All reviews front desk premium room rabbit ears room was clean pa turnpike staff was very friendly and helpful mini fridge easy access definitely stay here again nice stay beverly madonna motel pittsburgh carpet vending key
Selected filters
Reviewed September 25, 2016

Once again I was in Pittsburgh visiting friends for a weekend. Based on a previous enjoyable stay here in 2014, this was the first hotel I looked at online. When I found a room at a good price, I was confident in making the reservation, and once again had a very good stay! It's a basic hotel (no indoor pool, fitness center, hot breakfast, "business center", etc.) but that's all I needed.The room and linens were clean, bathroom was clean (towels even smelled clean), and the bed was very comfortable. Front desk staff was very helpful both at check-in and departure. Free Wi-Fi worked great, and was easy to use. One minor complaint: the elevator was undergoing renovations, and the floor was torn up, and had a sticky glue all over it. Hopefully by the time this is published, that will all be fixed. I've stayed here twice in two years now, and will keep coming back when I'm in the area, based on my positive experience(s).

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
RedMonroeville, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh East - Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2016

Greg1952,
Thank you very much for being a repeat guest in our Red Roof PLUS+ hotel and for telling us how much you enjoyed your stay. It is a pleasure to have you staying with us whenever you are traveling to Monroeville Pa. I will certainly share your comments with the rest of our team. We may be a two star hotel, but there is no reason all of us cannot deliver five star service to our valued guests. It is our goal to not only meet all of your expectations, but to exceed them. I also wanted to let you know that our elevator has been fixed.

We are glad you are definitely going to return and stay with us again. Hope to see you back here very soon!

Reviewed September 21, 2016

We have stayed here many times and it is always clean. It is convenient to our destination and close to shopping and restaurants. The prices are reasonable and we have had a good overall experience here. I would recommend staying here. We like the fact that the floors are not carpeted, they are easier to keep clean.

Room tip: Some rooms have microwaves and refrigerators and some don't.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

I want to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We work very hard every day to make sure our guests have a comfortable, clean room, and overall a good experience.

I hope you have enrolled in our RediCard program and if you haven't yet I invite you to do it , that way you can start accumulating points towards free nights. It is a great loyalty program because besides of earning free nights you can get other benefits like a bottle of water at check in, free upgrades when available.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed September 21, 2016 via mobile

The room was nicely renovated and had a modern look. The bathroom, bed, and refrigerator were all spotless! Even the scent of the room was inviting. The staff was quick and very friendly. I will choose the Red Roof the next time I stay in the area.

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank TheCreatureOfHamburg

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at our inn. I am happy that the staff was able to provide you with great service. We want you all to always feel welcomed when staying with us. A clean comfortable room at a reasonable price is what we want all of our guests to receive so I am happy that we were able to deliver that to you all during your stay. Please know that we value you as a guest and appreciate your feedback.

Next time you are in town I invite you to stay in one of our premium rooms and enjoy our deluxe bedding package, snack box, extra towels, extra pillow and Seattle's best coffee.

Thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 19, 2016 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights fora planned family weekend to The Pittsburgh Zoo/Aquarium and the National Aviary. The rooms seemed nicely renovated, which was a big plus. However, whatever fruity air freshener was used was so overpowering it burned our eyes and throats. We had to let the door open to "air out" a bit.

We had our 2 kids with us (ages 7 and 3) so I thought it would be nice that we had a room all the way at the end...not so much. Even though the rooms were advertised as "100% Smoke Free", the 'smokers pole' ashtray thing was on the corner, right by our room. Pretty much every time we left our room we walked into a cloud of smoke. Plus, while in our room I could smell it (perhaps the reason for the overbearing air freshener?!). Additionally, we could hear the conversations happening outside on the balcony above and below us, and in the room next door. I know that's fairly common among motels, but at 1am, it's quite frustrating when trying to sleep. Or hoping that the outbursts of yelling and laughter don't wake up your kids.

Beds were absolutely uncomfortable. Pillows were flat and lifeless, and I still have kinks in my back 2 days later from the mattress.

Overall, I'm glad the room was clean and the proximity to the city is ideal, but I wouldn't stay here again.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2016 via mobile

Friendly staff & spacious rooms. My Family & I had a nice stay. Right near the parkway and good restaurants close by modern style room granite counters very very nice soft plush beds and very convenient to everything

Trip type: Traveled with family