“Nice idea, great views.”

Pier 87 Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Montoursville, Pennsylvania
“Nice idea, great views.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

The fried banana peppers are really good as are the wings. The portion sizes are huge for the price. The menu is lacking something. We usually "settle" and aren't amazed by what we get. IF you can get a seat outside it is very nice- inside is very loud if they are busy.

• Visited March 2014

York, Pennsylvania, United States
“Spring on the Loyalsock”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

Stopped for lunch while passing by...newly rebuilt after the flood in 2011 & very nice. Good food & great view. Watched several pairs of Hooded Mergansers on the beautiful Loyalsock. Will stop here again on our next trip up 87.

Ocean City, Maryland
“Simply Wonderful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

What a great job the owners did remodeling after the flood! The setting, on the banks of a beautiful creek, can't be beaten. The interior is attractive and extremely interesting. Animal trophies and outdoor sporting items adorn every area including canoes hanging from the ceilings.
There is a large bar and two large dining rooms. An outside deck and Tiki Bar are perfect for good weather relaxing.
The food is outstanding. You have to try their nochos with hot cheese and peppers. The drinks were very good and included a fair selection of beers. Their prices are more than reasonable. The staff could not have been more accommodating and friendly. This is a must stop when in the area. This is one of the nicest restaurants in the area.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank denmiller2003
Lock Haven, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

My best friend took me to Pier 87 in March, 2013, for my birthday. We had an amazing time. The service was very exceptional. After managing restaurants in the past, I'm very picky when it comes to service and ticket time, etc. I was very pleased and impressed by the staff. The food was also outstanding. The only time I really eat seafood is when I go to dinner. We had an amazing time. The atmosphere is fantastic, it does get slightly loud around busy dinner time, which is to be completely expected. Love this place!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Becky W
McEwensville, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

was excited to try this place , I had heard great things .nice atmosphere .but food was just ok, We make better steaks at home!! also celing fan above me had me freezing when I left I men tioned it to waiter but I guess he was to busy, prob wont go back !

• Visited November 2013