“Out of all big chain steak houses...this is the one for me.”
Review of Texas Roadhouse

Texas Roadhouse
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hatfield, Pennsylvania
“Out of all big chain steak houses...this is the one for me.”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

First, you get to pick your cut of meat...that is a nice little touch. Second, they have bone in Rib Eye. My favorite cut.
Third, your kids (or you) can throw peanuts on the floor. (Don't come if your allergic to peanuts!

Nice selection of Chicken options for wife who isn't a huge beef eater.

Nice discounts and early bird specials.

For my money...this is a much better deal than Outback, Long Horn, Applebee / TGI (for Steak)...etc.

Nice atmosphere and very kid friendly. It's not a Morton's or a Capitol Grill, but its darn good steak, a decent price and a nice family friendly atmosphere. It is my go to casual chain steak place.

Visited July 2012

Penna
“.Great place for ribeyes!”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We come here often for steak. They are always well cooked. The wait staff is always pleasant. The restaurant does get crowded. I would recomend taking advantage of the "call ahead seating". Not all resturants offer this. It also gets noisy, but it seems to me its the result of families having a great time. The one thing that will keep me coming back is the consistency of the quality of food and this restaurant has it.

• Visited June 2012
Horsham, Pennsylvania
“Fresh Bread made onsite/Perfect size portions.”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Nothing better than bread fresh from the oven. Also one of the first places we ate that offered the same steak in three different sizes and prices to match.

Visited March 2012
Chalfont, Pennsylvania
“Ok food, LOUSY service”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I've been to the Texas Roadhouse a couple times and am never unduly impressed with it. It is extremely loud and gets louder when they sing and dance, sorry I want to eat in peace not have people stomping around in front of my table and shouting at me. The food is ok, tends to be spicier than I care for and I find the peanut shells on the floor just dirty. The hot fresh rolls with cinnamon butter are the best part, I could make a meal of them and the last time I ate at Texas Roadhouse, that was what I had to do because that was all we were ever served by our horrible waiter.

My step-dad and I took my mom there for her birthday and were seated. We ordered drinks, were given rolls and our entree order was taken. Then our waiter vanished. Service here is usually slow, they are to concerned with dancing and singing, but twenty minutes went by and no salads appeared. People seated after us, with different servers, got their entrees and still nothing. None of the other servers even asked us what was going on as we sat their with empty glasses and no plates; they ignored us.

Finally my step-dad flagged one of the servers down and she went to find our missing waiter. It turns out, he never placed our order with the kitchen and without being buzzed to come get our food completely forgot he had our table. Nice. He promised to send the manage over and that took another 15 minutes during which no food managed to arrive.

The manager spent all of 5 seconds with us and said he'd see about our food. No offer of comps. Some wilted salads did come out, but ten minutes after they were done, we still didn't have our entrees. No one told the kitchen angry neglected customers were waiting, they treated our order like it was brand new and not a rush. So much for involving the manager. The waiter didn't even come to clear the salad plates or refresh drinks. When another ten minutes went by and there was no sign of our server or our food, we left.

On the way out my step-dad stopped to tell the manager we were leaving and he seemed confused as to who we were. We reminded him and pointed out that we still hadn't gotten our food nearly an hour after being seated. The manager "kindly" offered not to charge us for our one drink apiece, the wilted salads and the free rolls. Good thing because we had no intention of paying. Where was the apology? Vouchers to come back (ha!) another day? Nothing. I wrote to their corporate office giving names dates and times, but got nothing in return. I'll never go back.

• Visited January 2012
Perkasie, Pennsylvania
“Fun place for dinner”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Great atmosphere and good food. My only complaint is the food can be a little salty-ask your server for no salt where possible.

Visited March 2012