet to put on the chain and double lock door. Lo and behold if about midnight or so there was a rattling at the door and it opened, scaring us to death! There was a young man with door key in hand, suitcase, looking very confused as well as we stared at each other. He looked at the card, looked at the room number on the door and said "they told me I was in room 303". This "after" this woman had been up there and obviously knew we were already in room 303! So we have a key that does "not" work for our room and this stranger has one that "does" work to get into our room-and our room is assigned to two people-how does this happen?? And the guy on the front desk when checking out in am just seemed to shrug it off as no big deal saying "oh, well, they must have just given him the wrong key, he was probably supposed to be in the room next door." Great-maybe our key would have worked for his room and we could have just exchanged keys. Stay here again? Doubt it! Definite concerns for safety at this place. On a positive note-the king bed was comfortable and the room was very clean-the housekeeping staff very nice and seems to do a good job-which is why I'm giving it 2 stars instead of 1. And the young girl on the front desk at check-in was so nice and helpful. Should add, I have stayed here a couple of times before and no problems but it may be going downhill. What if this guy that accessed our room had been of a questionable type-scary in this day and age. Anywhere you stay, make sure to use all the chains and bolts available. I'm "not" recommending this to friends mainly due to the lack of concern about the situation from the front desk staff.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Montoursville hotels

Amelia Island, Florida
Reviewed September 11, 2010

We recently spent one night here during the Little League World Series because it was the only room we were able to find available at the last minute. We didn't have high expectations but this place was worse than expected. The room was dirty and we felt that we couldn't use the shower. The breakfast consisted of prepackaged snack food. The hotel is beside the interstate and was very noisy.

Despite asking for a non-smoking room, the room smelled strongly of smoke.

If you have a choice, go elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SunniSu
butler
Reviewed August 25, 2010

The hotel Manager/Owner was nice enough to double charge us for our room that was already 170 a night because of the little league world series. He also would not correct his mistake with my bank, he told me it was not his problem. The room stunk like some smoked a carton of cigarettes right before we walked in the door. there was sticky stuff on the carpet, the roof leaked, and none of the lights/ outlets did not work. so over all the super sucked and i will never go there ever again and i advise that you stay away! we had atleast 4 out of 5 costumers complain as they were walking out of the door to leave!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Central Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 15, 2010

This hotel is the dumpiest Super 8 I have ever stayed in. It's surface clean, so just don't look too closely and you'll be ok! The beds are like cement slabs, the lighting (or lack thereof) will make your room appear cavelike, and the walls are paper thin. However, there is a fridge and microwave in the room, the rates are cheap, and the hotel is conveniently located.

As another reviewer mentioned, the signs all over the place warning guests not to do this or that are kind of unnerving. Makes the owner/manager seem like a bit of a nutcase. The desk clerk is a step above surly, and will check you in pretty rapidly unless he is on a smoke break.

There are no movies on demand, but the tv does have a fair range of channels to select from, and the wireless internet works pretty well. The halls are dimly lit and do not feel safe. Everything is grungy and reused, from the envelope your key will be presented in to the info cards in the room - you can tell what the previous guests have eaten in the room just by looking at these items.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
PA
Reviewed February 9, 2010

I arrived and checked in Saturday evening, everything was fine, and the room was clean. Stayed in room 208. I left a few hours later for supper and when I returned the door to my room was standing wide open! I shut the door and went back downstairs to talk to the desk clerk. His only answer was that we must not have latched it when we left (we did) and it was impossible for anyone else to get in the room. I checked out and left. The next day I called and spoke to the manager Dilip Palen, he was incredibly rude. He implied I was a crook and a liar and accused me of finding a cheaper hotel when I left for supper so I just wanted out of the room here (I passed many many cheaper hotels/motels on the way into town, and lucky for me decided to go with the super 8). After a very heated argument he finally agreed to refund my money. I told him the soonest I could make it was Monday evening at 6:30 and he assured me he would be there to refund the money. Drove an hour and ahalf to arrive there Monday evening at 6:30pm, and no manager. The same desk clerk from Saturday evening was there and said the manager told him to only refund half my money. He told me the manager had gone for the day and refused to call him. They decided they were only refunding half my money because the room was "used". Well if I had only know my room would be broken in to I would have stood in one spot with my hands to my sides and not touched a thing! The National Super 8 customer service gave me the man's name (Dilip Patel) and information gave me his home #. I called and left him several messages and told him I was rthere waiting and waiting an hour and never heard from him, I wasted a total of 4 hours and at least have a tank of gas to have the coward hide from me. I called him this morning and again was told they will only refund half the money because the room was used. He also gave me all sorts of grief because I called him at home. Too bad for him I acquired the information legitimately and there is no law saying I can't call him. They have no security cameras to back up my story and when I asked them to read the lock to see who was in the room they had no idea what I was talking about. I filed a complaint with Super 8 as soon as I hung up the phone with him and will be filing a complaint with the BBB also.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank evelynmae
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montoursville
Best Western Williamsport Inn
#11 of 14 in Williamsport
Genetti Hotel & Suites
Genetti Hotel & Suites
#4 of 14 in Williamsport

Been to Motel 6 Montoursville, PA? Share your experiences!