“Ok for one night.”

Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh Monroeville
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Monroeville
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The room was average or slightly below average. There was no coffee maker in the room. But there was coffee in the lobby (I can not atest to its freshness).
Security latch on the door was loose. Like it had been forced open at one time.
While room had two double beds they only had enough towels for two people.
This was an Ok place to spent the night but I would not select this hotel if I was on a business trip stay multipul nights.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Wil L
RedMonroeville, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Pittsburgh E - Monroeville Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the issues with the in room door latch. This matter will be looked into and replaced immediately.

I would like you to know that our hotel is under a complete renovation. This means that the rooms will be completely renovated with new furniture and fixtures. This renovation will be complete in the spring of 2013. As of right now and after completion of the renovation our two double bed rooms do not have coffee machines in the room, however this is something we are looking into for the near future.
I would like to thank you again for taking the time to complete the “trip advisor” response and I would also like to invite you back this spring to experience our newly renovated rooms!

Very truly yours,

Pittsburgh E - Monroeville

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stay here every year while attending a military antique show. The location is nice, but parking has a lot to be desired. Some fixtures in the room needed repair, but it was still a nice stay. It is still the most expensive Red Roof Inn I have ever stayed at, but that is probably because of the weekend being booked for the show. Lots of foot traffic coming and going along the cat walks. Very pleasant desk staff. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Try and get room on ground floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Marc C

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Pittsburgh E - Monroeville Red Roof. We are always happy to hear from our guests that we delivered in the customer service area!

I would like you to know that our hotel is under a complete renovation. This means that the rooms will be completely renovated with new furniture and fixtures. This renovation will be complete in the spring of 2013. All fixtures will be updated in the rooms to help better satisfy all of our guests needs.

Very truly yours,

Pittsburgh E - Monroeville

Reviewed December 12, 2012

We tried a Red Roof in the Baltimore area earlier this year b/c of their pet policy "dogs stay free". Other chains wanted $100-$160. non-refundable deposit . . . .for a 10 & 12 year old dog (s)?
We didn't know what to expect in paying half the price of the big chain room rates, so we were surprised & amazed when we arrived. This was one of the best overnight stays ever, so we decided to do it again in the Pittsburgh area - minus the dogs. The bed was soft & comfy, we had fresh coffee at 5:30 AM in the lobby, easy parking & a quiet area. The front desk CSR, Nick, was exceptionally friendly and professional. No problems at all, it was a good stay. SO, we'll use Red Roof again on our Christmas trip to Kentucky.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Carole S
RedMonroeville, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

I am always excited to hear from guest that our staff and accommodations are so delightful. It is so wonderful to hear such great things about our Inn, we try extremely hard to make sure we deliver on quality and service. I am pleased to know that our comfy bedding package & complimentary coffee bar exceeded your expectations. We look forward to providing you with lodging needs when your travel/work plans bring you back to the Monroeville area.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a post about your positive experience at our property! I will be sure to share your words with Nick and the rest of the staff. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I use tripadvisor for everything so it is only fair to report back when i stay somewhere away from home.

I recently stayed in room 233 which is a king room with fridge. I was very satisfied with how clean the room was as well as the comfort of the bed. The tv is not updated but for 100 bucks you can not pass it up. The only complaint I had is they need to put draino in the tub because water filled up around my feet which i had to wash separate because that is just gross. Otherwise the stay was good for the money. Many things are close by to it is a good spot to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

It is so wonderful to hear such great things about our Inn, we try extremely hard to make sure deliver on quality and service. I am pleased to know that our comfy bedding package exceeded your expectations, and please rest assure that the tub drain was handle immediately upon your check/out. We look forward to providing you with lodging needs when your travel/work plans bring you back to the Monroeville area.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a post about your positive experience at our property! I will be sure to share your words with the staff. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Thanks especially to Kimmie who went out of her way to help me out. My original booking had me in a room that would not have had access to wi-fi, but she worked everything out for me to get into a room where I could work. Thanks for taking care of the customer, Kimmie...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MLEF2012

Thank you for taking time to write our property a Trip Advisor post! At Red Roof Inn we pride our self on providing our guests with comfortable, clean and affordable rooms. Great Guest Service is our number 1 focus here in Monroeville.

It is so wonderful to hear such great things about our Inn, we try extremely hard to make sure we deliver on quality and service. I am pleased to know that my staff exceeded your expectations. We look forward to providing you with lodging needs when your travel/work plans bring you back to the Monroeville area.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I always feel safe and comfortable here. The price is a savings in comparison to other hotels in the area. On all my visits over the past years the front desk staff has always been pleasant on check-in and check-out. Kimmie is an example of that. My future visits will be at this hotel when I visit the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank ChuckSanDiego_CA

Reviewed October 15, 2012

The hotel was clean and the service was Excellent. Kimmie went above and beyond to make me feel welcome and meet my needs. She was very friendly and helpful. I was originally booked at a fancy hotel downtown but due to a mix up I ended up at here. Kimmie found ways to meet all my needs including helping me store food and find utensils so I could eat the food I had brought (since I was suppose to stay in a suite with a full kitchen). I am now glad that I ended up here. Great service makes all the difference!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business