“HORRIBLE”

Rodeway Inn Conference Center
Reading, Pennsylvania, United States
“HORRIBLE”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I Headed bedroom and get that was bad smell was overwhelming. bedding was burned with cigarettes. The door was almost close possible it can be. tub was dirty in al edges. Pillows had a bad smell like a sweat. and I get to complete and comes out a person with a huge dog walking the sidewalk.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Belinda R
GMpa335, Manager at Rodeway Inn Conference Center, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Hi Belinda,

I apologize for the conditions you describe in your review. I would like to discuss this matter with you. My staff and I would have preferred to address your concerns during your stay. I consider the the comments of our guests with high regard and seek to take any and all opportunities to provide positive guest satisfaction. PLease contact me if I can be of service to you.

Jack Pickersgill, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Bronx, New York
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I am guessing some rooms are in better condition than others. The room we stayed in had mold in the bathroom. The reason for the mold was apparent when we showered: the fan made noise like it was running but was completely ineffective and the shower curtain was crooked, so it didn't keep the water in the shower. The toilet wasn't properly attached to the floor (it rocked, not in the good way) and the towel rack was comically cockeyed. There were holes in the wall above the bed, very sloppily patched with something that looked like paste. The plumbing clanged throughout the night. The doors to the rooms close very loudly, and we were awakened at 4 am by people opening and closing doors nearby. That went on for more than an hour. When we left no one was at the front desk where there was a scrap of paper with a note indicating we should leave our keys and write our room number on the scrap.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Beth S
GMpa335, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Conference Center, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Beth S:

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Rodeway Inn Conference Center.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding your room's condition and customer service on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with all our departments to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Montgomeryville.

Kind Regards,

Jack Pickersgill
Rodeway Inn Montgomeryville
215-699-8800

Travelers are raving about these Montgomeryville hotels

morganville NJ
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Perhaps Montgomeryville, like Pottstown is on the fringe of Philly or some kind of corporate area as motels on pricey side there. Adequate king room - clean, some modern fixtures, older desk and coat closet. They indicate online if the room is best for 2-3 or 4-5. Not a lot of TV channels, lineup didn't match guide on top of TV and no ESPN in March! plus some channels fuzzy (see photo). Maybe because it's part of Choice Hotels now adds to the price. Didn't have a dog along but noted a $25 fee. Took the advice to get a room in the "U". Left before breakfast as usual. Signage could be better at night. Overall nice enough but a little more than I'd want to pay for this room.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank dogtired2010
GM-PA335RI, Manager at Rodeway Inn Conference Center, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thanks for taking some time to share your experience. We appreciate the feed back. We have replaced a number of television receivers to improve the reception and we do our best to keep our rates lower then the other hotels in the area.
Milan, Italy
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I checked in to this place, now called Rodeway Inn, and after seeing the condition of the room i left. First, i had asked for a room with fridge & microwave. I was told price was $69. I get there & i'm told it would be $10 extra for the fridge & micro. The room was shabby & soooo outdated. The microwave had crusted food inside & the fridge smelled terrible. The room had a very strong smell of urine. I was told that since i was a female traveling alone they would put me close to reception. I asked if they had problems there & they said, no, we have the cops around all the time. Hmmmm? After seeing the condition of the room, i promptly left. The lady at reception was very kind, cancelled my reservation, & refunded me. I guess she's used to people leaving after they see the terrible accomodations! I would not recommend this place!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Lillyput918
Your feedback is most appreciated. Please accept my apologies for the shortcomings you noticed. I have reviewed your concerns with our housekeeping staff and taken measures to prevent these sorts of things from happening.
Since our property is rather spread out, our policy to offer preferred locations to single female and elderly guest is usually appreciated as a courtesy.
Our positive relationship with the local authorities has proven to be a mutually agreeable arrangement to prevent and deter undesirable activity on or around the premises.
Thank You.
Allendale, New Jersey
Reviewed January 21, 2013

place to flop, things looking outdated-but as mentioned by others here, the beds are actually comfortable and there are a couple of smoking rooms for us throwbacks. As average can be is where this place is at, didn't have any experiences like others of infestation, etc. Door access key system is outdated, I bet there is a hack for it somewhere out there.

Room Tip: away from the road makes a huge difference